Thread: Random Thoughts II

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Stomach is churning. Diarrhea this morning. But no diarrhea now. But feeling uncomfortable.
    I know how you feel. I'm very gassy.. sorry for the TMI. I think it's something I ate. Not only that, I have a sore throat and I wake up coughing like crazy! I can't have a decent sleep at all.
    Sim neej aws...

Quote Originally Posted by Nan Ling View Post
    google is fine over here...

That is a very sad and selfish reason to get married just to live in a different environment.
    Some people only wanted to get marry to get away from the poor environment or/and corrupted government.
    Sim neej aws...

Stomach is churning. Diarrhea this morning. But no diarrhea now. But feeling uncomfortable.
    Hmmm. Try and drink something fizzy. I think that helps me.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by Ace High View Post
    We’ve decided not to drop the charges. We already put up with his antics for almost 20 years. Last year we got into a big quarrel because he tried to mine the sand without proper permit from the authorities. At that time, he keeps on insisting the papers already completed. Furthermore, a few days before we acted, he boasted to everyone that he already received the permit and we can’t do anything to stop the mining.
    Hi Ace. It must have been a hard decision for your family to make. I had a similar experience in my family where one of my uncles kept on accumulating loan shark debts and stealing repeatedly from his company to support his habits. The boss actually caught him more than once but did not press charges as he had been with the company for a long time. But he got away easy each time and it was just once too many for the boss so he called the cops. My whole family got into a great dilemma in whether to compensate the boss so he would drop the charges but after a lot of tears and yelling, we decided he hard to learn his lesson and take responsibility for his own decisions. My uncle was jailed for a short period of time and now earns honest money in construction.

I believe that some people need to first fall in order to learn how to pick themselves up. They just cannot appreciate what they have and take things for granted, expected more and more tolerance towards them. Sometimes they need a reality check to see what a big hole they have dug themselves into. At first, they may blame you for not saving them but one day, they will see that what you did was the right thing.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Hmmm. Try and drink something fizzy. I think that helps me.
    Isotonic drinks?

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Hi Ace. It must have been a hard decision for your family to make. I had a similar experience in my family where one of my uncles kept on accumulating loan shark debts and stealing repeatedly from his company to support his habits. The boss actually caught him more than once but did not press charges as he had been with the company for a long time. But he got away easy each time and it was just once too many for the boss so he called the cops. My whole family got into a great dilemma in whether to compensate the boss so he would drop the charges but after a lot of tears and yelling, we decided he hard to learn his lesson and take responsibility for his own decisions. My uncle was jailed for a short period of time and now earns honest money in construction.

I believe that some people need to first fall in order to learn how to pick themselves up. They just cannot appreciate what they have and take things for granted, expected more and more tolerance towards them. Sometimes they need a reality check to see what a big hole they have dug themselves into. At first, they may blame you for not saving them but one day, they will see that what you did was the right thing.
    Yes, it’s a very though decision to make, especially considering his sick wife and children. But we steeled our hearts and went for the kill because just like your uncle’s boss, we finally had enough of him. After numerous chances we gave him, he still chose this path.

After the path is exhausted, and he arrived at the end of the road, he literally kowtowed to me, asking me to open the net on one side, to remember we are family. But we have decided to place righteousness before family.

You plant a garden and the flowers do not bloom, you poke a stick in the mud and it grows into a tree

Isotonic drinks?
    Some recommend Isotonic drinks. Some say tea + honey works, although I never try it.
    You plant a garden and the flowers do not bloom, you poke a stick in the mud and it grows into a tree

Any best detox drinks that you recommend?
    Sim neej aws...

Some recommend Isotonic drinks. Some say tea + honey works, although I never try it.
    Hot tea + honey is good but you don't want to drink too much of it. I would say drink 2 or 3 cups of hot tea + honey per day and lot of hot water in between.

I read hot tea helps with blood sugar and lemon with warm water helps to detox liver.

Quote Originally Posted by skoo78 View Post
    Any best detox drinks that you recommend?
    I have a couple of favourites.

Lychee Tea

You’ll get a fragrant and tasty tea, with lots of health benefits. Lychee is loaded with vitamin C, providing 119% of the recommended daily value in one serving. This further protects against colds and other infections, helps the body develop resistance, and fights inflammation. Other nutritive ingredients in lychee include high levels of B vitamins, such as vitamin B6, as well as potassium (which helps help control heart rate and blood pressure and stave off strokes and heart disease), thiamin, niacin, folate, and copper (which produces red blood cells, maintains healthy bones, prevents thyroid problems, and anemia). All these are vital for maintaining carbohydrate, protein, and fat metabolization.

