Thread: Random Thoughts II

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    I'm sorry to hear what you have to go through simply because of how you look like. But it's okay, because you still have many people around you who loves and cares for you for the way you are.
    People are dumb and will find any excuse to dislike you. But yes, I am quite fortunate to have the support of others who love and care for me. You do too!
    I like me.

Twilight Saga must die! I hate it. Yesterday, there was a married couple who wanted their first floor living room, dining room, and one other room to have this Twilight inspired remodeling on this show Color Splash. Gosh! The wife likes Twilight and even got her husband into the book series. Oh what is the world coming to? They were saying how they had DVDs to the movies and how it can be watched and rewatched many times. BARF!!!!!!!!! Stephenie Meyer I wish you would stop writing all that BS about sparkly vampires and stupid hot head werewolves.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Twilight Saga must die! I hate it. Yesterday, there was a married couple who wanted their first floor living room, dining room, and one other room to have this Twilight inspired remodeling on this show Color Splash. Gosh! The wife likes Twilight and even got her husband into the book series. Oh what is the world coming to? They were saying how they had DVDs to the movies and how it can be watched and rewatched many times. BARF!!!!!!!!! Stephenie Meyer I wish you would stop writing all that BS about sparkly vampires and stupid hot head werewolves.
    WERD!! LOL
    I like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    Sometimes I wonder if this was fate.

I grew up wondering why women were exclusively EXCLUDED in very close and personal areas like family.

I was expected to be a Christian because my father is one.
    I have my father's surname, with no traces of my mother's.
    I am considered a Cantonese simply because my father is a Cantonese; my mother isn't. There just isn't such thing as a half-Cantonese, half-something.

I grew up to be kind of a feminist (I say kind of because my thoughts aren't so pure at times).

I'm not going to take on my mother's last name anytime soon, though, partly because her family name's a difficult one (it sounds like the Chinese word NONE, which makes naming really difficult and my name will instantly turn negative).
    We live in a patriarchal society. Can't help it. I also wondering the same when I was growing up. In the Chinese funeral, some rites only the son or the eldest male grandchild can do. Very unfair.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    We live in a patriarchal society. Can't help it. I also wondering the same when I was growing up. In the Chinese funeral, some rites only the son or the eldest male grandchild can do. Very unfair.
    Time has changed though. In my family, it is my fifth sister who is the most capable. In all family affairs (even the funeral of my dad), she is the leader though she is sixth in line of siblings.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Twilight Saga must die!
    You mean ROCH for white people?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    You mean ROCH for white people?
    Haha...

Twilight Saga must die!
    I've never met anyone who likes it; different generation I guess.
    Last edited by PJ; 11-14-11 at 12:48 AM.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

I stand in one place for a long time and see many people come and go. I'm starting to feel the need to go somewhere too. I guess I feel left behind.

Every thought of returning back to Home Sweet Home feels lovely. Every thought of going over to my aunty's house feels dreadful and uneasy. Due to her dodgy habits and feels restricted.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    Every thought of returning back to Home Sweet Home feels lovely. Every thought of going over to my aunty's house feels dreadful and uneasy. Due to her dodgy habits and feels restricted.

Care to try that again with sentence structure and syntax?

The problem with sharing a forum with an English teacher is that you can't get away with mutilated grammar.

Sex With Animals Will Give You Penis Cancer:

"Researchers studied 432 men between 18 and 80 years old in rural Brazil, 118 of whom had penile cancer. Of those with the disease, 35 percent reported that they had had sex with horses, cows, pigs, chickens, and other animals."

I don't know what to make of this.

http://gizmodo.com/5856361/the-best-budget-headphones

I don't know what kind of budget he's on, but $70 is not a budget headphone in my mind.

How Spontaneous Human Combustion Works

This was one of the things that terrorized my childhood. I'm relieved to know there's a plausible scientific explanation.

I hate it when people pretend that they have interests in whatever it is I'm doing only to get me to listen to what they want to say.
    Less Than Perfect

Quote Originally Posted by mi do ri View Post
    I hate it when people pretend that they have interests in whatever it is I'm doing only to get me to listen to what they want to say.
    Would you rather they say "Hey, I don't care what you're doing, but I want you to listen to what I'm about to say"?

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Would you rather they say "Hey, I don't care what you're doing, but I want you to listen to what I'm about to say"?
    Because I'm talking about strangers, I'd rather they not approach me at all. On campus, there are many people that would approach me by saying something like "excuse me, do you have a minute?" or something similar and then tell me about their cause and stuff. That, I don't mind. I guess my problem is that I have a hard time saying no sometimes.
    Less Than Perfect

I was told an interesting fact the other day. In France, if you smile at someone, it is an invitation for them to come over and talk to you. Americans are smiley people but the French are not. French people can tell who are Americans right away because we are overly smiley.
    I like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post

Care to try that again with sentence structure and syntax?

The problem with sharing a forum with an English teacher is that you can't get away with mutilated grammar.
    Hahahaha! Certainly, for you, Mr. Cheng. Since you care to correct and better my English.

Hmmm, how about... It feels lovely whenever the thought of going-back-to-Home-Sweet-Home comes to my mind. On the other hand, it feels dreadful and uneasy whenever I thought of going to my aunty's house due to her dodgy habits and, I feel restricted.

There, Mr. Cheng

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    I was told an interesting fact the other day. In France, if you smile at someone, it is an invitation for them to come over and talk to you. Americans are smiley people but the French are not. French people can tell who are Americans right away because we are overly smiley.
    And you can easily tell one is a French when they speak with their nose (that very strong accent)
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 11-19-11 at 02:32 AM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Yes, I understand. That's life. :-)