Thread: Random Thoughts II

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    It could very be. What is the brand of your laptop? If you have APPLE, it would not be a problem. My MacBook 2010 is still working good and the battery still last very long. Perhaps it's time for your to get a new laptop . I think the best one out there would be MacBook Pro 2016. It will last you a very long time. It's still not out yet, you need to wait for few more months if that is what you wanted. Yeah, it won't be cheap but I guess you pay for what you get.
    Thanks for the advice.

The problem with trying to find someone special or trying to find love is, you end up doing one of three things; you end up looking for it in the wrong person, you end up looking for it in the wrong places or you end up looking for it at the wrong time. Sometimes it's better to wait on love than it is to rush on lust. Sometimes it's just easier letting love find you while you are out living the rest of your life. I think a lot of people feel like if they are not out here consciously looking for it, they are lowering their chances of having someone meaningful in their life one day. Love will find you when it is meant to happen in your life. Stop running yourself crazy thinking that you have to do something extra to change your chances with love. Live your life. Enjoy your family. Enjoy your friends. Be a blessing to someone who could really use an unexpected smile in their life. The more love you spread in the other areas of your life, the better you will feel as you patiently wait for that one special person.

- IG@woodtheinspiration
    Sim neej aws...

Quote Originally Posted by skoo78 View Post
    The problem with trying to find someone special or trying to find love is, you end up doing one of three things; you end up looking for it in the wrong person, you end up looking for it in the wrong places or you end up looking for it at the wrong time. Sometimes it's better to wait on love than it is to rush on lust. Sometimes it's just easier letting love find you while you are out living the rest of your life. I think a lot of people feel like if they are not out here consciously looking for it, they are lowering their chances of having someone meaningful in their life one day. Love will find you when it is meant to happen in your life. Stop running yourself crazy thinking that you have to do something extra to change your chances with love. Live your life. Enjoy your family. Enjoy your friends. Be a blessing to someone who could really use an unexpected smile in their life. The more love you spread in the other areas of your life, the better you will feel as you patiently wait for that one special person.

- IG@woodtheinspiration
    Nice quotation.
    What it is yours will be yours
    What not yours will never be yours.

Quote Originally Posted by skoo78 View Post

- IG@woodtheinspiration
    Thanks.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

If you could choose to never have been born, would you?

My answer would be YES. It's not the case that my life is that bad but life itself is not that great. Birth, aging, sickness and death are part of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    If you could choose to never have been born, would you?

My answer would be YES. It's not the case that my life is that bad but life itself is not that great. Birth, aging, sickness and death are part of life.
    Off-hand, same for me too.

My weight increased 4kg from February to May. Althought my BMI is still normal, its now edging closer to overweight. Last time my trousers size changed was almost 15 years ago and now I jumped two sized already.
    You plant a garden and the flowers do not bloom, you poke a stick in the mud and it grows into a tree

Quote Originally Posted by Ace High View Post
    My weight increased 4kg from February to May. Althought my BMI is still normal, its now edging closer to overweight. Last time my trousers size changed was almost 15 years ago and now I jumped two sized already.
    4kg is fine. Diet and exercise will help to reduce weight.

Random thought: She is a highly successful career woman (earning about S$200k per year). Her son is turning 15 years next year and she wanted him to work part-time during the weekend. Her reason is to make him independent. Currently, her son is not very academically bright though like his father, he is quite good in piano. Is it a good idea?

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    4kg is fine. Diet and exercise will help to reduce weight.
    But my blood sugar level also increased to 9.8 mmol/L. Although I did ate 30 minutes before the test (entirely my fault, I ate two bungkus of nasi lemak because I was starving since the night before). Usually my readings were around 3.5–5.5 mmol/L.

But yeah, I really need to watch my diet and exercise.
    You plant a garden and the flowers do not bloom, you poke a stick in the mud and it grows into a tree

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Random thought: She is a highly successful career woman (earning about S$200k per year). Her son is turning 15 years next year and she wanted him to work part-time during the weekend. Her reason is to make him independent. Currently, her son is not very academically bright though like his father, he is quite good in piano. Is it a good idea?
    It can be a double edged sword.

As long as the part-time is just a part-time, why not? Maybe he will realised what he actually want to do with his life. But maybe he will mix with the wrong guys and go downhill.

I have friends who did part-time to support their studies but get too engrossed with it and chose to work and drop out from the university.

I also have friends who did part-time while studying and became more independent in life.

o shit i found gold

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...&content=music

lmao been almost 10 years

who sang BGMFNO1 - Si Lu ?!?!
    Last edited by LuNaR; 05-23-16 at 01:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    o shit i found gold

Which one is you?
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Which one is you?
    The 2 bad sounding one...

The 2 bad sounding one...
    Wait. Are you a guy or a girl?
    Cyril Connolly

Hey, who won in the end? I seem to remember it was Sugar.
    Cyril Connolly

Hey, who won in the end? I seem to remember it was Sugar.
    Sugar won one season and hoju won the other I think

Wait. Are you a guy or a girl?
    Guy Lol. .

o shit i found gold

So LuNaR, I can finally hear you sing huh.

We we should do this
    Last edited by skoo78; 05-24-16 at 11:56 AM.
    Sim neej aws...

Any great apps out there that I can translate English to another language accurately and vice versa? How about voice translation?
    Sim neej aws...