Thread: Random Thoughts II

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post

Spicy isn't a big thing in Cambodian cuisine from what I've seen, but salt, OMG, the salt; my blood pressure is going up just thinking about it.
    LOL! I also love salty foods but need to watch my sodium intake for fear of water retention.
    I like me.

I signed up to clean 50 homes of old folks FOC. Treat it as good exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    I signed up to clean 50 homes of old folks FOC. Treat it as good exercise.
    Very nice of you.

I got to go see The Nutcracker ballet at the Kennedy Center! It was so awesome! I'd do it again in a heartbeat!
    I like me.

Last weekend, I did 6 homes. I have just come back after cleaning two. It is not difficult because possibly due to school holiday and Christmas session, there are many helpers. Each home has about six people to help out.

Was reading up on State of Divinity/Smiling Proud Wanderer and realized that yes, Singapore has a production of it. Also realized that ending is similar to HSDS and Crimson Sabre. Hero and Heroine retired.

Oh, my young co-worker is so self-absorbed, hot-tempered, in complete and unrecoverable denial, she can't admit that she has an attitude problem that needs adjustment and hasn't lived long enough to understand the laws of life. Whine. Whine Whine. Self-pity and egotistic. Really. I don't think I was that self-absorbed and know-it-all lack humility when I was her age.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Change! Switch on! One, two, THREE!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_LpFJBpu5jGA/SGFAzznY3pI/AAAAAAAAAWY/7CqHkjtcH0M/s320/kikaida_dvd_002.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    I found a graduate assistantship! YAY! I am getting paid and tuition remission! Yay!
    YAAAY! Looks like you won't be broke for much longer!
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Change! Switch on! One, two, THREE!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_LpFJBpu5jGA/SGFAzznY3pI/AAAAAAAAAWY/7CqHkjtcH0M/s320/kikaida_dvd_002.jpg')
    Cool! Is this one of the Japanese Power Ranger series?

Did you watch the original Battlestar Galactica series, BTW?
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    Cool! Is this one of the Japanese Power Ranger series?
    It's much older. This is 1972's ANDROID KIKAIDA series, a story about an android created to fight evil, and who must also cope with being an android in a world full of humans. It was sort of an action/sci-fi PINOCCHIO story.

Did you watch the original Battlestar Galactica series, BTW?
    Yes. Grew up with that show, and actually prefer it to the modern version.

Jennifer Aniston named "Sexiest Woman of All Time"? Unless the definition of "sexy" has recently been changed to "average looking fake blonde", this must be a joke.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Read this short story just now. Quite funny. I've not read the Southern Vampires book or watch True Blood. So, don't know how Eric Northman is like. But, the other vampires, quite true to the canon. The author make Edward Cullen so lame. And Lestat with his homoerotic love.

http://tuskmagazinedenver.com/TUSK_SS_vampier.html
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge View Post
    Jennifer Aniston named "Sexiest Woman of All Time"? Unless the definition of "sexy" has recently been changed to "average looking fake blonde", this must be a joke.
    Are they ranking her according to looks or is that just you? And why is her not being a real blonde an issue? Either this is some PR stunt or the people making the selection seriously think she's sexy, which of course, is subjective.
    Last edited by Guo Xiang; 12-12-11 at 04:20 AM.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

In the eyes of beholder?

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    Are they ranking her according to looks or is that just you? And why is her not being a real blonde an issue? Either this is some PR stunt or the people making the selection seriously think she's sexy, which of course, is subjective.
    See here: http://content.usatoday.com/communit...t-woman-list/1

She's been dubbed by Men's Health as "The Hottest Woman of All Time." Of course it's a very subjective title, but still a gross exaggeration IMHO. Her being a fake blonde is not an issue in terms of beauty; I was just using it for a more accurate descriptor (as opposed to just "blonde").
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    I found a graduate assistantship! YAY! I am getting paid and tuition remission! Yay!
    Congratulations! Keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    I've never met any egotistic 18 year old girl who loves to prove she knows how to do everything like this girl I know at work. She's way too overconfident about her capabilities, that she has a hard time accepting any kind of criticism (whether it be constructive criticism or not). She's too proud. She is also short tempered, and the attitude that she has is unacceptable and compromises the goal of the team. AIYA! She thinks because she has worked at Six Flags and has 10 or so siblings, she can do everything? Wake up, little girl! Somebody needs to put her in her place. I hate having to work with her. So annoying. She refuses to cooperate and work nicely as a team. I seriously want to put her in her place.

She has like a major chip on her back. Way too young to even understand human emotions. She thinks what she says could make me angry and mad. Sorry little girl, it takes much more to make me angry. I'm just trying to do my job and you're in big attitude is in the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Oh, my young co-worker is so self-absorbed, hot-tempered, in complete and unrecoverable denial, she can't admit that she has an attitude problem that needs adjustment and hasn't lived long enough to understand the laws of life. Whine. Whine Whine. Self-pity and egotistic. Really. I don't think I was that self-absorbed and know-it-all lack humility when I was her age.
    My sympathies to you, Suet Seung. But wow, what descriptive language! Next time when I need someone to describe all the people whom I generally term as "most annoying", I'll ask for your help!

Frankly though, people like this girl can only last that long if she keeps up with her behaviour. So she either learns and changes (even a little is better than nothing) at some point, or gets the boot.
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

I just read an old discussion topic and I had no idea that I was reading my own posts until I looked at the name more closely! Your history sometimes surprises you.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

I want to know where you hang out if she's considered average :P
    I'd want to move there ahaha

I have lost count the number of homes I helped to clean. Never mind, so long as help is needed and I am available, I will definitely go.

Banned

Default new knowledge

I now have new knowledge of what is going on.