Thread: Random Thoughts II

Quote Originally Posted by HuangYushi View Post
    All the best! I hope you succeed!
    I used to have so much coffee that my doctor told me to quit, or go on long-term medication. So I quit, and didn't have any since. It's been almost 20 years. I drink tea now; one tea bag a day, plain without any sugar or milk, all day until the taste is totally gone. Then, I am satisfied.
    Thanks Yushi.

Wow. 20 years ago. Way to put age on yourself. I can now say 20 years ago to a bunch of K-3 graders. But still, you must be Ken Cheng's equal in age or his senior in age by a couple of years. Nevertheless, I admire your well-rounded and worldly knowledge and all.

Yeah, like a few of you, I'm more of a tea drinker. I buy several boxes of Chai Tea with honey (not too sweet) and drink 1 bag/1 cup almost every day, but not every day. I also drink green tea, sometimes red tea or Jasmine tea, and Earl Grey. But I love Chai Tea with all the spices in it, no milk, just honey. Love Ice Thai Tea too. Oh yeah, sometimes I drink chamomile herbal tea.

What does it say about a person who drinks tea? I know a friend who does not care for coffee/tea/water, just soda and gataorade for him. I don't know if there's any correlation, but he's not a calm, patient, peaceful problem solver type. He's the type that gets upset because of a situation for a whole day/night, whines and moans about the problem, then do nothing to resolve or calmly look at the situation. I guess its a personality, but I really think people drink tea as more calmer and thoughtful thinkers?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I used to have so much coffee that my doctor told me to quit, or go on long-term medication. So I quit, and didn't have any since. It's been almost 20 years. I drink tea now; one tea bag a day, plain without any sugar or milk, all day until the taste is totally gone. Then, I am satisfied.
    Pardon me for my ignorance. What adverse impact does drinking too much coffee has on one? Just like you, I have drunk coffee for more than 20 years. Then coffee and tea. And now tea every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    but I really think people drink tea as more calmer and thoughtful thinkers?
    Not sure about this. Just like you, I know two people who do not drink water. One only drinks Coke and beer - indeed no other drinks.

Another was my army mate long ago. He would vomit if he drinks plain water. So, he has permission to bring Ribena syrup to camp to mix with the plain water.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    What adverse impact does drinking too much coffee has on one? Just like you, I have drunk coffee for more than 20 years.
    I didn't drink coffee for more than 20 years; I have *stopped* coffee for almost 20 years. Some people drink coffee all their life and don't suffer any apparent ill effects (like my brother); others (like me) can't take coffee for various reasons. I had gastric problems that were aggravated by too much coffee and frequently irregular meals. Once I stopped coffee and ate 3 meals regularly each day, the gastric problems went away.
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

What does it say about a person who drinks tea? ... I guess its a personality, but I really think people drink tea as more calmer and thoughtful thinkers?
    Some wikipedia articles about tea and its effects:
    1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea
    2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_effects_of_tea

Makes for interesting reading.
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

I didn't drink coffee for more than 20 years; I have *stopped* coffee for almost 20 years. Some people drink coffee all their life and don't suffer any apparent ill effects (like my brother); others (like me) can't take coffee for various reasons. I had gastric problems that were aggravated by too much coffee and frequently irregular meals. Once I stopped coffee and ate 3 meals regularly each day, the gastric problems went away.
    Oh I see. I shared the importance of having regular meals. Some years ago, I ate two meals a day due to working lifestyle - one at 11 am (something like bunch) and dinner at 5 pm. Not only I have gastric pain but also diarrhoea in the middle of the night, e.g. 2 am. Today, I eat three regular meals. Gastric is gone and so is diarrhoea.

Your candid unassuming reaction affirmation is one of your strengths. Don't get big-headed, and you'll do great! OK, I'm going to stop before I embarrass you further!

I'd love to learn the art of proper tea drinking and appreciation. It seems refined to me--so it's appealing lol.

