Thread: Random Thoughts II

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    Love beat a stable high paying job.
    Only if it is puppy love! I love puppies!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    Only if you have a sugar daddy (or mama depending on your preference)
    be my sugar mama

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Only if it is puppy love! I love puppies!

be my sugar mama
    Please love, I need my own sugar

Please love, I need my own sugar
    hhahahaha .
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

We hit 200 pages after 4 years.

Having a slight fever. I think I will try to sleep earlier tonight. 10-10.30pm.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    The Acer Service Centre has responded and noted that as my laptop is an old model, they no longer carry the specific laptop battery. Will need to source for other places to buy a replacement battery.
    oh no... maybe try amazon, tiger direct, or newegg? Hopefully you can find something but I guess like some of the ppl here say, if its too old, maybe you should replace it.

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    There are no laws for lunch except that if I work for a day, then I am entitles to at least 30 mins break. But the problem was that the reception kept on overbooking during my lunch break so I could not stop. It is like seeing 3 patients in a 15 slot for 9 hours straight. Incredibly tiring and draining.

But I am grateful that I have a stable job. I went home and sat on the sofa zoned out for about 90 mins before I realised I should have dinner. I microwaved some leftovers as I didn't feel like cooking.
    wow sounds tiring... poor u, hopefully u got to rest or catch up on sleep on your days off. Yes good to have a stable job. Hard to find a job in this economy. Lots of ppl to compete with...

Theres a book called "anyone you want me to be" since you guys are talking about serial killers. This guy learns how to use the internet back in the days and that's how he would find his victims online...

Quote Originally Posted by Nan Ling View Post
    wow sounds tiring... poor u, hopefully u got to rest or catch up on sleep on your days off. Yes good to have a stable job. Hard to find a job in this economy. Lots of ppl to compete with...
    That's interesting, last 2 years in particular, my company been hiring at a record pace.

That's interesting, last 2 years in particular, my company been hiring at a record pace.
    It's your company but overall it's not good. The cost of living is going up much faster than wage and good paying jobs are much harder to find.

Look like moving to Vancouver could be a right decision for me, I got many calls for math tutoring. I guess I will stuck on rent for a while as the cost of housing is way beyond my reach unless we have a big crash where price is going down by 50%.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    It's your company but overall it's not good. The cost of living is going up much faster than wage and good paying jobs are much harder to find.

Look like moving to Vancouver could be a right decision for me, I got many calls for math tutoring. I guess I will stuck on rent for a while as the cost of housing is way beyond my reach unless we have a big crash where price is going down by 50%.
    If ur a first time home buyer, u can down as little as 3%. I was able to purchase a house few years back that way

Quote Originally Posted by Nan Ling View Post

Theres a book called "anyone you want me to be" since you guys are talking about serial killers. This guy learns how to use the internet back in the days and that's how he would find his victims online...
    These kinds of things are fascinating to me.
    Sim neej aws...

Why would someone consider in getting married to someone he/she haven't met in peson?
    Sim neej aws...

Quote Originally Posted by skoo78 View Post
    Why would someone consider in getting married to someone he/she haven't met in peson?
    Desperate

If ur a first time home buyer, u can down as little as 3%. I was able to purchase a house few years back that way
    Here in Canada, the minimum is 5% down payment but then you have to buy CMHC insurance from the government. The problem is not the 5% down payment but the price of the house. It's crazy expensive here in Vancouver, BC. I would never buy anything at the current price, I rather live on rent. I do not want to make the same mistake like many Americans did in 2006 who bought houses at the peak. In most of Canada, with the exception of Alberta and Saskatchewan, you can't walk away from your mortgage when the market crashes. The lender can go after all your other assets including future earning. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recourse_debt

I would rather keep waiting until the market crashes like it did in the US in 2008. The good news is many many experts predict that day is coming and is not far away. I am looking for at least 40% off from the current price. Did you buy your house after the crash or before the crash? Time is on my side so I can wait as long as it takes. Buying a house is the biggest purchase of my life, I have to be very very careful. I do not want to rush in at the peak like many Americans did in 2006.

There is a reality show from A&E called "Married at First Sight". I didn't watch much of it. I watched like one or two episodes. The divorce rate is pretty high.

Still better than arranged marriages where he/she have never met the person period.

Maybe they feel they have a connection after talking to the person so long online and that they have a lot in common.

Still better than arranged marriages where he/she have never met the person period.
    I heard that it works out a lot better because you have a lifetime to learn about the other person. I'm not sure if that is really true.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Here in Canada, the minimum is 5% down payment but then you have to buy CMHC insurance from the government. The problem is not the 5% down payment but the price of the house. It's crazy expensive here in Vancouver, BC. I would never buy anything at the current price, I rather live on rent. I do not want to make the same mistake like many Americans did in 2006 who bought houses at the peak. In most of Canada, with the exception of Alberta and Saskatchewan, you can't walk away from your mortgage when the market crashes. The lender can go after all your other assets including future earning. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recourse_debt

I would rather keep waiting until the market crashes like it did in the US in 2008. The good news is many many experts predict that day is coming and is not far away. I am looking for at least 40% off from the current price. Did you buy your house after the crash or before the crash? Time is on my side so I can wait as long as it takes. Buying a house is the biggest purchase of my life, I have to be very very careful. I do not want to rush in at the peak like many Americans did in 2006.

There is a reality show from A&E called "Married at First Sight". I didn't watch much of it. I watched like one or two episodes. The divorce rate is pretty high.
    i bought about a year and a half ago but i do think in 2018 the market might crash, a lot of experts are saying that

since we are facebook friends, we met before