Thread: Baby girl in China abandoned on the street... because she is BLONDE?

Default Baby girl in China abandoned on the street... because she is BLONDE?

Baby girl in China abandoned on the street... because she is BLONDE

A mother abandoned her newborn baby on the street in China - because the little girl was blonde.
    The white-haired Chinese baby was discovered by a passer-by on a street corner in Nanning, Guangxi Province.
    The woman who found the child heard a cry and made the shocking discovery.

Enlarge $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/11/23/article-0-0C335BAE000005DC-4_468x319.jpg') The little girl was found on the street in Nanning, Guangxi Province with a note and some baby clothes

'I was walking to work and heard cries from a wrapped-up quilt in the corner' she said.
    'By opening it I found a baby crying very sadly.'
    Police found a bag of baby clothes besides the quilt and an envelope containing 3,900 Yuan, about £390.

On the envelope the mother had written: 'I hope warm-hearted people can help to send the baby to the orphanage house. Wish you all the best.
    'My dear baby I am an irresponsible mother and an incapable mother. I am sorry.'
    Police suspect but have not confirmed that the mother dumped her child because of the baby's white hair.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/11/23/article-0-0C335C18000005DC-829_468x709.jpg') Police suspect the mother may have dumped her child because of the baby's white hair

She may have been given up because she was a girl or because her mother could not afford the fine for keeping her.
    Most Chinese families are allowed only one child to reduce the 1.3 billion-plus population and cut unsustainable demand on resources.
    Many children, mostly girls, are abandoned because of the policy.

Link
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...t--BLONDE.html

Do you the baby was Albino that result the dump?

It could be that the baby is also born out of wedlock, and being albino on top could mean the mother would have had a lot less support from her family, hence she had to abandon her.

PS, the use of blond in this article annoys me, Blond means hair is some shade of yellow, she looks like an Albino. Blonds rarely face discrimination, sure we all heard of blond jokes, but Albinos faces very real prejudice pretty much all over the world.
    Last edited by Dimeron; 11-24-10 at 01:44 PM.

I was wondering if perhaps the blonde association was indicative of a possible foreign father? I've never seen an albino baby before well I haven't seen many babies period.
    I like me.

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    I was wondering if perhaps the blonde association was indicative of a possible foreign father? I've never seen an albino baby before well I haven't seen many babies period.
    Unless the mother herself is also mixed, the chance of getting platinum blond is very, very low. If I recall the genes that causes fair hair are recessive, meaning both parents must have it (even if they don't show it), and as far as I know most Chinese do not have that gene. So most mixed kids will have dark hair or at best dirty blond hair.

Albinism on the other hand can occur to pretty much everything.
    Last edited by Dimeron; 11-24-10 at 05:43 PM.

I think it's hilarious that they blocked out the baby's eyes in the second picture. As if the albinism wouldn't give her away.

Sad all 'round. But at least she didn't dump her new born baby into a trash can. Though I think she should have shown more courage and left the baby at the orphanage herself. What a sad, sad woman and mother.

kind of late but very sad and I do agree at least the baby was not toss into a dumpster.