Thread: Random Thoughts II

Weather is getting hotter. Is there any country which the temperature ranges from 19-25oC throughout the year?

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    I don't have any accounts on social media but I'll be happy to meet up for coffee if you pop by Melbourne.
    I will put that in my bucket list whenever I visit Melbourne. If you come to the states, especially Minnesota, let me know too. I'll show you around.
    Sim neej aws...

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Weather is getting hotter. Is there any country which the temperature ranges from 19-25oC throughout the year?
    Tell me about the weather. I don't like it when it's HUMID. I avoid going outside then.
    Sim neej aws...

Father's day is coming up. My siblings and I haven't figure out what to do for our dad. Hmm..Fishing? Barbeque?
    Sim neej aws...

Quote Originally Posted by skoo78 View Post
    Father's day is coming up. My siblings and I haven't figure out what to do for our dad. Hmm..Fishing? Barbeque?
    Watch "Jurassic World" with the whole family!

(Whoops! Just read in the movies thread that you have watched it already! How about the new Terminator movie? How about scuba diving?)
    Last edited by charbydis; 06-18-15 at 05:33 AM.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

(Whoops! Just read in the movies thread that you have watched it already! How about the new Terminator movie? How about scuba diving?)
    SKOOBA diving.

Has anyone scuba dived in freshwater before? I've done it twice in the ocean but never in freshwater. My guess is that most places where you can swim are not very deep, and most deep places are not suitable for swimming or diving. There's a lake about an hour from me formed from an old rock quarry that looks like a good place to dive but swimming is not allowed there.

Quote Originally Posted by skoo78 View Post
    Tell me about the weather. I don't like it when it's HUMID. I avoid going outside then.
    Beijing weather is hot. HK is crazy - hot and humid. Yes, actually I dislike humidity too. On the other hand, I hate rain more. I dislike wet more than sweat.

Happy Father's Day
    Sim neej aws...

I feel like tofu!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

mhmmm tofu =)

prefer fried tofu. But not smelly sort.

Found a list of Tokyo Square songs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPuPMK0BKFg Never imagine they sing HK Grasshoppers song too.

At the Great Wall of China, I really cannot imagine they are constructed thousands of years ago. Today, yes with all the machines. But thousands of years ago, how??

At the Great Wall of China, I really cannot imagine they are constructed thousands of years ago. Today, yes with all the machines. But thousands of years ago, how??
    Slave labour. Lots of it. People got conscripted in in for it. Then the prisoners got allocated to the slave camps. As you stand on the magnificent structure and admire its beauty and brilliance, who really knows how many skeletons lies beneath.
    Cyril Connolly

aww so jealous I want to go... I heard some parts of it is close now because it is breaking down. Not sure if that is true. Now you can cross off on your list for one of the seven wonders of the world. So jealous ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Nan Ling View Post
    aww so jealous I want to go... I heard some parts of it is close now because it is breaking down. Not sure if that is true. Now you can cross off on your list for one of the seven wonders of the world. So jealous ^_^
    That means there are six more to go. :-)
    Beijing does have some interesting places. One is the Summer Palace - the places where the Qing royal family spent their summers. So huge. Another is the Forbidden City. I wonder whether it is the only tourist attraction where you do not pay on entrance but only in exit.

That means there are six more to go. :-)
    Beijing does have some interesting places. One is the Summer Palace - the places where the Qing royal family spent their summers. So huge. Another is the Forbidden City. I wonder whether it is the only tourist attraction where you do not pay on entrance but only in exit.
    How about the Hanging Temple on Hengshan? You have to pay to exit or you get stuck there!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://cristimoise.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/2648157050104181437s600x600q85.jpg')

https://cristimoise.files.wordpress....600x600q85.jpg
    Cyril Connolly

How about the Hanging Temple on Hengshan? You have to pay to exit or you get stuck there!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://cristimoise.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/2648157050104181437s600x600q85.jpg')

https://cristimoise.files.wordpress....600x600q85.jpg
    Thanks for sharing another interesting place. I wonder what happened if you claim that you do not have any money with you on exit. Off to police station? Though to be frank, I did not read/see any instruction on the payment mode in Forbidden City.

aww very pretty. Thanks for sharing the image.
    I'll be going to china in September =)