Page 123 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2373113114115116117118119120121122123
Results 2,441 to 2,460 of 2460

Thread: Qing Shi Huang Fei 《倾世皇妃》 - Ruby Lin, Yan Kuan, Wallace Huo

Quote Originally Posted by laisee View Post
    I've finally come round to watching this series now that its second broadcast is underway and have been reading the comments on this thread. Just a note to Huo Mi - why not give the other actors a chance? No need to lay on the hate all because Wallace Huo is not a major character and doesn't get the girl. He chose to be a support character since he only gave the production 1 month or less to film. This series is really not all about him y'know.
    Wow... you actually based in Shanghai! I presumed you are a fan of Ruby? You must have known those battles between Ruby and Wallace's fans then. I think that is ridiculous. They are good friends and none of those would change that.

Not sure why you got the impression there is a hatred among us. Actually we all knew that Wallace is only a guest appearance in this series at the beginning. Not getting the girl fell into our expectations anyway. It's more about the scripts. There are many holes in there.

Quote Originally Posted by tobemela View Post
    Wow... you actually based in Shanghai! I presumed you are a fan of Ruby? You must have known those battles between Ruby and Wallace's fans then. I think that is ridiculous. They are good friends and none of those would change that.

Not sure why you got the impression there is a hatred among us. Actually we all knew that Wallace is only a guest appearance in this series at the beginning. Not getting the girl fell into our expectations anyway. It's more about the scripts. There are many holes in there.
    Haha, yes I have been following Ruby's career since HZGG (I actually preferred her over Zhao Wei in HZGG) as well as Wallace's since Dolphin's Bay. Their close friendship is very well known in the celeb circles and I'm sure they were gobsmacked to see all these needless fan wars raging as if they are enemies.

I actually like Ruby a lot as a personality and even as an actress despite mixed reviews. Admittedly, she's not a great beauty. She's pretty in a pleasant, girl-next-door way, so I know where critics are coming from about her taking on the Fuya role. But seriously, between someone say like Liu Yifei and Ruby, I'd totally want Ruby as Fuya because of the sheer force of character she brings into the role.

Agree that the script is full of plotholes, but to be very honest, I can't help but continue watching QSHF over the more acclaimed Zhen Huan Bio (which is also having its 2nd broadcast at the same time on 3 channels). At the end of the day, my brain is so busy and tired out from work, that I really want to unwind after work hours with a mindless entertaining series full of hunky guys. Haha!
    Last edited by laisee; 04-15-12 at 09:48 PM.

Lian Cheng (Wallace)'s brother, Tony Yang plays in new Taiwanese series Love Forward, characters totally different from the brooding one here. He's a hottie too. I started a thread on the TV series in the Taiwanese Series forum.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Lian Cheng (Wallace)'s brother, Tony Yang plays in new Taiwanese series Love Forward, characters totally different from the brooding one here. He's a hottie too. I started a thread on the TV series in the Taiwanese Series forum.
    But I felt his black crow costuming in QSHF was sinister. I thought it was kinda fashioned after Brandon Lee's (Bruce Lee's son) costuming in The Crow *shudder*

I MUCH prefer he royal king costume near the end of the series.
    I ship Shi-Harem

d censor cut some scenes? aiyee that is why I won't watch it on Astro....potong steam aje

Quote Originally Posted by ro8888 View Post
    d censor cut some scenes? aiyee that is why I won't watch it on Astro....potong steam aje
    There's enough scandal in this series even if scenes are cut. Wow, talk about Oedipus complex being played out in a big way! I guess it does make sense for Ruby to be the object of desire of all the young handsome guys since she looks rather mother-like rather than the typical sweet young thing in BBJX, Gong etc. OK, Qi You was just raised by Concubine Mei and not her real blood son. But for Qi Yun to also fall for her, when he actually first mistook her for his real mom (i.e. Concubine Mei)?! Woooh! BIG Oedipus complex here!!

Actually I was hoping the HOT Han Ming would go for Fuya too - that will be the biggest slap on the face of psycho***** Han Shao Yi. I mean why not?

I just finished watching the series and I am emotionally drained since so many people died in this series. Qi You is the perfect man one can ever hope for: he's intelligent, devoted, level-headed and kind. I doubt there really is a man like Qi You out there because he's too perfect. Lincheng, on the other hand, is too obsessive and melancholy for my taste. He's cruel to people he disliked but too obsessive and possessive to people he loved. I find such love to be scary because one's wonder is it truly love or just an obsession.

I'm so glad I never watched any of Wallace's or Yan Kuan's series before so I can watch the series without any bias. I read through most of the posts on this thread and find that those that are fans of Wallace tend to be too obsessive that they cannot allow other actors to shine in the thread. I also find that Wallace sometimes overact. There is no doubt that Wallace is a handsome man but so is Yan Kuan. I find it amusing that neither fan groups allow other to shine in the series. It's just a series guys, there's no need to fight over it. Just sit back and enjoy it.

Chemistry wise, I love the Ruby Lin-Yan Kuan couple. I thought they have great chemistry and I like that the writer(s) wrote it that any misunderstanding between them were quickly resolved because Qi You understand and know Fuya so well and also because he is so level-headed that he can think through it. It annoys me no end when I watch some series and the misunderstanding between the couple dragged on forever or caused the breakup. The series did a great job in showing how each character have a story behind their action and the multilayers of each character made this series so much more interesting.

