Thread: Random Thoughts II

Quote Originally Posted by Nan Ling View Post
    listening to music from your past helps too =)
    In improving memory? or ageing gracefully? possibly both.

I think both, I remember in class, we saw a video, people were very happy when they listen to music of their time...

hope everyone have a nice day.... very busy day today.......

I think both, I remember in class, we saw a video, people were very happy when they listen to music of their time...

hope everyone have a nice day.... very busy day today.......
    good to be busy. Not very good to be very busy. I think I want to sleep earlier tonight, say 10.30 pm.

http://www.weather.com/news/news/can...r-snow-alberta

Summer Snow Blankets Mountains of Alberta, Northwest Montana In August

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CM-_k6tUEAAE4PW.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://dsx.weather.com//util/image/w/9c5f7479-af52-4e34-a669-3a05948a7c18.jpg?v=at&w=980&h=551&api=7db9fe61-7414-47b5-9871-e17d87b8b6a0')

Finally finished 236 chapters of DLDL after about a week or two. About to drop dead from overload since I've been listening to it almost nonstop. Guess I'm pretty obsessive at times. The iPhone text to speech Mandarin Chinese voice is amazing or at least it fits DLDL really well. I feel kind of empty now much like whenever I finish a long story... But I don't think I can survive another xian xia epic...元气大伤...

Managed to sleep only at 1.30 am.

I went to bed at 12am but ended up nodding off at 3am.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    I went to bed at 12am but ended up nodding off at 3am.
    Same for me too yesterday. Have only been able to sleep at 1.30am-2am for the last few days despite going to bed at around 11.30 pm.
    Possibly due to the persistent cough I am having now. Why is it that I cough more while lying down instead of standing?

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Same for me too yesterday. Have only been able to sleep at 1.30am-2am for the last few days despite going to bed at around 11.30 pm.
    Possibly due to the persistent cough I am having now. Why is it that I cough more while lying down instead of standing?
    Poor thing! Have you tried some honey and lemon before sleeping? I find that it soothes the throat a lot.

Don't lie down flat on your back. I sometimes sleep slightly slanted with a pillow behind my back or sleep on my side. Are you having a wet cough or a dry cough? If wet cough, then fluid will cover more of your lung if you lie flat and it can be irritating. If you stand up or lie slanted, then the fluid will sink to the bottom of your lungs due to gravity.

I am just getting restless at night. I am not stressed or upset, but just can't seem to get to sleep like before. Is it because I am getting older?
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Poor thing! Have you tried some honey and lemon before sleeping? I find that it soothes the throat a lot.

Don't lie down flat on your back. I sometimes sleep slightly slanted with a pillow behind my back or sleep on my side. Are you having a wet cough or a dry cough? If wet cough, then fluid will cover more of your lung if you lie flat and it can be irritating. If you stand up or lie slanted, then the fluid will sink to the bottom of your lungs due to gravity.

I am just getting restless at night. I am not stressed or upset, but just can't seem to get to sleep like before. Is it because I am getting older?
    Thanks for the advice. I think I am having a wet cough now because there is phlegm Yes, the last point is occurring to me too. Usually when such things happen, I wake up and read some Internet news for about 30 mins. Then I go back to sleep. It is 11.30 pm now. I think I shall try to sleep now though my mind is still very active now. Good night and Take care.

Thanks for the advice. I think I am having a wet cough now because there is phlegm Yes, the last point is occurring to me too. Usually when such things happen, I wake up and read some Internet news for about 30 mins. Then I go back to sleep. It is 11.30 pm now. I think I shall try to sleep now though my mind is still very active now. Good night and Take care.

Ok. Sleep tight.
    Cyril Connolly

That's me. I can't sleep or I wake up earlier than usual.
    Sim neej aws...

Bummed that I'm not going to the shooting range today. It would've been my first time firing a gun. Oh well, next time..
    Sim neej aws...

hope you are feeling better now and well rested =)

hope you are feeling better now and well rested =)
    Thanks.
    Indeed yes. I was able to sleep soundly from 12 midnight to 7 this morning.

Possum and cat had a fight outside my bedroom window last night. Slept at 3am.
    Last edited by charbydis; 08-31-15 at 10:43 AM.
    Cyril Connolly

Should have stopped it.
    I did! I tried knocking on the window but they kept coming back. BTW, a tree is next to my window and they were fighting in the tree. I think it is mating season or something. They are getting really agro.
    Cyril Connolly

Possum and cat had a fight outside my bedroom window last night. Slept at 3am. :crying;
    Should have stopped it.

OK. How did my response to your post get above yours?
    Cyril Connolly

OK. How did my response to your post get above yours?
    SC has been driving this around lately:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/underwire/2010/10/back-tofuture-delorean-660.jpg')