Thread: Random Thoughts II

  1. #4681
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,031

    Default

    It has been ages that I have given a very small donation of S$2. Maybe 20 years?

  2. #4682
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,031

    Default

    Can't you imagine playing against the same opponent in competitions for 36 times? http://mothership.sg/2016/08/frienem...inton-rivalry/

  3. #4683
    Senior Member ByTmE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    District of Columbia
    Posts
    1,040

    Default

    I don't remember a lot of past members, but I remember I didn't like that guy Candide.

  4. #4684
    Senior Member skoo78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    I don't remember a lot of past members, but I remember I didn't like that guy Candide.
    Don't know past members but from what I've read, Candide is a perv troll.
    Sim neej aws...

  5. #4685
    Senior Member skoo78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    It has been ages that I have given a very small donation of S$2. Maybe 20 years?
    It's great to donate
    Sim neej aws...

  6. #4686
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,031

    Default

    It is the only song I listen from Jay Chou. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6DmaLvj4Hw It's good because there are English substitutes. I think the song depicts his love for his mother. At times, I wonder what's if their "conspiracy" succeed? Will the father be deposed? Or mother and son just want to leave the palace?

  7. #4687
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,031

    Default

    wow. I slept from 12 midnight to 9.41 am today though I woke up briefly at 6 am to urinate.

  8. #4688
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Giang Ho, Canada
    Posts
    4,655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    wow. I slept from 12 midnight to 9.41 am today though I woke up briefly at 6 am to urinate.
    Good. Look like you live a very healthy life.

  9. #4689
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Giang Ho, Canada
    Posts
    4,655

    Default

    Just moved to Victoria more than 2 weeks ago. Hopefully things work out ok for me.

  10. #4690
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Good. Look like you live a very healthy life.
    Try too. When you get older, you tend to take better care of health.

  11. #4691
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Giang Ho, Canada
    Posts
    4,655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Try too. When you get older, you tend to take better care of health.
    Good for you. My lifestyle is not bad but I should live a healthier life too. Being healthy is by far the most important thing in life, far more important than all the wealth you can have in the world.

  12. #4692
    Senior Member skoo78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    269

    Default

    I heard living in Canada is better...hmm..

  13. #4693
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skoo78 View Post
    I heard living in Canada is better...hmm..
    My sister and bro-in-law have stayed in Canada for more than 30 years. Life to them is not stressful.

    Strangely, after sleeping well for some time, I have not slept well in the last 2 days, averaging 5-6 hours. Simply can't fall asleep. Weather is hot and getting hazy.

  14. #4694
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Giang Ho, Canada
    Posts
    4,655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skoo78 View Post
    I heard living in Canada is better...hmm..
    Canada is great, among the best in the world. However, I would like to argue that living in the US is better financially. Other than tuition fees and health care, US has much lower taxes and cost of pretty much everything is cheaper. Cost of housing is a lot cheaper than here while US has higher GDP per capita. Overall, I think US is the best in the world financially.

  15. #4695
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Giang Ho, Canada
    Posts
    4,655

    Default

    Does anyone here get iPhone 7 soon? Not me

  16. #4696
    Senior Member skoo78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Does anyone here get iPhone 7 soon? Not me
    I saw the new iphone 7 advertisement and gosh, it looks great but I'm ok with mine now.
    Sim neej aws...

  17. #4697
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skoo78 View Post
    I saw the new iphone 7 advertisement and gosh, it looks great but I'm ok with mine now.
    Me neither. Why should I when my current phone works just fine?

  18. #4698
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Giang Ho, Canada
    Posts
    4,655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skoo78 View Post
    I saw the new iphone 7 advertisement and gosh, it looks great but I'm ok with mine now.
    It's not the case with iPhone 7 is not great. It's a great cell phone. However, people can live with the older iPhone. My iPhone 5S is still working and does everything that I need (mainly call and text), why would I want to spend the money to buy something that I don't need, something that does not make my life any better. Money is far more important than the new iPhone that I don't need. I was surprised that APPLE did not announce anything about MacBook, MacBook Air and MacBook Pro. To me they are more important than iPhone.
    Last edited by Trien Chieu; 09-09-16 at 01:06 AM.

  19. #4699
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,031

    Default

    Stomach churning and a bit uncomfortable. Another sign of old age = health issues occur every now and then.

  20. #4700
    Senior Member skoo78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
    Me neither. Why should I when my current phone works just fine?
    yup. I don't need a fancy phone and plus, I like androids better. LOL.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    It's not the case with iPhone 7 is not great. It's a great cell phone. However, people can live with the older iPhone. My iPhone 5S is still working and does everything that I need (mainly call and text), why would I want to spend the money to buy something that I don't need, something that does not make my life any better. Money is far more important than the new iPhone that I don't need. I was surprised that APPLE did not announce anything about MacBook, MacBook Air and MacBook Pro. To me they are more important than iPhone.

    I guess they are putting more effort into iPhone to compete with Samsung Galaxy S7 (I think that's the newest edition so far).
    Sim neej aws...

Similar Threads

  1. Random Thoughts of Wuxia
    By PJ in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 387
    Last Post: 11-11-19, 04:53 AM
  2. Random Thoughts -- about Love
    By PJ in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 06-25-18, 04:50 PM
  3. Random Thoughts
    By kay &!* in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 5269
    Last Post: 11-25-10, 02:07 AM
  4. Replies: 46
    Last Post: 03-17-10, 12:05 AM
  5. what are your thoughts on accented singing?
    By jiang bao in forum Music
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-05-08, 07:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •