Thread: Random Thoughts II

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    I have downloaded Audacity, and still trying to find which button does what. When are you guys doing it?
    Yeah LuNaR, when?
    Sim neej aws...

Why is it that people have less friends as they they get older? Is it because with age, you have the wisdom to filter out the fake friends and only keep the good ones? Or is it that you get more irritating as you get older and your friends can't stand you and they leave?
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Why is it that people have less friends as they they get older? Is it because with age, you have the wisdom to filter out the fake friends and only keep the good ones? Or is it that you get more irritating as you get older and your friends can't stand you and they leave?
    Because when we are young, most possibly we are schooling. With lesser commitments (except possibly the need to pass examinations), we have more time to make friends. When we get older, more commitments will come in - work, family, travelling, career - result in lesser time to meet up and interact.

Random thought: Is it true that introverts tend to hide their limitations from others?

I have downloaded Audacity, and still trying to find which button does what. When are you guys doing it?

Edit: Now I know why some contestants' clips is just singing without music. Adding music is hard. I tried for 2 hours but unable to merge.
    And @faith

I'm about to fly to china for 3 weeks, will do mine when I get back. I can create a fake email and have everyone send it there so it's annonymous. Make sure to get more ppl in lol

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    And @faith

I'm about to fly to china for 3 weeks, will do mine when I get back. I can create a fake email and have everyone send it there so it's annonymous. Make sure to get more ppl in lol
    Cool that you're going to China. Post some pictures.
    Sim neej aws...

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    And @faith

Which part are you going to? Beware of the pollution and the toilets. See yoy when you get back!

Reality of life? "A patient's spouse once told me that she would rather see her husband dead than help change his soiled diapers."
    Her tone suggests that this is something she has seen too often.
    "Her husband was just beside her."

http://www.tnp.sg/news/singapore-new...not-desolation

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Reality of life? "A patient's spouse once told me that she would rather see her husband dead than help change his soiled diapers."
    Her tone suggests that this is something she has seen too often.
    "Her husband was just beside her."

http://www.tnp.sg/news/singapore-new...not-desolation
    A doctor recently shared a story that while his team was busy saving a patient's life, another patient's family member nonchalantly asked them to change the Patient B's diaper.
    You plant a garden and the flowers do not bloom, you poke a stick in the mud and it grows into a tree

Team Leader A drafted a document for the big boss’ approval and it was rejected. A few days later during the departmental meeting, the big boss specially asked Team Leader B to redraft the document in front off others including Team Leader A and it was approved. Although Team Leaders A and B have the same rank, Team Leader A is more experienced by at least 20 years than Person B, however the big boss clearly considers Team Leader B as to be more competent than Team Leader A. Sometimes Person B has to brief the big boss about the progress of works under Team Leader A supervision, despite Team Leader A is present. So this situation make Team Leaders A & B not in a good term since Team Leader A being sidelined.
    You plant a garden and the flowers do not bloom, you poke a stick in the mud and it grows into a tree

Quote Originally Posted by Ace High View Post
    Team Leader A drafted a document for the big boss’ approval and it was rejected. A few days later during the departmental meeting, the big boss specially asked Team Leader B to redraft the document in front off others including Team Leader A and it was approved. Although Team Leaders A and B have the same rank, Team Leader A is more experienced by at least 20 years than Person B, however the big boss clearly considers Team Leader B as to be more competent than Team Leader A. Sometimes Person B has to brief the big boss about the progress of works under Team Leader A supervision, despite Team Leader A is present. So this situation make Team Leaders A & B not in a good term since Team Leader A being sidelined.
    That's another reality of life. There could be a lot of reasons for such behaviour:
    (a) showing who is boss
    (b) threatened by Team A capabilities
    (c) subtle indication that Team A quit

That's another reality of life. There could be a lot of reasons for such behaviour:
    (a) showing who is boss
    (b) threatened by Team A capabilities
    (c) subtle indication that Team A quit
    The big boss isn't actually satisfied with Team Leader A's performance. Last year A received a severe warning and almost got fired. Before that, B has been covering A's work while A slacking off. By the way, the document B redrafted was more detailed and specific than A's.

Now A is complaining that B is sabotaging him by making him look useless and unneeded while B is complaining about he has to do A's job.
    Last edited by Ace High; 06-01-16 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace High View Post
    The big boss isn't actually satisfied with Team Leader A's performance. Last year A received a severe warning and almost got fired. Before that, B has been covering A's work while A slacking off. By the way, the document B redrafted was more detailed and specific than A's.

Now A is complaining that B is sabotaging him by making him look useless and unneeded while B is complaining about he has to do A's job.
    In the end, it depends on which come first: A be sacked or B quit.

I didn't know Terry/Louis Fan is still acting.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

If a student is good in Maths, should this student take Physics or Chemistry? Which of these latter two subjects have more lab experiments?

If a student is good in Maths, should this student take Physics or Chemistry? Which of these latter two subjects have more lab experiments?
    I did both. I personally think both are useful but I prefer Physics because the experiments were more fun. Both have a lot of lab experiments.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    I didn't know Terry/Louis Fan is still acting.
    He is mostly earning money in China while he still can fight. He is a cheaper option compared to other HK martial arts actors but he is still very agile and works hard. He did gain some recognition fighting against Donnie Yen in Ip Man. He is often in series with his wife, JJ. JJ has moved backto TVB. Not sure about Terry/Louis (which one is it?)
    Cyril Connolly

He is mostly earning money in China while he still can fight. He is a cheaper option compared to other HK martial arts actors but he is still very agile and works hard. He did gain some recognition fighting against Donnie Yen in Ip Man. He is often in series with his wife, JJ. JJ has moved backto TVB. Not sure about Terry/Louis (which one is it?)
    I have not seen him since Hitman Chronicles and recently notice him in swordsman...
    I did both. I personally think both are useful but I prefer Physics because the experiments were more fun. Both have a lot of lab experiments.
    I actually prefer chemistry over physics but I agree both had a lot of labs...

Today we just give up with our design team. My big boss even say we're done with them and will do the designing ourselves. After all, we all engineers.

Hate eating a lot. Is it the time of the month? Ugh....
    Sim neej aws...