Thread: Random Thoughts II

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Eh, well...it could be worse. Seventy years ago, people had to deal with the Great Depression and World War II. This is nothing compared to that.
    I miss the life/society prior to Sept. 11, 2001. Life/society back then was so much better.

I'm craving for Pho....but I must resist!
    Sim neej aws...

Quote Originally Posted by skoo78 View Post
    I'm craving for Pho....but I must resist!
    Why not? Pho is yum! Love thin spring rolls as well! What is that dish with beef wrapped in leaves?
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Ignorant is a bliss.
    I agreed. That's why childhood is generally the best part of one's life.

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Why not? Pho is yum! Love thin spring rolls as well! What is that dish with beef wrapped in leaves?
    I'm on a strict carb diet for now. Beef wrapped in leaves....what type of Asian ethnic food is that? There's some that I know beef wrapped in leaves. If you can find a picture of it, somebody or I may know.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    I agreed. That's why childhood is generally the best part of one's life.
    True.
    Sim neej aws...

I'm on a strict carb diet for now. Beef wrapped in leaves....what type of Asian ethnic food is that? There's some that I know beef wrapped in leaves. If you can find a picture of it, somebody or I may know.
    Here it is! Ba La Lot! Beef grilled in lemon grass and then wrapped in betel leaves! Delicious! Easy to find but not all shops do it well!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://vietworldkitchen.com/.a/6a00d8341ef22f53ef0120a557484e970c-500wi')
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Here it is! Ba La Lot! Beef grilled in lemon grass and then wrapped in betel leaves! Delicious! Easy to find but not all shops do it well!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://vietworldkitchen.com/.a/6a00d8341ef22f53ef0120a557484e970c-500wi')
    that does not look too appealing lol

True.
    tell me ur diet, i might need to go on one soon
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

I have nightmares of Charbydis running after me like a loan shark asking me to reply to her email. Though I thought for sure I had replied, but now I must write a reply.....tomorrow morning.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    I have nightmares of Charbydis running after me like a loan shark asking me to reply to her email. Though I thought for sure I had replied, but now I must write a reply.....tomorrow morning.
    Interesting dream.

Do one know his/her future life after death? How's about previous life?

Interesting dream.

Do one know his/her future life after death? How's about previous life?
    I used to have this recurring dream where I was in a junkyard of some sort with short people rooting around. This was immediately followed by a flash of light, and then darkness. I don't remember if the flash of light was in the darkness or the darkness came after the flash of light but I couldn't breath after that like there was a heavy weight pressing down on my chest. Panic builds as I try to draw breath but can't before it reaches the point where I wake up. This happened enough times that I would recognize the scenario when it starts but still found myself unable to change things despite telling myself that "this time it will be different".

Also had another odd and vivid dream where I was in some sort of port town with a dusty dirt road and old weathered buildings. I'm playing with some kids, and then I decide to go home. Evidently home is located on the side of a bridge or overpass that looks out to the sea. I hop over the side of the road on the near side of the bridge and run down hill through broad leaf plants and maybe some scattered trees to an old house. Not sure why but I feel that this is my house, and that my family is there.

Now it's possible I'm just remembering something from a TV show or movie but I can't place it.
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    You: I survive somehow
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR

Quote Originally Posted by darkcser View Post
    I used to have this recurring dream where I was in a junkyard of some sort with short people rooting around. This was immediately followed by a flash of light, and then darkness. I don't remember if the flash of light was in the darkness or the darkness came after the flash of light but I couldn't breath after that like there was a heavy weight pressing down on my chest. Panic builds as I try to draw breath but can't before it reaches the point where I wake up. This happened enough times that I would recognize the scenario when it starts but still found myself unable to change things despite telling myself that "this time it will be different".

Also had another odd and vivid dream where I was in some sort of port town with a dusty dirt road and old weathered buildings. I'm playing with some kids, and then I decide to go home. Evidently home is located on the side of a bridge or overpass that looks out to the sea. I hop over the side of the road on the near side of the bridge and run down hill through broad leaf plants and maybe some scattered trees to an old house. Not sure why but I feel that this is my house, and that my family is there.

Now it's possible I'm just remembering something from a TV show or movie but I can't place it.
    Interesting account.

When I am much younger, sometimes, I dreamt of new places. When I really went to new places, at times, I wondered whether these were reflected in my dreams before.

That looks yummy. Do you know how to make it?

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    that does not look too appealing lol

tell me ur diet, i might need to go on one soon
    I stop eating process food and eat organic food instead. I eat more vegies, good carbs (no more Asian white rice, but brown instead), and stop eating pork. No pop/soda and junkfood. But most important of all, I work out. Of course, there are days when I cheat and have my favorite subway sandwich.
    Sim neej aws...

I stop eating process food and eat organic food instead. I eat more vegies, good carbs (no more Asian white rice, but brown instead), and stop eating pork. No pop/soda and junkfood. But most important of all, I work out ...
    Clap clap.

Nothing is wasted in life. Just treat everything as a learning experience. Everything happens for a reason.

I stop eating process food and eat organic food instead. I eat more vegies, good carbs (no more Asian white rice, but brown instead), and stop eating pork. No pop/soda and junkfood. But most important of all, I work out. Of course, there are days when I cheat and have my favorite subway sandwich.
    Good for you! Organic food is way to go.
    I am into organic food too but I also eat non-organic. Overall, I am eating a lot healthier now than in the past. Yeah, the good thing is I am working out. I ran an my treadmill 2-5 times a week, an hour each time. My current goal is to bring my cholesterol back to normal level.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Good for you! Organic food is way to go.
    I am into organic food too but I also eat non-organic. Overall, I am eating a lot healthier now than in the past. Yeah, the good thing is I am working out. I ran an my treadmill 2-5 times a week, an hour each time. My current goal is to bring my cholesterol back to normal level.
    Clap clap.

Nothing is wasted in life. Just treat everything as a learning experience. Everything happens for a reason.
    Thanks guys. I'm working out 3-5 times a week for an hour or so mixed with cardio and weight lifting (I'm still a rookie on weight lifting though ). Hope to see progress.
    Sim neej aws...

Some people stomp all over easy targets and parade it as an achievement. I don't know if it's UNBELIEVABLE lack of self-awareness, UNBELIEVABLE shamelessness, or just plain trolling. Maybe it's all three.

Gosh, some young people have such annoying uncritical and simplistic lenses.
    I like me.

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    Gosh, some young people have such annoying uncritical and simplistic lenses.
    As do some older people. Age, surprisingly, isn't necessarily a very important factor.

Time to take out my scarves, gloves, coat, boots, and camera. Where I'm at, IT'S GOING TO SNOW TOMORROW. Now, I need to get snow tires for sure!
    Sim neej aws...

Imagine you are a 50 year old man being assessed by a 30 year old supervisor (who used to be your subordinate). How's the feeling?