Thread: Random Thoughts II

Quote Originally Posted by skoo78 View Post
    Making quick decisions without thinking twice. This happens to me all of the time when under pressure. Urgh. SMH.
    Oh I see. Very normal in life. Bad decision is better than no decision.

Making quick decisions without thinking twice. This happens to me all of the time when under pressure. Urgh. SMH.
    I've done that before as well. But what is done is done. All you can focus on is what you can do to make the situation better.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Oh I see. Very normal in life. Bad decision is better than no decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    I've done that before as well. But what is done is done. All you can focus on is what you can do to make the situation better.
    True. Lesson learn.
    Sim neej aws...

Anyone same situation as me - getting paranoid of mosquitoes?

Anyone same situation as me - getting paranoid of mosquitoes?
    I see them as annoying little pests.
    Sim neej aws...

I see them as annoying little pests.
    Truthfully, I have never been plagued by mossie bites. They always seem to go for my sister or my mum or my friends. I occasionally get one or two. Maybe I just taste bad.
    Last edited by charbydis; 07-11-15 at 10:11 AM.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

I heard that mosquitoes usually go for those with type B blood. Not sure if that's true.

Quote Originally Posted by Nan Ling View Post
    I heard that mosquitoes usually go for those with type B blood. Not sure if that's true.
    I'm B+. I heard that if you eat bananas regularly, mossies will chase after you!
    Cyril Connolly

ahh do you get mosquito bites a lot when you travel?

I never heard of eating bananas and having mosquitos chase you... interesting....

When I was in the army, I always wonder how the mosquitoes could bite your feet though wearing army boots/socks. We call such mosquitoes "commando mosquitoes".

Heard an interesting conversation between a mother and her two daughters. Mother said, "Never marry a mummy's boy no matter how much he love you or how rich he is". Good advice?

Heard an interesting conversation between a mother and her two daughters. Mother said, "Never marry a mummy's boy no matter how much he love you or how rich he is". Good advice?
    Life can be horrid if a man is trapped between his mother and his wife. If a man cannot make decisions by himself, then of what use is he, regardless of wealth?
    Cyril Connolly

Will mummy's girl make good gf/wife?

I wonder how the mother thinks about bad boys? Mama boys is many thousand times better than bad/abusive boys.

Life can be horrid if a man is trapped between his mother and his wife. If a man cannot make decisions by himself, then of what use is he, regardless of wealth?
    Will mummy's girl make good gf/wife?
    While mama's boys and mummy's girls are not ideal, they are much much better than bad boys and bad girls. I would rather be with a sweet mummy's girl over a bad girl any day.

On the other hand, any man who can sell out his mother could just as easily sell out his wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    On the other hand, any man who can sell out his mother could just as easily sell out his wife.
    That's why you stay from both types and find other nicer ones.

And I view a mummy's boy is the type where he has to ask for his mum's permission before doing anything. This is different to men who respect their mother's input but form their decision from his own analysis.

Dependence and respect are different. In fact I despise men who abandon their mum's after marriage. I think a dependable man should he free to side with either mum or wife due to reason or logic, rather than blind filial piety or blind loyalty which will just aggravate the already thin relationship between the women.

1. Is it true that people are getting more materialistic compared to say before 2000? Inconclusive for myself. While income-wise i am fine having worked harder and saved more in earlier working life, I find that I am constantly hoping to earn more money.

2. Is t true that people are losing your temper more often compared to say before 2000? I may not be losing my temper more. But I also realize that there are more negative emotions inside me. In other words, I self-control more. Again this may be bad too.

That's why you stay from both types and find other nicer ones.

And I view a mummy's boy is the type where he has to ask for his mum's permission before doing anything. This is different to men who respect their mother's input but form their decision from his own analysis.

Dependence and respect are different. In fact I despise men who abandon their mum's after marriage. I think a dependable man should he free to side with either mum or wife due to reason or logic, rather than blind filial piety or blind loyalty which will just aggravate the already thin relationship between the women.
    Agree. If the guy cannot make any decisions for himself and have his mother makes decisions for him, I would stay away because I know I'm not valued. Basically, I don't want a guy who marries his mother. *Sigh*
    Sim neej aws...

I think I ate a horse.........
    Sim neej aws...

I think I ate a horse.........
    Considering your birth year, that would count as cannibalism, Skoo.

1. Is it true that people are getting more materialistic compared to say before 2000? Inconclusive for myself. While income-wise i am fine having worked harder and saved more in earlier working life, I find that I am constantly hoping to earn more money.

2. Is t true that people are losing your temper more often compared to say before 2000? I may not be losing my temper more. But I also realize that there are more negative emotions inside me. In other words, I self-control more. Again this may be bad too.
    Sound like ageing. Happens to me as well.
    Cyril Connolly