Thread: Random Thoughts II

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    If I can survive until now, you sure can.

I know the feeling. When you are stressed out and depressed, things can look bleak. Doing some physical exercise can help. Well, if you are just normal depressed and not clinically depressed.

Seems like you have gotten better.

Just remember. Never ever take the easy way out however bleak and no-way-out you feel. There will be a way out.
    Perspectives of life do change when one gets older. How many years have I been in spcnet?
    Happy 10th Bday, SS.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Perspectives of life do change when one gets older. How many years have I been in spcnet?
    Happy 10th Bday, SS.
    Thanks. You Wkeej, on Saturday will be your 7th year at SPCNET.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Read about Troy Davis just now. Wonder if he's innocent or guilty. His pardon got denied. Today is his execution day.

Reading the summary of Troy Davis early life, it's really is 一失足成千古恨.

From wiki. A troubled youth, but, not a really bad guy. I mean, the way he cares for his sister shows that he's not that bad.

Davis is the eldest child of Korean War veteran Joseph Davis and hospital worker Virginia Davis. The couple divorced when Davis was very young, and Davis grew up with four siblings in the predominantly black, middle-class neighborhood of Cloverdale, Savannah. He attended Windsor Forest High School, where one teacher described him as a poor student. He dropped out in his junior year so he could drive his disabled younger sister to her rehabilitation. Davis obtained his high-school equivalency diploma from Richard Arnold Education Center in 1987. A teacher noted that he attended school regularly but seemed to lack discipline. Davis' nickname at the time was "Rah," or "Rough as Hell" , but neighbors reported that it did not reflect his behavior; they described him as a "straight up fella" who acted as a big brother to local children. In July 1988, Davis pled guilty to carrying a concealed weapon; he was fined $250 as part of a plea agreement in which a charge of possession of a gun with altered serial numbers was dropped.
    In August 1988, Davis began work as a drill technician at a plant manufacturing railroad crossing gates. His boss reported that Davis was a likable and good worker who appeared to have positive life goals. However, his job attendance was poor, and by Christmas 1988 he stopped coming to work. Davis returned to the job twice in the following months, but neither time remained for long.
    Last edited by kidd; 09-20-11 at 10:57 PM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Suet Seung's 10th year on SPCNET. Oh my gosh! Has it been 10 years already?
    HAHAHA Happy 10th!
    I like me.

There is so much stuff to read!!!!
    I like me.

Got 5 free domestic air tickets this year so far. Another one is coming soon!

how: 4 new bonus credit cards + racked up 2 more over the years.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

I don't know where that Bucket List thread is, but I want to add this to my bucket list. It's freakin' amazing and I would love to witness it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWcVx...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItaO7...eature=related
    Less Than Perfect

What's another 60 to 80 years of life in the span of the Universe, no matter how miserable today is?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    What's another 60 to 80 years of life in the span of the Universe, no matter how miserable today is?
    Are you arguing that you can be
    1. more miserable tomorrow or
    2. less miserable tomorrow or
    3. equally miserable or
    4. what?

I got the internship! I am a little bit in over me head with regards to the position's responsibilities....however I'm quite excited about this opportunity!

Go ME!!
    I like me.

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    I got the internship! I am a little bit in over me head with regards to the position's responsibilities....however I'm quite excited about this opportunity!

Go ME!!
    CONGRATULATIONS!
    I had a feeling you could make it! Your resume was quite solid on the part of "international" experience, and coupled with your cheerful bubbly personality , you had a possible winner there!

Keep it up!
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

"You're like an island of reality... in an ocean of diarrhea."

LOL!
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

I hate rules. Specifically nonsense red tape rules that just makes everything complicated.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Happy 7th bday to myelf. :-)

Go ME!!
    Good for you! Just work hard, and the rest shall follow, I suppose? I applied to a new job, so hopefully they'll give me an interview and I get hired.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Happy 7th bday to myelf. :-)
    Happy 7th! We keep coming back to this forum.

Just brewed some coffee. Some days you just need coffee. I'm not particularly a coffee fanatic or someone who drinks coffee everyday. I just drink it whenever I feel like it. What about everyone else? Coffee: Love it, hate it, occasional coffee drinker, daily coffee drinker?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I don't hate coffee but I don't drink it either.

Quote Originally Posted by HuangYushi View Post
    CONGRATULATIONS!
    I had a feeling you could make it! Your resume was quite solid on the part of "international" experience, and coupled with your cheerful bubbly personality , you had a possible winner there!

Keep it up!
    LOL! I'm really the sort of person who thinks, "Wow, they want ME!?" Thank you for your support, Yushi!

Good for you! Just work hard, and the rest shall follow, I suppose? I applied to a new job, so hopefully they'll give me an interview and I get hired.
    Good luck!

I've been watching Bu Bu Jing Xin over the last two days and find it quite good...much better than Palace..
    I like me.

Just brewed some coffee. Some days you just need coffee. I'm not particularly a coffee fanatic or someone who drinks coffee everyday. I just drink it whenever I feel like it. What about everyone else? Coffee: Love it, hate it, occasional coffee drinker, daily coffee drinker?
    I used to drink coffee everyday.
    I stopped drinking coffee some years back as I take a liking for tea (especially the condensed milk tea - not so sweet but smooth). I do not drink/dare to drink coffee nowadays as I have difficulty falling asleep. Do not have this problem when I was a daily coffee drinker.

I happen to enjoy trying coffee from different countries...though I find black coffee to be bitter but the smell of coffee alone is nice.I used to be addicted to coffee...but it was more out of ritual habit than the caffeine in the coffee itself. I tend to drink lots of coffee when I am in school but don't drink it now so much. Lately, I have become a tea drinker. Like wkeej, I have become more sensitive to coffee these days as a result. :T

I come from a family of coffee drinkers though lol My mom and my aunties love coffee from some remote province in the homeland. They bring it over to the USA whenever they travel abroad. My mom has noticed my tea drinking habit and remarked that is has improved my skin---though I didn't know tea had this kind of benefit!
    I like me.

LOL! I'm really the sort of person who thinks, "Wow, they want ME!?" Thank you for your support, Yushi!
    Your candid unassuming reaction to affirmation is one of your strengths. Don't get big-headed, and you'll do great! OK, I'm going to stop before I embarrass you further!

I applied to a new job, so hopefully they'll give me an interview and I get hired.
    All the best! I hope you succeed!

What about everyone else? Coffee: Love it, hate it, occasional coffee drinker, daily coffee drinker?
    I used to have so much coffee that my doctor told me to quit, or go on long-term medication. So I quit, and didn't have any since. It's been almost 20 years. I drink tea now; one tea bag a day, plain without any sugar or milk, all day until the taste is totally gone. Then, I am satisfied.
    Last edited by HuangYushi; 09-25-11 at 07:04 PM.
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!