Thread: Random Thoughts II

So we were learning about the different rooms in a typical house and the functions of each. The discussion came to the "bathroom", with a picture showing a bathtub filled with water, a sink, some toothbrushes, etc. As we were talking about the things people can do in bathrooms (e.g. take a shower, brush teeth, wash hands), two kids had to go to the toilet. So I asked the children what people do in toilets. They answered correctly, of course; then, the following discussion ensued:

Kid#1 (aged 3): Go swimming.

Me: You want to go swimming?

Kid#1 nods.

Me: In the toilet?

Kid#1 nods.

Me: Are you sure?

Kid#2 (also aged 3; interrupting): (Kid#1's name) go in the toilet; FLUSH! No more (Kid#1's name)!

Half* the class burst into spontaneous laughter, leaving Kid#1 wondering what the joke was about, and Kid#2 feeling rather smug about himself.

*The other half couldn't understand the joke.

----

After silently giving Kid#2 credit for being able to give voice to his creative (and even mischievous) thoughts in English, I went after Kid#1 just to make sure he was aware that we were no longer talking about the filled bathtub (where he could have gone "swimming" in) but that the discussion had actually moved on to the "toilet". Thankfully, he eventually realised that he hadn't been following the discussion as closely as he should have before speaking up.
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

有誰可以真真正正笑看風雲
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Listen to radio talk about US chemical attack on Vietnam Vietnam war. Did the US ever take responsibility for spraying Agent Orange to Vietnam? I read about it. The effect is so long lasting that Vietnam's soil is still damaged now. And the deformed children.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

I was only taught about the Vietnam War in passing in 5th grade. Interestingly enough, in Vietnam, this war is called the American War--or so I've been told.
    I like me.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Listen to radio talk about US chemical attack on Vietnam Vietnam war. Did the US ever take responsibility for spraying Agent Orange to Vietnam? I read about it. The effect is so long lasting that Vietnam's soil is still damaged now. And the deformed children.
    It is very sad. War and what leads to it are terrible things.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

One's personality can be reflected with an illustration like this. What you think, is how you respond. How you response, you illustrate as it is. The below image is from www.dunning.ca. Try our matching MBTI and see if you are agreeable to the illustration - is that how you'd respond as your mind brings you thru to a journey? This - looks like how I would behave and I see my personality in there. I agree to the one with ENTP as well though....

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://64.19.142.13/www.dunning.ca/wp-content/themes/bpp/image.php?width=570&image=http://www.dunning.ca/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/ESTPposter.jpg')
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 09-10-11 at 01:09 AM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

So our mafia game has not ended?

I'm such a gay nerd

What is the purpose of douchebags and jack-asse.s in the world?

I really dislike it when a guy like him can be such a jerk. You got a lovely wife and four kids, but somehow you forgot to grow up and eat a piece of humble pie everyday. You idiot, who love to downplay the efforts of the whole team who directly worked with the project. Then when they write a letter to explain it all, you want a piece and credit for writing the letter too? You had no direct work or effort in the project, you dimwit, loser and prideful jerk! Total douchebag 100%. I hope you come to realize how much time you spend assuming things when you don't know the whole story. I dislike how you love to hear yourself talk and talk and talk, but never spend the same amount of time listening and being fcuking humble! When you assume, you make an *** of you, NOT ME or anyone else. ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Gosh! There is so much homework to do this term!
    I like me.

One big client is leaving Singapore for Shanghai. No more business from this company from Jan onwards. Need to find others.

One mistake I made during the past four years is that I trusted too many people too easily with my vulnerabilities. I should have known that some people would exploit them (although in at least two cases, I was surprised by whom it was who did the exploiting).

I've basically been a lame duck since at least the middle of 2008...maybe even farther back. I began opening the door just a little bit at the beginning of 2007, thinking that no harm could be done letting everyone get a small peek inside. I didn't realize that within a year, there'd be an onrush that would break every barrier I had carefully contrived over the years.

Now there's no going back...

Lol kenny, doesn't seem you made much progress

Ken. move on. Remember you are no longer young. What's past is past.

Did I just hear a Wah-mbulance drive by?
    --=={Grundle}==--

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Ken. move on. Remember you are no longer young. What's past is past.
    Not until you guys can forget everything I've told you since 2008 as well. Are you prepared to do that? Can you look at me as if everything since 2008 didn't happen? If you can, THEN I'll move on (not my personal life, but my SPCNET life).

I don't think you guys can. I think you'll always think of me as "that crazy guy." I suppose I can't blame you all: I was the one who chose to reveal all that, after all.

I wish I could get into each of your brains and see what you all *really* think of me, and just magically remove all the bad parts. I doubt that's going to happen, though.

If you tell me you will, though, I might naively believe you...just because it's better than the alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Grundle View Post
    Did I just hear a Wah-mbulance drive by?
    People like you don't help. You're *precisely* like those two I mentioned, though not as bad because I barely know you.

The other two, unfortunately, I *thought* were trustworthy friends. I trusted badly.

One of the side effects of a medicine I'm about to take is "inappropriate happiness". LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    One of the side effects of a medicine I'm about to take is "inappropriate happiness". LOL!
    Stay away from funerals ><
    --=={Grundle}==--

Good to know I haven't aged much in the past 10 years. Never occur to me to have someone much younger than me to develop an instant crush on me. And he's so obvious. Haha...it's cute.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Grundle View Post
    Stay away from funerals ><
    LOL!!

So far, I haven't experienced any unintentional happiness. I actually don't mind it, since my work is so intense.