Page 244 of 250 FirstFirst ... 144194234235236237238239240241242243244245246247248249250 LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,880 of 5000

Thread: Random Thoughts II

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Are you saying recently made wuxia serials of Mainland China are better than wuxia serials of TVB and ATV during the 70s, 80s and 90s? If you compare LOCH82 of TVB to LOCH2017 of Mainland China, which one is better? I would say LOCH82 is far more superior.
    On a purely technical level, yes. Can you honestly say that TVB's and ATV's, location, cinematography, special effects and general production can compare to their modern counterparts? 30/40 years ago people were impressed by physical stunts and hand to hand combat, but not any more. Times change and you change with them or you get left behind.

Haven't watch tvb in a long time, do they have any recent wuxia series? Very hard to compare.

Feeling bad. Caught an error at work but I feel bad for the person who made the mistake. I feel bad if they get penalize but if it went unreported, there could be serious consequences.

Are you saying recently made wuxia serials of Mainland China are better than wuxia serials of TVB and ATV during the 70s, 80s and 90s? If you compare LOCH82 of TVB to LOCH2017 of Mainland China, which one is better? I would say LOCH82 is far more superior.
    I agree that LOCH82 is better in view of Barbara's role. It is definitely not "far more superior".
    I think LOCH2017 beats LOCH82 in terms of three aspects:
    1. The Mongolian fighting scenes are generally great.
    2. HR in LOCH2017 has many fighting scenes. The fact that she is also a dancer make her an agile and graceful fighter. Indeed, my most favorite scene in LOCH2017 is her throwing her needles to "help" GJ.
    3. MNC is probably the prettiest MNC in all series.

Quote Originally Posted by Nan Ling View Post
    Feeling bad. Caught an error at work but I feel bad for the person who made the mistake. I feel bad if they get penalize but if it went unreported, there could be serious consequences.
    Such things happen quite a fair bit at work. Work is work. Do not feel bad. You are doing your job.

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

3. MNC is probably the prettiest MNC in all series
    Personally I think Cecilia Liu takes that crown. There is an angelic beauty to her which I think captors MNC innocent love for YG.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandred Skavenslayer View Post
    Personally I think Cecilia Liu takes that crown. There is an angelic beauty to her which I think captors MNC innocent love for YG.
    To be fair, my MNC comparison is only based on 1983, 2003 and 2017 versions.
    I did not watch Liu Shishi's role as MNC in 2008.

Have I been a spcnet member for so long?

I never did perfect the art of ignoring ppl who are effin annoying on the forums though. Maybe I will disappear for another few years and hope some ppl disappear.
    I like me.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    2. HR in LOCH2017 has many fighting scenes. The fact that she is also a dancer make her an agile and graceful fighter. Indeed, my most favorite scene in LOCH2017 is her throwing her needles to "help" GJ.
    I'm waiting for the subtitles version. I did see bits and pieces of it, and yes, the actress is quite graceful in her fight scenes. But that's exactly why I don't like it. Too graceful and gentle looking fights. Almost powerless looking. Purely my preference, I like the fights to be powerful and fierce.

Quote Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
    I'm waiting for the subtitles version. I did see bits and pieces of it, and yes, the actress is quite graceful in her fight scenes. But that's exactly why I don't like it. Too graceful and gentle looking fights. Almost powerless looking. Purely my preference, I like the fights to be powerful and fierce.
    Interesting preference, dictionary. Which female character fight powerful and fierce? MCF? LMC? ZZR?

Quote Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
    Kind of reminds me of Moon Lee being a dancer she was very good in all her fight scenes in action movies.

Have not started watching this series yet but you all make it sounds very good. Will try to pick it up when I have time.

I am confused with what one friend told him today. He noted that he has diabetes thereby he is taking pills. He has to drink Coke everyday to increase the sugar intake or else he will have fainting spells. Does it make sense? All along, I thought that having diabetes mean one having too high sugar content in the blood. Thus one should reduce sugar intake. Any thoughts?

