Thread: Random Thoughts II

Need a new pair of shoes and wallet.

Steam sale this year was pretty poor.

Microsoft Store on the other hand was legendary with their 3 am sale!

Picked up 10 titles for about $10 each including some fairly new releases: Diablo3, Avengers (Battle for Earth), SCV, Zumba, Just Dance 3, Nat Geo, Naruto, Lollipop Chainsaw, DBZ UT and Gow3.

Kindle Fire HD should be here soon, hope my folks will find it useful. Wonder if I should buy a Nexus 7... it has a GPS.

Still haven't flashed my Viewsonic gTablet to Jellybean or installed Chromium on an old HP mini.
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    You: I survive somehow
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR

Despite being born and raised in America, I still have some words I can't pronounce properly like the word "periodically" and maybe some other words I don't utter aloud as often enough i.e. inevitable. You can spell and write words correctly, but it is different when you speak them. Anyone have this similar problem?
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 12-02-12 at 06:09 PM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Despite being born and raised in America, I still have some words I can't pronounce properly like the word "periodically" and maybe some other words I don't utter aloud as often enough i.e. inevitable. You can spell and write words correctly, but it is different when you speak them. Anyone have this similar problem?
    The words I used to struggle with pronunciation-wise were culture and unfathomable. I used to pronounce culture as co-ture. I practiced saying vulture over and over and soon i could say culture right heh.

I'm getting ready to do my annual LOTR marathon in prep for The Hobbit. Anyone else with me? =D

Quote Originally Posted by jadebunny9 View Post
    I'm getting ready to do my annual LOTR marathon in prep for The Hobbit. Anyone else with me? =D
    I just got the LOTR Trilogy in Blu-ray in the mail yesterday from Walmart. It's the edition with the $5 off for the Hobbit, and only cost me $12. Too bad LOTR isn't in 3D...

On a separate topic I'm going bonkers on this lake front property we're looking at! A couple of things trigger my "flight from reason" response, and "lake/beach front property" and "private heated pool" are on that list. No private heated pool on this one but it does have a small jacuzzi... I'm so wrapped up in this that I'm even willing to move to another state, rent out my current place, become a contractor and enroll my son in a different school. Visions of kayaking on the lake are dancing through my mind even now...
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR

Quote Originally Posted by darkcser View Post
    On a separate topic I'm going bonkers on this lake front property we're looking at! A couple of things trigger my "flight from reason" response, and "lake/beach front property" and "private heated pool" are on that list. No private heated pool on this one but it does have a small jacuzzi... I'm so wrapped up in this that I'm even willing to move to another state, rent out my current place, become a contractor and enroll my son in a different school. Visions of kayaking on the lake are dancing through my mind even now...
    If you're in the U.S., you might want to wait to see how this whole "fiscal cliff" deal plays out first.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    If you're in the U.S., you might want to wait to see how this whole "fiscal cliff" deal plays out first.
    I thought Grover said that lions, tigers and monkeys come after the fiscal cliff or maybe at the bottom. So given the market tanking, and home prices dropping what's left? Commodities? Gold and silver are probably still over priced... maybe something more basic like shotguns and ammo?

On a serious note, I am concerned how this will affect the job market -especially in the financial sector. Unfortunately this property will only be on the market until end of the year -long before any concrete effects of the upcoming fiscal cliff can be felt aside from general market performance. While I tend to be fairly risk-adverse these days that all goes out the window because it's lake front property!

-KotOR

I thought Grover said that lions, tigers and monkeys come after the fiscal cliff or maybe at the bottom. So given the market tanking, and home prices dropping what's left? Commodities? Gold and silver are probably still over priced... maybe something more basic like shotguns and ammo?

On a serious note, I am concerned how this will affect the job market -especially in the financial sector. Unfortunately this property will only be on the market until end of the year -long before any concrete effects of the upcoming fiscal cliff can be felt aside from general market performance. While I tend to be fairly risk-adverse these days that all goes out the window because it's lake front property!
    dam u be ballin
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

at times, it is quite sad to see old couples of age 60-70 quarelling openly in the bus.

I just got the LOTR Trilogy in Blu-ray in the mail yesterday from Walmart. It's the edition with the $5 off for the Hobbit, and only cost me $12. Too bad LOTR isn't in 3D...
    I got the deal too...got them in the mail a few days ago. Too bad it's not extended version, but hey, for 12 bucks, I'm not complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    dam u be ballin
    I wish

No, it's just that real estate is fairly cheap in CT; there's be no way for me to afford a place with a lake view around where I work now.

A 2500sqft townhouse next to a lake for ~200k is unheard of in these parts.

-KotOR

I wish

No, it's just that real estate is fairly cheap in CT; there's be no way for me to afford a place with a lake view around where I work now.

A 2500sqft townhouse next to a lake for ~200k is unheard of in these parts.
    wow that is dirt cheap...... where i live, 2 floors consisting of 2200 total cost at least 600k

wow that is dirt cheap...... where i live, 2 floors consisting of 2200 total cost at least 600k
    Whoa where in the bay are you? That is pretty cheap! Where I'm at, an ugly house around 1500 sq ft is at least 500K.

Whoa where in the bay are you? That is pretty cheap! Where I'm at, an ugly house around 1500 sq ft is at least 500K.
    haha where u live?

i live by candlestick park aka ghetto *** bayview lol, yea normally a 2 floor house, 1100 sq ft per floor, cost about 600k-700k

My Generasi - A Malaysian's short. : )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzkAP...9NtQg&index=27
    Less Than Perfect

haha where u live?

i live by candlestick park aka ghetto *** bayview lol, yea normally a 2 floor house, 1100 sq ft per floor, cost about 600k-700k
    Yeah that sounds more like it. It's crazy how ridiculous housing is here. I live around Boiling Crab...you already know that. =)

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Need a new pair of shoes and wallet.
    Bought a new wallet.

..soo...looks like i need to orchestrate some sort of group get-together...
    I like me.

Yeah that sounds more like it. It's crazy how ridiculous housing is here. I live around Boiling Crab...you already know that. =)
    oh san jose? heard theres a lot of gang violence there recently girl