I just can't give up sunflower seeds. Almond butter tastes sweet to me.
    I like me.

Feeling a bit sad now after reading this article - 'My legs are now so tired and weak’
    http://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/singa...135610822.html

Having a 3 days weekend is awesome. And shopping on a Monday avoiding the crowds sounds like a good idea. Maybe I'll stop by Mickey's D for fries and apple pies as well and, if I'm in a mood for burgers, I'll go to where they serve kobe beef burgers.
    What you seek is seeking you. Believing is Seeing. Anything is possible if only if you could believe it!

Hermetic Law of Attraction

Oh wow! Has anyone visited the main SPCNET website lately? SC has updated the website layout! Looks nice, I approve!

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

The most interesting angle to ever photograph a chair

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.visualphotos.com/photo/2x4654819/adirondack_chair_by_lakefront_val_morin_quebec_600-03210442.jpg')

http://www.visualphotos.com/photo/2x...0-03210442.jpg
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

When you treat people like an option, they know. When you treat them like a priority, they know it and they appreciate it. Don't treat others like an option unless you want to be treated as an option too.

Oh wow! Has anyone visited the main SPCNET website lately? SC has updated the website layout! Looks nice, I approve!
    The new layout makes spcnet look like a blog.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post

what new layout???

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    I suppose you are right about that too. It does.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    what new layout???
    Uhh..Beaver...the MAIN SPCNET website, not the forum here. Too busy building dams, to get with the program, dear?

Uhh..Beaver...the MAIN SPCNET website, not the forum here. Too busy building dams, to get with the program, dear?
    Oh, dam or no dam, I've never really paid too much attention to the main spcnet these days. The drama focus on the main page these days give a very different vibe from the old spcnet days and the forum...

Amanda Knox's four year ordeal is coming to an end in a couple days. I still haven't figured out yet if she is an innocent victim or a cold blooded killer.

When you treat people like an option, they know. When you treat them like a priority, they know it and they appreciate it. Don't treat others like an option unless you want to be treated as an option too.
    I have bear this quote, with a similar effect to yours, in mind always: "Never treat someone as your priority, when you are only an option to them." - Speaking from experience as the latter, sadly.

PJ, I like your new avatar Given Lautner's physical profile, he has a chance to become one of the prominent actors, somewhere along the lines of Matt Damon or even Bruce Willis.
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 10-01-11 at 06:26 AM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Yeah, like a few of you, I'm more of a tea drinker. I buy several boxes of Chai Tea with honey (not too sweet) and drink 1 bag/1 cup almost every day, but not every day. I also drink green tea, sometimes red tea or Jasmine tea, and Earl Grey. But I love Chai Tea with all the spices in it, no milk, just honey. Love Ice Thai Tea too. Oh yeah, sometimes I drink chamomile herbal tea.

What does it say about a person who drinks tea? I know a friend who does not care for coffee/tea/water, just soda and gataorade for him. I don't know if there's any correlation, but he's not a calm, patient, peaceful problem solver type. He's the type that gets upset because of a situation for a whole day/night, whines and moans about the problem, then do nothing to resolve or calmly look at the situation. I guess its a personality, but I really think people drink tea as more calmer and thoughtful thinkers?
    Personality profiling through habits? Well, that's interesting I drink both tea and coffee. I drink coffee when I need it, but also appreciate the different style of coffee (latte, mocha, white coffee, etc). I prefer my drink with milk (too stubborn to do without it) and not too sweet despite I am asked to take less dairy product as possible. I mainly take anything that I need than I want - fruit juice, water, beverage, thirst quencher like Gatorade, etc. Can you make up anything from my habit, SS?
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    PJ, I like your new avatar Given Lautner's physical profile, he has a chance to become one of the prominent actors, somewhere along the lines of Matt Damon or even Bruce Willis.
    Greatly improved acting is needed for that to happen. Right now, he's all eye candy.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」