I am confused with what one friend told him today. He noted that he has diabetes thereby he is taking pills. He has to drink Coke everyday to increase the sugar intake or else he will have fainting spells. Does it make sense? All along, I thought that having diabetes mean one having too high sugar content in the blood. Thus one should reduce sugar intake. Any thoughts?
    Depends. You need some sugar in the bloodstream to function properly. For diabetes, the problem is with the lack/limitation of insulin production that breaks down sugar in the bloodstream. Sometimes a diabetic can have a hypoglycaemic attack where there is too much insulin the body and they need to take more sugar to keep them alive. They will most probably have a pump gauge or fingerprick blood glucose monitor with them 24/7 for them to check their Blood Glucose if they don't feel right. Most diabetics keep jellybeans or some juice with them all the time to take if they feel a hypo episodes coming along.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Depends. You need some sugar in the bloodstream to function properly. For diabetes, the problem is with the lack/limitation of insulin production that breaks down sugar in the bloodstream. Sometimes a diabetic can have a hypoglycaemic attack where there is too much insulin the body and they need to take more sugar to keep them alive. They will most probably have a pump gauge or fingerprick blood glucose monitor with them 24/7 for them to check their Blood Glucose if they don't feel right. Most diabetics keep jellybeans or some juice with them all the time to take if they feel a hypo episodes coming along.
    Thanks for sharing. Appreciated.

Haven't been in here for awhile. How's everyone doing? I'm trying to get back in an exercise routine again since I haven't been doing that for a while now. I need to get back into the groove
    Sim neej aws...

Quote Originally Posted by skoo78 View Post
    Haven't been in here for awhile. How's everyone doing? I'm trying to get back in an exercise routine again since I haven't been doing that for a while now. I need to get back into the groove
    Me too. I have put on 2kg recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandred Skavenslayer View Post
    On a purely technical level, yes. Can you honestly say that TVB's and ATV's, location, cinematography, special effects and general production can compare to their modern counterparts? 30/40 years ago people were impressed by physical stunts and hand to hand combat, but not any more. Times change and you change with them or you get left behind.
    I don't care about location, cinematography. Does LOCH2017 have anything this cool?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u155/LOCHROCHHSDS/XL18Z.gif')

Youtube: 降龍十八掌

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u155/LOCHROCHHSDS/XL18Z_1.gif')

I agree that LOCH82 is better in view of Barbara's role. It is definitely not "far more superior".
    I think LOCH2017 beats LOCH82 in terms of three aspects:
    1. The Mongolian fighting scenes are generally great.
    3. MNC is probably the prettiest MNC in all series.
    I don't care about Mongolian fighting scenes. I care about Barbara's Wong Yung. Does LOCH 2017's Wong Yung as good as Barbara?

I don't care about location, cinematography. Does LOCH2017 have anything this cool?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u155/LOCHROCHHSDS/XL18Z.gif')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u155/LOCHROCHHSDS/XL18Z_1.gif')

I don't care about Mongolian fighting scenes. I care about Barbara's Wong Yung. Does LOCH 2017's Wong Yung as good as Barbara?
    I will say yes and no. Li Yitong beats Barbara in terms of number and ability in fighting scenes. Barbara is prettier and more adorable than Li Yitong (You must remember HR is supposedly 16-17 years old)

I will say yes and no. Li Yitong beats Barbara in terms of number and ability in fighting scenes.
    Barbara's fighting scenes are great. I love the hand to hand combat. I don't care about all the new super fancy special effects.

Barbara is prettier and more adorable than Li Yitong (You must remember HR is supposedly 16-17 years old)
    This is very important. Barbara's Wong Yung is perfect. I agree with you that Barbara does not look 16-17 in the serial but it's not important to me. Beside Barbara, other actors/actresses are great as well. Felix's Kwok Jing is just as perfect. Michael's Yeung Hong is just as perfect. All the Great, Yeung Sit Sum, Bao Sit Yert are great. All the songs and background music are great. LOCH 82 is just a perfect serial that beat all the remakes no matter how much more money they spend to make the serial.

Barbara's fighting scenes are great. I love the hand to hand combat. I don't care about all the new super fancy special effects.

This is very important. Barbara's Wong Yung is perfect. I agree with you that Barbara does not look 16-17 in the serial but it's not important to me. Beside Barbara, other actors/actresses are great as well. Felix's Kwok Jing is just as perfect. Michael's Yeung Hong is just as perfect. All the Great, Yeung Sit Sum, Bao Sit Yert are great. All the songs and background music are great. LOCH 82 is just a perfect serial that beat all the remakes no matter how much more money they spend to make the serial.
    Indeed, I must say that there is not so much special effects with regard to Li Yitong's fighting scenes. I think the producer/director is smart to use her dancing background. So her scenes are elegantly and beautifully executed.

I am fine with your second point.

Indeed, I must say that there is not so much special effects with regard to Li Yitong's fighting scenes. I think the producer/director is smart to use her dancing background. So her scenes are elegantly and beautifully executed.

I am fine with your second point.
    Costumes of LOCH82 are classics. They are so much nicer than all the cheap costumes of LOCH2017.