Thread: Random Thoughts II

I went to see The Grandmaster today. I can't help but notice the use of both Canto and Mandarin. I guess Tony Leung's Mandarin is accented, so they let him speak in Cantonese. BTW, does any one know why Tony chooses to focus on films more than TV serials? I really haven't seen him in any tv serial after the 80s. It seemed the only Tiger that remained acting in TV serials was Felix.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    BTW, does any one know why Tony chooses to focus on films more than TV serials? I really haven't seen him in any tv serial after the 80s. It seemed the only Tiger that remained acting in TV serials was Felix.
    The answer is pretty obvious. Movie stars make way more than TV Serial stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    The answer is pretty obvious. Movie stars make way more than TV Serial stars.
    That may be true, but I rather want to know Tony's reason not yours.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I've spent much of my life fighting outnumbered, so I've gotten good at it.

The Wuxia Fic forum is getting the most traffic it's had in years
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Bz recently.

CHANGE!

Switch on!

1! 2! 3!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.henshinonline.com/images/kikaida_dvd_002.jpg')

Why are people so immature at work? I understand immaturity when you are in high school but when you are married with two kids and in your mid 30's, is it that hard to remain professional and objective at work? Not telling anyone you are not coming in to work as a revenge tactic is quite childish and idiotic! Lucky I have my informants quite spread out in my field so I found out tonight instead of when I step into the workplace tomorrow morning! Meaningless waste of time! Grow up!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Why are people so immature at work? I understand immaturity when you are in high school but when you are married with two kids and in your mid 30's, is it that hard to remain professional and objective at work? Not telling anyone you are not coming in to work as a revenge tactic is quite childish and idiotic! Lucky I have my informants quite spread out in my field so I found out tonight instead of when I step into the workplace tomorrow morning! Meaningless waste of time! Grow up!
    Sometimes, it's an institutional problem rather than an individual one. I used to work as a contracts writer for a government public works department. Often, the tyrannical bosses (and I had ample opportunity to witness how corrupt government can be) practically forced employees into such a tactic for self-defense, so I kind of understand.

I complained and complained and then ended up getting what I wanted.

::blink:: blink::
    I like me.

WTF!!!!!! - dead or alive???????? and then they postponed eps 13 arrrgghhhhhh!!!!!!. I'm going to burn down SBS headquarters.

When we are hitting 5,000?

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    One of my staff always call in sick either on mondays or fridays, and sometimes on both. Even the big boss is thinking to give her the termination notice.
    You plant a garden and the flowers do not bloom, you poke a stick in the mud and it grows into a tree

Just rewatching LOCH 2008 now! It is a horrible deviation from the novel but really appreciate the fleshing out of some characters! Can't stop thinking about Yuan Hong! It's horrible! Must go and watch LOCH 83 against and start thing about Yeung Chak Lam (one of my first TV loves) Michael Miu (another of my fav TV loves)! =D

I think I must be biased to the character Yang Kang. I seem to like all the actors who have played him apart from Bruce Leung & Zhou Jie. And after like 20 years, I still have not found a more suitable actor play Ou Yang Feng (my first novel crush) than Yeung Chak Lum. Maybe my expectations are set too high. I must go and find some Yeung Chak Lum now!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by Ace High View Post
    One of my staff always call in sick either on mondays or fridays, and sometimes on both. Even the big boss is thinking to give her the termination notice.
    I hear you! That happens to me too!
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by rosely View Post
    WTF!!!!!! - dead or alive???????? and then they postponed eps 13 arrrgghhhhhh!!!!!!. I'm going to burn down SBS headquarters.
    Let me guess: Master's Sun?
    Last edited by Ace High; 09-22-13 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace High View Post
    Let me guess: Master's Sun?
    Haha yeah - you sir/miss win the internet today lol

These girls are soooo pitiful - Yin Li, Xiao Zhao, Zhao Zhiruo, Zhao Min, Tae Gong-Shil and Jo Hae-Woo.

I know right lol - just finish watching HSDS 2009, Shark and eps 15 of Master's Sun.

Quote Originally Posted by rosely View Post
    These girls are soooo pitiful - Yin Li, Xiao Zhao, Zhao Zhiruo, Zhao Min, Tae Gong-Shil and Jo Hae-Woo.

I know right lol - just finish watching HSDS 2009, Shark and eps 15 of Master's Sun.
    Taeyang was too traumatised. She could not accept the possibilty of leading a normal life anymore.
    You plant a garden and the flowers do not bloom, you poke a stick in the mud and it grows into a tree

Getting less bz now.