Thread: Random Thoughts II

Random thought: Have been buying more jewellery lately. Must be having early onset mid-life crisis.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Random thought: Your life is more or less determined in life.

Feeling sad but no one to tell to.

Last edited by Trien Chieu; 03-09-16 at 02:54 AM.

Random thought: One should always help the weak, poor, sick or anyone who need help?

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Feeling sad but no one to tell to.
    What's up?
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    What's up?
    Some family squabble. Maybe that's life. Thanks for the concern. Appreciated.

Random thought: One should always help the weak, poor, sick or anyone who need help?
    Yeah, it's the job the government. Government collects taxes and provides services to help them. It's important not to just give the fish, but teach them how to fish.

Some family squabble. Maybe that's life. Thanks for the concern. Appreciated.
    Ah! I have that too! I am mostly non-reactive to screaming from an unreasonable person. I usually let them yell, then leave the room and the come back when they are in the mood to talk and reason. Most people tire out really quickly when the other person does not scream back.

Don't worry. It will get better.
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Yeah, it's the job the government. Government collects taxes and provides services to help them. It's important not to just give the fish, but teach them how to fish.
    It's good to provide help to ppl but its also sad if ppl abuse it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nan Ling View Post
    It's good to provide help to ppl but its also sad if ppl abuse it.
    Government should not give them cash. Government should provide program to help them back on track.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Government should not give them cash. Government should provide program to help them back on track.
    Easier said than done. If the person is single and healthy, that's fine. More often than not, the person is old, weak, sick with family burdens.

Itchy eyes, itchy throat, and running nose....allergy season is here...
    Sim neej aws...

Why date the person when you dont even like him/her in the first place? Just because the person isn't physically attractive and that he/she likes you a lot, you feel bad so you give him/her a chance?!

Makes me think, are there REALLY any DECENT PEOPLE in this world?

All I see and hear are people only wanting sex and no relationship at all. The person would lead the other person on just to have sex and then drop him/her like nothing or not even claiming THAT person as his/her bf/gf due to fear of being ridicule/be seen by others JUST because of his/her physical flaws. REALLY?
    Last edited by skoo78; 03-14-16 at 01:12 PM.
    Sim neej aws...

Quote Originally Posted by skoo78 View Post
    Itchy eyes, itchy throat, and running nose....allergy season is here...
    Want some zyrtec?
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by skoo78 View Post
    Why date the person when you dont even like him/her in the first place? Just because the person isn't physically attractive and that he/she likes you a lot, you feel bad so you give him/her a chance?!

Makes me think, are there REALLY any DECENT PEOPLE in this world?

All I see and hear are people only wanting sex and no relationship at all. The person would lead the other person on just to have sex and then drop him/her like nothing or not even claiming THAT person as his/her bf/gf due to fear of being ridicule/be seen by others JUST because of his/her physical flaws. REALLY?
    I think some people are just afraid of being alone. I know two people who dated because everyone else in the group had a partner. They lasted for a few years then broke up eventually as they could no longer stand each other. Then there are the people who want to feel wanted yet be scared of being hurt by diving deep in a serious relationship. So they think that a physical satisfaction is better than gambling emotions in a committed relationship. It is sad.
    Cyril Connolly

Relationship is always strange. I knew of a case whereby the girl and guy actually do not like each other. The latter is interested in the former's best friend. The girl, being pretty and rich, simply does not understand why the normal guy does not like her. And yet, she is so persistent in insisting that the guy goes on dates with her.

Relationship is always strange. I knew of a case whereby the girl and guy actually do not like each other. The latter is interested in the former's best friend. The girl, being pretty and rich, simply does not understand why the normal guy does not like her. And yet, she is so persistent in insisting that the guy goes on dates with her.
    It's strange indeed.
    Sim neej aws...

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    I think some people are just afraid of being alone. I know two people who dated because everyone else in the group had a partner. They lasted for a few years then broke up eventually as they could no longer stand each other. Then there are the people who want to feel wanted yet be scared of being hurt by diving deep in a serious relationship. So they think that a physical satisfaction is better than gambling emotions in a committed relationship. It is sad.
    I agree. Nowadays, I see people rather have sex with multiple partners or one night stands rather than being in a relationship.
    Sim neej aws...

Fiction: Bad guys ALWAYS punished in the end.

Reality: Bad guys SOMETIMES punished in the end, but too often, never are.