Thread: Random Thoughts II

Something fishy though it came from a reputable company: How can I win a contest which I did not take part??

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Something fishy though it came from a reputable company: How can I win a contest which I did not take part??
    What did you win?
    Sim neej aws...

Quote Originally Posted by skoo78 View Post
    What did you win?
    A $20 supermarket voucher. But I need to collect it personally.

Random question: I read from newspaper that once you are on subway train track in the open, you cannot hear clearly (not even the sound of an incoming train). Why is it so? Strong winds?

Random question: I read from newspaper that once you are on subway train track in the open, you cannot hear clearly (not even the sound of an incoming train). Why is it so? Strong winds?
    Might have something to do with winds cancelling out sound of train with an exact opposite frequency wavelength or something like that. That is by trains have horns to use in emergency as it operates at a much high frequency which the environment is unlikely to produce something similar to neutralize.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

A $20 supermarket voucher. But I need to collect it personally.
    But what if you show up and they mug you?
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    But what if you show up and they mug you?
    So, in the end, I decide not to pick up the voucher.

Speaking of scam or getting mug, I was actually reading about how people got scam and some people almost got kidnap. One girl said she didn't know the person she was house sitting for was actually a child predator. Kind of scary. I guess if something sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

So, in the end, I decide not to pick up the voucher.
    That's good. You never know if it's a scam.
    Sim neej aws...

Quote Originally Posted by Nan Ling View Post
    Speaking of scam or getting mug, I was actually reading about how people got scam and some people almost got kidnap. One girl said she didn't know the person she was house sitting for was actually a child predator. Kind of scary. I guess if something sounds too good to be true, it usually is.
    Wow. That is crazy! I saw a youtube social media project where kids-teens are easily influenced in meeting strangers at an unknown place. What these kids do not know is that the person they meet is him (the creator of the project) along with the kids' parents. Of course, the kids got scolded by their parents but it does show that anybody can get kidnapped, raped, or even kill by whom they thought they were going to meet online. Kinda scary.
    Sim neej aws...

Quote Originally Posted by skoo78 View Post
    Wow. That is crazy! I saw a youtube social media project where kids-teens are easily influenced in meeting strangers at an unknown place. What these kids do not know is that the person they meet is him (the creator of the project) along with the kids' parents. Of course, the kids got scolded by their parents but it does show that anybody can get kidnapped, raped, or even kill by whom they thought they were going to meet online. Kinda scary.
    Which goes to show that people are actually more gullible and dumber than they think. It is scary.
    Cyril Connolly

Random thought: We will get older, weaker and more sick. That's human nature.

Wow! Google not working for me! Is it just me or everyone else as well? yahoo and bing are fine.
    Cyril Connolly

Random thought: Stupid and selfish reason to get married - Shift out of the "dirty" house and no need to physically take care of the old folks of the family.

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Wow! Google not working for me! Is it just me or everyone else as well? yahoo and bing are fine.
    Google is fine over at my side.

google is fine over here...

That is a very sad and selfish reason to get married just to live in a different environment.

A relative of mine forged my dad’s signature to get sand mining permit and got busted. He’s looking at 14 years of jail time for fraud. He begged us not to press charges and to remember we’re relatives, his wife is sick and he got small kids.
    You plant a garden and the flowers do not bloom, you poke a stick in the mud and it grows into a tree

Quote Originally Posted by Ace High View Post
    A relative of mine forged my dad’s signature to get sand mining permit and got busted. He’s looking at 14 years of jail time for fraud. He begged us not to press charges and to remember we’re relatives, his wife is sick and he got small kids.
    Wow. Tough decision.

Stomach is churning. Diarrhea this morning. But no diarrhea now. But feeling uncomfortable.

Wow. Tough decision.
    We’ve decided not to drop the charges. We already put up with his antics for almost 20 years. Last year we got into a big quarrel because he tried to mine the sand without proper permit from the authorities. At that time, he keeps on insisting the papers already completed. Furthermore, a few days before we acted, he boasted to everyone that he already received the permit and we can’t do anything to stop the mining.
    You plant a garden and the flowers do not bloom, you poke a stick in the mud and it grows into a tree