Thread: Random Thoughts II

Quote Originally Posted by KeongJai View Post
    I want to know where you hang out if she's considered average :P
    I'd want to move there ahaha
    I personally know women way hotter than her. She seems average to me too. To give her the "all time" award is absolute BS, since there were starlets in the 50's and 60's that blow her away. Even now there are tons of gorgeous models and stars that outshine her. I don't get it
    --=={Grundle}==--

Quote Originally Posted by Grundle View Post
    I personally know women way hotter than her. She seems average to me too. To give her the "all time" award is absolute BS, since there were starlets in the 50's and 60's that blow her away. Even now there are tons of gorgeous models and stars that outshine her. I don't get it
    Yep, not to mention all the beautiful ladies internationally. The scope of Men's Health's when it comes to women is very limited. They failed to mention that there were only two women in this competition: Rosie O'Donnell and Jennifer Aniston.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I posted about her some time ago. Now, she is gone. Sigh, life is so unpredictable.

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/singapore-s...u-dies.html?nc

After a long 8 hr day at work (and funny how you don't feel tired, until you're off the clock) and you take a nap that turns into a 1 and a half hour sleep and feel so refreshed after waking up. It feels soooo good to sleep. It's like you thirst and get a cup of water to drink. That good!
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Europe has no spice before the spice trade?
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Europe has no spice before the spice trade?
    Europe had a smaller selection of spices (just its own stuff, which wasn't that much). Europeans ate really bland food for centuries before they began trading with Asians and Native Americans.

Why the hell is this song so freaking popular to Chinese ppl? You'll never have a karaoke party without someone singing it.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Carpenters. Another of their songs I like. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHfddvbKb4w

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Why the hell is this song so freaking popular to Chinese ppl? You'll never have a karaoke party without someone singing it.
    OMG, I love this song. Very nostalgic. I think the shalalala and similar parts make it especially fun to sing.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Well, it's a nice song.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

I've personally never heard it at a karaoke. To me, "Unchained Melody" (most famously performed by the Righteous Brothers) is the big culprit for always appearing at karaokes.

"Yesterday Once More" might be a favorite among Asians, however, because Priscilla Chan covered it at her concerts during the 1980s. She often used it as a show-closer. It's said that Ms. Chan was quite a fan of Karen Carpenter.

Today, a friend (and kind of, sort of colleague, though we don't *really* work together) whom I've known for fifteen years let me down big time.

I made a mistake and asked him for permission to do something (no unsavory thoughts, people; it was something legit related to the posting of a certain thread on a non-SPCNET message forum). He didn't like the idea. He thought it was stupid. That's OK. In retrospect, I agreed with him...it *was* stupid and I'm glad I didn't do it.

That's not what let me down: what let me down was that instead of talking to me about it in private (which he could have done), he just *had* to embarrass me in front of several other of our colleagues...as if to make an example of me. He made a big, dramatic deal about it and was quite insulting. Later, when I told him that I wasn't pleased about the way he handled it, he got all huffy and insisted that he'd handled the situation correctly.

If we hadn't been friends for fifteen years, this wouldn't be such a big deal, but I'm furious at him right now.

When I have a dispute with somebody, particularly if it's somebody I consider a friend, I make sure to discuss it with that person in private...to avoid embarrassing the person. It's an act of respect that I think we can expect from friends.

This is the second or third time in three years I've had a "friend" choose to publicly embarrass me instead of making their criticisms in private.

I think I need to find better friends, or at least more tactful ones.

I don't blame my friend for thinking my idea was stupid. It *was*, and I'm actually glad that he told me to not do it. What I don't like is the *way* he told me. He could have just discreetly told me in private, but he just *had* to be a d*ck about it and embarrass me in front of the others. What really pissed me off is when I (privately) confronted him on this, he *insisted* that he had handled it in the right way.

Fifteen years of loyal friendship got me THIS? I helped this guy get started when his website was still new and getting underway. I've spent years helping him to manage it. Now that he's almighty, powerful, and successful, I guess he doesn't need his friends anymore.

Nothing pisses me off more than disloyalty, particularly from so-called "friends." The longer the friendship, the more infuriating it is because after all that time, you'd think you'd know your friends (and they know you).

This has been bugging me all day and will likely bug me for a long time to come. Disloyalty *always* gets to me.

When I start friendships with people, I make it a point to be loyal to them. I stand by them in difficult times, and celebrate their good times.

In the end, though, most of them disappoint me. When I need *them*, they stab me in the back.

It makes me wonder sometimes why I try so hard. Maybe I should just be a d*ck like them: it'd be easier and more fair to myself than laying it out for people who don't deserve it.

Is it any wonder that I have a difficult time trusting people? It seems like my entire life, I put my faith in people whom I *should* be able to trust, only to watch one after another plunge that knife into my back.

Sometimes, people truly disgust me.

Ethical question: if my friend has been disloyal to me, do I morally still owe him my own loyalty, or am I entitled to tell him go f*ck himself?

You are quite old already (hitting the BIG 4 soon?), Ken. At our age, I think we should just keep quiet. Others' mouths do not belong to us. Let them say what they want to say. Just be forgiving.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Ethical question: if my friend has been disloyal to me, do I morally still owe him my own loyalty, or am I entitled to tell him go f*ck himself?
    Dude, you have been friends for 15 years. At some point or another one of you will do something to piss the other one off. You are telling me you would rather piss away 15 years because you got upset once? Get real dude, just tell him he's a dick and that next time he should handle it better. Then you two can go out for beers and all is well in the world.
    --=={Grundle}==--

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Fifteen years of loyal friendship got me THIS? I helped this guy get started when his website was still new and getting underway. I've spent years helping him to manage it. Now that he's almighty, powerful, and successful, I guess he doesn't need his friends anymore.
    As Mark Twain said, "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man."

On the bright side, it's not as bad as 20 years of loyal marriage getting you a cheating spouse and divorce papers. It's not like you're married to this guy.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」