Thread: Random Thoughts II

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    If you laptop is old and money is not a problem then buy a new one. Macbook Pro is good.
    lol dont listen to tc, dont use macbook. get an ultrabook, dell/asus/hp make good ones

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    lol dont listen to tc, dont use macbook. get an ultrabook, dell/asus/hp make good ones
    Why don't you like Macbook? The quality is good and last for a long time.

Apple hardware is generally good, but the software that comes with it BLOWS CHUNKS.

Why don't you like Macbook? The quality is good and last for a long time.
    cuz u get sucked into their eco system and u cant do anything if u dont have an iphone, ipod, appletv, iwatch, etc.
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

cuz u get sucked into their eco system and u cant do anything if u dont have an iphone, ipod, appletv, iwatch, etc.
    And you have to keep buying all future appliances from their company as well. And it is hard to transfer files to other existing appliances that you have that work fine unless paired with an Apple product.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    And you have to keep buying all future appliances from their company as well. And it is hard to transfer files to other existing appliances that you have that work fine unless paired with an Apple product.
    Exactly, close minds think alike

OMG...this thread is HAWT...hot..

One thing I like about Mac is their graphic qualities. Other than that, I totally agree with LuNaR.

*In other news* Sad, I just found out an investigator that I know passed away from stomach cancer. *sigh*

ALSO, YIPPEE! 4 MORE DAYS, THEN I'M OFF TO FLORIDA!
    Sim neej aws...

Quote Originally Posted by skoo78 View Post
    OMG...this thread is HAWT...hot..

One thing I like about Mac is their graphic qualities. Other than that, I totally agree with LuNaR.

*In other news* Sad, I just found out an investigator that I know passed away from stomach cancer. *sigh*

ALSO, YIPPEE! 4 MORE DAYS, THEN I'M OFF TO FLORIDA!
    How old was he/she?

How old was he/she?
    in his 50s.
    Sim neej aws...

Exactly, close minds think alike
    Really? i thought it was because we are Siamese twins!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

in his 50s.
    It's sad that people can pass away at such age given how advance our science and technology are. I guess we live in a material world where profit and money is more important than life. Given how large our farmland is, if we only produce and consume organic product, we would not have so much sickness/disease that we currently have. I guess if we spend more money on organic food then we will have less money for other luxuries such as big houses, luxury cars, vacations, new iPhone, etc.

Looks like it's a sad day. My friend just lost her baby at 37 wks...I don't even know what to say to her.

Sometimes, life just happens

Laptop-wise, I have used HP (lasted 2 years), Toshiba (4 years) and now Acer (>5 years). Hmm, ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    Looks like it's a sad day. My friend just lost her baby at 37 wks...I don't even know what to say to her.

If she wants to talk about it, let her talk. If not, just hug her. But if she wants to be alone, then let her be. But keep checking in her in case of depression.
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post

Yeah, my friend lost hers at 8 months and I went to the funeral too. Very emotional that day. Just be supportive for your friend. She will need that.
    Sim neej aws...

It's sad that people can pass away at such age given how advance our science and technology are. I guess we live in a material world where profit and money is more important than life. Given how large our farmland is, if we only produce and consume organic product, we would not have so much sickness/disease that we currently have. I guess if we spend more money on organic food then we will have less money for other luxuries such as big houses, luxury cars, vacations, new iPhone, etc.
    yeah, that too and those who meet unfortunate fate, i.e. being murdered, suicide, accidents, etc..
    Last edited by skoo78; 08-04-15 at 03:19 PM.
    Sim neej aws...

Work is slow and I love it. I'm enjoying it while it last.
    Sim neej aws...

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Apple hardware is generally good, but the software that comes with it BLOWS CHUNKS.
    I second that. My iPod is now malfunctioning when importing songs from iTunes. I'm unable to transfer new songs so now I rely solely on my Samsung Note 4 as my mp3 player.

I've been a PC user since day one but a couple of years back I bought an iMac to do some iPhone programming after I received an iPod touch as a gift. At first glance the iMac looked pretty slick but the keyboard and mouse drove me nuts. Coding in Objective C using Xcode also had me cursing left and right. Eventually I was able to build and deploy on to my iPod but I was so annoyed by the experience that I've never touched it since.

My everyday machine at home is 7 years old and still running XP. I use it mainly to browse the web. It has a spotty hard drive that sometimes has a stuck head so I have to hit it. It also stopped booting yesterday until I swapped out the cmos battery. I have another machine with a newly upgrade grx790

Arrg. Posted again by accident on the iPhone while trying to edit. Meant GTX970 for doing real work, gaming or maybe long emails. Everything else I do on my iPhone or Kindle.