Thread: Random Thoughts II

Quote Originally Posted by skoo78 View Post
    I worked overnight shift from 11pm - 7am, alone in a shelter. I saw the image of a person standing still in the kitchen from the security camera monitor for quite sometime. I didn't bother checking it out and instead, I clicked and zoomed it in. Then it disappeared. Though creeped out, I remained calmed and listened to music while talking to a friend.
    Will be ok.

I worked overnight shift from 11pm - 7am, alone in a shelter. I saw the image of a person standing still in the kitchen from the security camera monitor for quite sometime. I didn't bother checking it out and instead, I clicked and zoomed it in. Then it disappeared. Though creeped out, I remained calmed and listened to music while talking to a friend.
    my shift is 11pm-7am also =)

Some people are always happy and radiant. Need to be more like such people.

Quote Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
    Yeah, for a long time I didn't know who they were. People kept telling me that they were a Filipino band/group. I like their famous song Within You'll Remain
    I like this version the best: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgm78H-kst0
    Thanks. Interestingly, there is a Vietnamese version too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY_tnXOZsPM

Happy Vesak Day. Do Americans celebrate this day?

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Happy Vesak Day. Do Americans celebrate this day?
    Never heard of it.
    Sim neej aws...

Taken from Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vesak
    "Vesākha (Pali;Sanskrit: Vaiśākha, Devanagari: वैशाख,Sinhala:වෙසක්), Wesak or Vesak, also known as Buddha Purnima and Buddha Day, is a holiday observed traditionally by Buddhists on different days in Sri Lanka, Nepal, Tibet, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, and the South East Asian countries of Indonesia, Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia and Myanmar, and other places all over the world.[2][3][4] Sometimes informally called "Buddha's Birthday", it actually commemorates the birth, enlightenment (nirvāna), and death (Parinirvāna) of Gautama Buddha in the Theravada or southern tradition".

At age 50, let go you ego. Do what you can do.

At age 50, let go you ego. Do what you can do.
    I apologize if I intrude but are you 50?
    Sim neej aws...

I apologize if I intrude but are you 50?
    Yes, this year.

Just came back from visiting the dentist. Scaling [which I dislike] and polishing [which I like].

Just came back from visiting the dentist. Scaling [which I dislike] and polishing [which I like].
    Yikes! To scaling, that is. My dentist been calling me and I've been avoiding them. I'm not doing my teeth and gums any favor, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
    Yikes! To scaling, that is. My dentist been calling me and I've been avoiding them. I'm not doing my teeth and gums any favor, I suppose.
    They should invent something to replace scaling. e.g. gaggle? some liquid and all the impurities stuck to your teeth is removed.

I have a cleaning on Saturday, and since I have depth of 4-5 in several places, I'll probably have to have a deep cleaning. It'll give me a chance to practice breathing exercises for pain management...
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    You: I survive somehow
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR

Quote Originally Posted by darkcser View Post
    I have a cleaning on Saturday, and since I have depth of 4-5 in several places, I'll probably have to have a deep cleaning. It'll give me a chance to practice breathing exercises for pain management...
    Every time, I need to hold my breath a bit when the scaling goes "deeper".

Have anyone come across wondering how spcnet members really look like? It would be great to match their faces with their names, but then again, some people may know each other in the real world and want to be anonymous to protect their real identity.
    Sim neej aws...

Have anyone come across wondering how spcnet members really look like? It would be great to match their faces with their names, but then again, some people may know each other in the real world and want to be anonymous to protect their real identity.
    I am curious too. But you could either be surprised or be disappointed. I am neutral to the idea. However, I wonder if members have actually met each other in real life before? Can anyone share the experience?
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Flossing, then brushing then gargle with alcohol? But then again, there are studies which suggest that mouthwash can make one more susceptible to some cancers. I don't mind the scaling or polishing. It is the anaesthetic needle which I hate.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    I am curious too. But you could either be surprised or be disappointed. I am neutral to the idea. However, I wonder if members have actually met each other in real life before? Can anyone share the experience?
    I know right? I would love to meet the members here. I would love to meet you, Charybdis! would anybody care to share their photo as well? How about social media like fb? Anyone wants to be friends on FB?
    Sim neej aws...

I know right? I would love to meet the members here. I would love to meet you, Charybdis! would anybody care to share their photo as well? How about social media like fb? Anyone wants to be friends on FB?
    I don't have any accounts on social media but I'll be happy to meet up for coffee if you pop by Melbourne.
    Cyril Connolly