Thread: Random Thoughts II

Quote Originally Posted by skoo78 View Post
    TC, be prepare for a wave of Americans heading your way. I heard your Canadian Citizenship website wasn't working due to getting a huge traffic.
    When the Americans come to Canada, they will regret their decision and will go back to the States as soon as they can. Here in Canada, GDP per capita is lower, taxes is higher, cost of everything is higher. Canadians who live near the US border would go there for shopping and filling up their gas regularly. What is the gas price in the US? Here in Victoria, our price is US$0.88/liter (US$3.33/Gallon), 1gallon=3.785 liters.

Quote Originally Posted by Nan Ling View Post
    skoo78, I also heard about people moving to canada. On one of the chinese channels, the reporter himself said he would migrate to canada. I also heard there were riots going on since the election results came out.
    They will regret their decision. To be honest, if I can move to the US freely, I would move to Seattle. The weather is similar to here in BC and everything is cheaper especially housing.

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    If Trump does draw back troops from Asia, then China would be laughing its head off.
    Trump wants them pay for the services. Japan and SK will have to pay for the services. No more free lunch. Seriously, US should look after themselves and stop giving out free lunch to all over the world.

Take care, Skoo. I saw some videos of the riots from the news. Does not look good to be on the ground.
    Trump won the election fair and square. People should accept and respect the democratic process. Trump could be the best president they can ever ask for. He is not political correct but wise. It's wise to refuse accepting refugees from Syria given what happened to Paris and Germany. I know it's not politically correct. He will sign the Keystone Pipeline within first couple weeks if not within few days into his presidency something Obama had over 7 years and unable to sign. You will see how effective he will be with ISIS. He will back away from all the nonsense climate treaty. The people who lost their jobs from the coal industry will likely get their jobs back. Environmentalists will hate him, average Joe and Jane who need the jobs will love him.
    Last edited by Trien Chieu; 11-12-16 at 01:02 AM.

Feeling a bit sick. I will go and rest now.

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Take care.

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    When the Americans come to Canada, they will regret their decision and will go back to the States as soon as they can. Here in Canada, GDP per capita is lower, taxes is higher, cost of everything is higher. Canadians who live near the US border would go there for shopping and filling up their gas regularly. What is the gas price in the US? Here in Victoria, our price is US$0.88/liter (US$3.33/Gallon), 1gallon=3.785 liters.

They will regret their decision. To be honest, if I can move to the US freely, I would move to Seattle. The weather is similar to here in BC and everything is cheaper especially housing.

Trump wants them pay for the services. Japan and SK will have to pay for the services. No more free lunch. Seriously, US should look after themselves and stop giving out free lunch to all over the world.

Trump won the election fair and square. People should accept and respect the democratic process. Trump could be the best president they can ever ask for. He is not political correct but wise. It's wise to refuse accepting refugees from Syria given what happened to Paris and Germany. I know it's not politically correct. He will sign the Keystone Pipeline within first couple weeks if not within few days into his presidency something Obama had over 7 years and unable to sign. You will see how effective he will be with ISIS. He will back away from all the nonsense climate treaty. The people who lost their jobs from the coal industry will likely get their jobs back. Environmentalists will hate him, average Joe and Jane who need the jobs will love him.
    Are you even listening to yourself. Today he builds a wall south to stop the illegal immigrants. What is to stop him tomorrow from walling up areas within the US that have undesirables and herding those he does not want into them. And what does such an attitude teach the future generations. If you do not like or fear something, stick a wall in front of it and ignore it?

Your idea that he can create jobs and ignore the environmental effect is very irresponsible. What is the point of having money if the food you eat is tainted, the air your breath is poisonous and the ground you stand on is lifeless.

You see Obama's reluctance as a failure, I see it as the actions of an intelligent, responsible leader trying to balance the needs of his people with the needs of the world. Now the most powerful man in the world is a ruthless businessman, who has a track record of stepping on these 'average Joes and Janes' that you think will love him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandred Skavenslayer View Post
    Are you even listening to yourself. Today he builds a wall south to stop the illegal immigrants. What is to stop him tomorrow from walling up areas within the US that have undesirables and herding those he does not want into them. And what does such an attitude teach the future generations. If you do not like or fear something, stick a wall in front of it and ignore it?
    It's just campaign rhetoric. No wall will be built.

Your idea that he can create jobs and ignore the environmental effect is very irresponsible. What is the point of having money if the food you eat is tainted, the air your breath is poisonous and the ground you stand on is lifeless.

You see Obama's reluctance as a failure, I see it as the actions of an intelligent, responsible leader trying to balance the needs of his people with the needs of the world. Now the most powerful man in the world is a ruthless businessman, who has a track record of stepping on these 'average Joes and Janes' that you think will love him.
    According to the experts, the pipeline is very safe. It creates ten of thousand of high paying jobs that people are desperately needed. Obama refused to sign for political reasons, not because of the pipeline is not safe. Because of without the pipeline, oil ship to the US by train which is more vulnerable than pipeline. Hopefully Trump is able to bring some jobs back to the people who desperately need them. Just wait and see how things go.

Take care. e

BTW, anyone in NZ? A large earthquake just hit Christchurch.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Take care. e

BTW, anyone in NZ? A large earthquake just hit Christchurch.
    Indeed more sick now. Think it will take some time to recover.

Indeed more sick now. Think it will take some time to recover.
    Drink hot water/tea can help. Don't drink anything cold.

Drink hot water/tea can help. Don't drink anything cold.
    Taking some medicine now.

hope you get well soon, get plenty of rest. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Nan Ling View Post
    hope you get well soon, get plenty of rest. =)
    Thank you all. Feeling much better now after taking 8 pills over two days.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/...id=mailsignout

Stephen Hawking: Humans only have about 1,000 years left

What a BS comment! He will not be here in 1000 years for people to judge him. I guess I can make a prediction that in 200 years people will become immortal and able to fly like a bird. I won't be here in 200 years for people to judge me.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/18/health...-preservation/

UK teenager wins battle to have body cryogenically frozen

Taking some medicine now.
    Listen to some music. I find music helps me relax ,ore and when your body is relaxed, it will do a better job at repairing itself.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Listen to some music. I find music helps me relax ,ore and when your body is relaxed, it will do a better job at repairing itself.
    Already much better. Thanks. I notice that when I get older, I tend to get a little sick every now and then and the recovery period is much longer (about 1.5 weeks).

A nurse is a noble job. Why is it that up to today, people still believe that it is meant for females?

Are older people more patient?

Are older people more patient?
    It really depends. My grandmas weren't patient and they were grouchy.
    Sim neej aws...

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/18/health...-preservation/

UK teenager wins battle to have body cryogenically frozen
    Pretty interesting but I wouldn't do it.
    Sim neej aws...

Quote Originally Posted by skoo78 View Post
    Pretty interesting but I wouldn't do it.
    I will like to do it.