Thread: Random Thoughts II

Anyone here feed birds? I have a bird feeder hanging on a tree in front of my house. I enjoy seeing bird eating food from my feeder. It's cheap to maintain as bird food costs only about $1 a day. I feel good knowing the birds are not hungry during the cold winter where food is hard to find.

What do you do about the squirrels?

When I was young I enjoyed watching a squirrel family living under the eves of the neighbor's house. They climbed a telephone to the third story, and then jumped onto the eves where they created a hole by chewing through the wood.

Now I don't appreciate them as much.
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    You: I survive somehow
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR

Squirrels share the food with the birds. I would say the birds eat about 2/3 of the food while the squirrels eat about 1/3. There are way more birds than squirrels but each squirrel eat way more than a bird. I think squirrels are cute. The birds are not afraid of the squirrels. Sometimes, they eat the food together at the same time. I don't know why some people are against the squirrels. They told me that I should hang the bird feeder properly so that the squirrels won't be able to eat the food. I told them squirrels are animal too and it's good to feed the squirrels as well. I make sure there is always food in the feeder. Both the birds and squirrels that eating food from the feeder are getting chubby. I guess they stay nearby as they know there are food for them. I guess they are the same ones that eating the food daily. I love how the squirrels climb the tree, jump from one branch to the other. They are like people in wuxia

In life, not everything can be measured in dollars and cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Squirrels share the food with the birds. I would say the birds eat about 2/3 of the food while the squirrels eat about 1/3. There are way more birds than squirrels but each squirrel eat way more than a bird. I think squirrels are cute. The birds are not afraid of the squirrels. Sometimes, they eat the food together at the same time. I don't know why some people are against the squirrels. They told me that I should hang the bird feeder properly so that the squirrels won't be able to eat the food. I told them squirrels are animal too and it's good to feed the squirrels as well. I make sure there is always food in the feeder. Both the birds and squirrels that eating food from the feeder are getting chubby. I guess they stay nearby as they know there are food for them. I guess they are the same ones that eating the food daily. I love how the squirrels climb the tree, jump from one branch to the other. They are like people in wuxia
    As fun as the tree rats with the bushy tails are to watch, they can do quite a bit of damage if left unchecked. I had squirrels chew through the cable from Comcast multiple times -don't know why it was so attractive to them. Later I finally switched to Fios. I guess the fiber optic cables aren't as tasty or maybe they're just better concealed.
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR

Got a fortune cookie yesterday from dining with friends. It said, "Fools use tomorrow, wise use today."

Also....TGIF
    Sim neej aws...

hmm, put on 2.4 kg in one month. Maybe it's the weighing machine.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    hmm, put on 2.4 kg in one month. Maybe it's the weighing machine.
    Probably it is, but then it may not also. You may gain muscle mass instead. I gained a pound from just this week!!! Sad...time to work extra hard from eating too darn good food this week. Back to disciplining my mind and body.
    Sim neej aws...

Please...it's been a relatively peaceful few years. DON'T force me to have to use THE WEAPONS again.

Quote Originally Posted by darkcser View Post
    As fun as the tree rats with the bushy tails are to watch, they can do quite a bit of damage if left unchecked. I had squirrels chew through the cable from Comcast multiple times -don't know why it was so attractive to them. Later I finally switched to Fios. I guess the fiber optic cables aren't as tasty or maybe they're just better concealed.
    Yeah, I love the bushy tail. So far they didn't do any damage to us yet . I enjoy feeding the animals during winter when food is hard to find.

A big winter storm is coming. Be safe east coast people.
    Sim neej aws...

Quote Originally Posted by skoo78 View Post
    A big winter storm is coming. Be safe east coast people.
    My office just announced that it will be closed tomorrow -which almost never happens.

It's been quite a while since we had 2 feet of snow. Maybe I'll make a cave in a snow bank tomorrow. Used to love to do that and place a tea light so it sinks into the wall, and light it up from within making the entire wall glow.

-KotOR

Never seen snow in my whole life.

Battle Cats crazed cat event stages start this February:

3rd of the month: The Crazed Cat
    6th of the month: The Crazed Tank
    9th of the month: The Crazed Axe
    12th of the month: The Crazed Gross
    15th of the month: The Crazed Cow
    18th of the month: The Crazed Bird
    21st of the month: The Crazed Fish
    24th of the month: The Crazed Lizard
    27th of the month: The Crazed Titan

don't bother to enter if you don't have true form yet!

Playing Dragon Age Inquisition and Aliens Isolation on the PS4. Yep, just got a new PS4 during the holidays.

Never seen snow in my whole life.
    It doesn't snow where your at? Don't you live above me (MN)?
    Sim neej aws...

Quote Originally Posted by skoo78 View Post
    It doesn't snow where your at? Don't you live above me (MN)?
    I am from Singapore. :-)

I am from Singapore. :-)
    Oh...lol...well then, that makes a huge difference. When it snow, it is beautiful. The only part I don't like is the cold, especially when the temperature hits the single digits and in the negatives. Over here in Minnesota, we haven't gotten any snow for a while now, but it is FREEZING cold. Now, I am looking forward to spring. I guess you can say i am tired of the cold. I can have enough of winter for a certain amount of months. Lol.
    Sim neej aws...

Went out for Karaoke with Ren Wo Xing and some other friends tonight. Found out Mister Ren here is a soprano. Impressive vocals.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.