Honey + Lemon + Warm Water

Warm water with lemon and honey, when had in the morning, stimulates the digestive system, helps produce intestinal mucus, hydrates the colon and infuses water into dried stool — a common reason for constipation. part from cleansing your stomach, the lemon juice present in the mixture, goes a long way in helping you lose weight. Packed with a type of fibre called pectin, lemon helps you feel full and keep cravings at bay. The warm water, honey and lemon also creates a more alkaline atmosphere in your stomach, helping you lose weight faster. Honey is a very potent antibacterial agent, that has the capability to beat a number of common infections. When mixed with lemon and water – two agents that act as excellent diuretics (agents that flush out water from your body) – this concoction is the best way to cleanse your urinary tract. For women who suffer from frequent UTI (urinary tract infection), this is a boon and is known to keep recurrent infections at bay.

Donald Trump is the Republican nominee for president. Does he stand a chance against Hillary Clinton in November general election?

I have a couple of favourites.

Lychee Tea

You’ll get a fragrant and tasty tea, with lots of health benefits. Lychee is loaded with vitamin C, providing 119% of the recommended daily value in one serving. This further protects against colds and other infections, helps the body develop resistance, and fights inflammation. Other nutritive ingredients in lychee include high levels of B vitamins, such as vitamin B6, as well as potassium (which helps help control heart rate and blood pressure and stave off strokes and heart disease), thiamin, niacin, folate, and copper (which produces red blood cells, maintains healthy bones, prevents thyroid problems, and anemia). All these are vital for maintaining carbohydrate, protein, and fat metabolization.

Honey + Lemon + Warm Water

Warm water with lemon and honey, when had in the morning, stimulates the digestive system, helps produce intestinal mucus, hydrates the colon and infuses water into dried stool — a common reason for constipation. part from cleansing your stomach, the lemon juice present in the mixture, goes a long way in helping you lose weight. Packed with a type of fibre called pectin, lemon helps you feel full and keep cravings at bay. The warm water, honey and lemon also creates a more alkaline atmosphere in your stomach, helping you lose weight faster. Honey is a very potent antibacterial agent, that has the capability to beat a number of common infections. When mixed with lemon and water – two agents that act as excellent diuretics (agents that flush out water from your body) – this concoction is the best way to cleanse your urinary tract. For women who suffer from frequent UTI (urinary tract infection), this is a boon and is known to keep recurrent infections at bay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nan Ling View Post
    I read hot tea helps with blood sugar and lemon with warm water helps to detox liver.

Thanks. I'll try these recommendations.
    Sim neej aws...

Why do women like to fight over a guy who is known to be a womanizer?
    Sim neej aws...

To show that she is the winner among all the women. Where men is concerned, women are very competitive within her own gender. From my observations, each woman is likely to have three men a week for different dates. Guys prefer to date a single woman at a time.
    Last edited by wkeej; 05-04-16 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Donald Trump is the Republican nominee for president. Does he stand a chance against Hillary Clinton in November general election?
    Unlikely. Had an interesting discussion with a friend yesterday. He said something quite logical - what donald trump said now is one thing, what really happened if he really become President can be a totally different thing.

I guess there are some women who love to fight. Personally, I would never fight over a female player no matter how beautiful she is.

To show that she is the winner among all the women. Where men is concerned, women are very competitive within her own gender. From my observations, each woman is likely to have three men a week for different dates. Guys prefer to date a single woman at a time.
    Dating 3 men a week? wow, are you kidding?

Unlikely. Had an interesting discussion with a friend yesterday. He said something quite logical - what donald trump said now is one thing, what really happened if he really become President can be a totally different thing.
    Donald Trump is not a typical politician. However, he himself is very intelligent. When he started the campaign, hardly anyone at the time would think he had a chance to win but he did. He must have some ways against the Clinton during the general election. It won't be pretty. In the general election, I believe it will be more competitive than most people currently think. However, I agree with you that what Donald Trump said now and what will happen if he becomes President is another thing. Obama promised to closed Guantanamo Bay when he campaigned for his first election, it's still open to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Dating 3 men a week? wow, are you kidding?
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...-men-time.html
    Not able to find the one from Singapore.

My laptop battery nowadays only last about 1+ hr. I bought it last year. Could it be due to my aging laptop (5-6 years)?

My laptop battery nowadays only last about 1+ hr. I bought it last year. Could it be due to my aging laptop (5-6 years)?
    It could very be. What is the brand of your laptop? If you have APPLE, it would not be a problem. My MacBook 2010 is still working good and the battery still last very long. Perhaps it's time for your to get a new laptop . I think the best one out there would be MacBook Pro 2016. It will last you a very long time. It's still not out yet, you need to wait for few more months if that is what you wanted. Yeah, it won't be cheap but I guess you pay for what you get.
    Last edited by Trien Chieu; 05-06-16 at 05:03 PM.