I actually was quite drawn to Qi You and I thought Yan Kuan did a great job portraying the character. This actor shows potential and hopefully he will get more chances playing lead roles.

I was hoping for ruby and wallace to end up in this series. they had great chemistry...

Quote Originally Posted by christinatran View Post
    I just finished watching the series and I am emotionally drained since so many people died in this series. Qi You is the perfect man one can ever hope for: he's intelligent, devoted, level-headed and kind. I doubt there really is a man like Qi You out there because he's too perfect. Lincheng, on the other hand, is too obsessive and melancholy for my taste. He's cruel to people he disliked but too obsessive and possessive to people he loved. I find such love to be scary because one's wonder is it truly love or just an obsession.

I'm so glad I never watched any of Wallace's or Yan Kuan's series before so I can watch the series without any bias. I read through most of the posts on this thread and find that those that are fans of Wallace tend to be too obsessive that they cannot allow other actors to shine in the thread. I also find that Wallace sometimes overact. There is no doubt that Wallace is a handsome man but so is Yan Kuan. I find it amusing that neither fan groups allow other to shine in the series. It's just a series guys, there's no need to fight over it. Just sit back and enjoy it.
    Well, if you consider popularity and fan base then I'm pretty sure you would understand that actors and actresses are never on equality terms. People are always bound to like one over another, and one actor is always bound to be more popular then the other. I admit, I play favorites too. Fans are possessive over Wallace because he's more known and popular as an actor compared to Yan Kuan. I'm not saying that Yan Kuan is bad as an actor, but I haven't seen him done any outbreak with his roles before. Usually he plays second or is the bad guy thus I'm pretty sure his fan base isn't that big yet. Since Wallace has more fans then of course the likely outcome is that they are going to root for him instead of Yan Kuan. Also, if we don't root for other guy and just Yan Kuan since he's already labeled as the lead then what fun is that and why shouldn't we be supporting the actor we like. Even though Wallace's character is possessive and cruel, his acting and emotions is what counts. His presence only and character is what made people still like him and root for him even though he is the second lead. Audience always like watching the guy be very protective and lingering towards the main girl, it spices things up and you see more of his emotions.
    Last edited by Stace Vang; 03-06-13 at 08:55 PM.

I pretty much just skipped to the end after Wallace died. The drama was decent, but I just was not interested after Wallace left.

Ruby Lin is not a very strong actress, but I disagree with those who are saying that she is too old. If I did not know, I would never have guess that she was in her late 30s.

I kind of fell for Yan Kuan at the start, but after LLC/Durian City (LOL) appeared, I moved right on to Wallace. Don't get me wrong, Yan Kuan is awesome, it's just that I am very biased when it comes to Wallace.

Hello!

can you please share me the OST. of QSHF too? i really love the sone listen to me which i can't find the full version.
    many thanks in advanced.

Quote Originally Posted by ching_ View Post
    thx tobemela and bananajuice!
    Love all songs from qshf. Too bad there is no songs by Yan Kuan, he also quite good at singing.
    Hello!

can you please share me the OST. of QSHF too? i really love the sone listen to me which i can't find the full version.
    many thanks in advanced.

I think you may be able to find the songs on you tube? I only have the link to the insert song by Wallace Huo (with English subbed). Ruby is well loved by the Vietnamese fans so they may have uploaded her songs you tube.
    Last edited by Ilovewuxia; 06-24-15 at 10:31 AM.

Ruby Lin isn't really old yet, but on the same breath, I suppose she can't play 18-year-old, super beauties anymore.

She looks young for a 40yo!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovewuxia View Post
    She looks young for a 40yo!
    Ruby is not 40!!

She looks great for a a 39 1/2 year old! Her skin is still very fair and smooth even on HD close up!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

OK fine. Ruby is in her late 30's. Happy Charby?

I personally she looks like she's in her early twenties. I like her dimples. I heard she's doing very well as a producer. And this drama, QSHF, won some awards didn't it?

QSHF got a whole lot of awards for the five main casts, but this covers the websites as well as TV stations. It may have won more awards if it wasn't competing against ZHZ or BBJX which were immensely popular and of high quality.

I think Ruby is a great producer and she has an eye for casting. She also has a pretty good network with artistes, media and directors which helps her a lot. I liked her movie with Christopher Lee which was simple yet effective.

But not all of her productions are great, depending on personal taste. But I am looking forward to the upcoming "Chang GE xing" which looks grand.

I hope Ruby will work again with Kevin Yan or Wallace Huo again. They all have good chemistry.

Local tv station have been airing this on weekend night , didn't feel much until last night's episode about the 2 main lead's poison. Now I'm gonna watch all the remaining episodes online ... it's addictive.

*edit* 3 weeks later
    finally completed episode 22-44 on youtube
    what a tear jerker, almost every episode was touching
    the last few episodes with the poison slave was bad ...

as with LanLingWang I started after the first 16 or so episodes and cannot find the motivation to watch it after knowing the tragic ending
    Last edited by krabs; 09-11-15 at 02:39 PM.

yeah i don't like the story after the other male lead died, lol i forget his name, the love triangle story around the male lead, fuya and the evil female toward the end is kind of absurd, but overall i like the drama, anyway i look forward to chang ge xing too, although it is another love triangle with another evil female