Page 246 of 250 FirstFirst ... 146196236237238239240241242243244245246247248249250 LastLast
Results 4,901 to 4,920 of 5000

Thread: Random Thoughts II

Quote Originally Posted by skoo78 View Post
    What's your intake on this show?
    Worth a watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Victoria is on Vancouver Island, the capital city of BC. It's a lot smaller than Vancouver, Asian food is more expensive and not as good and no Night Markets. However, tutoring opportunity is much much better here than in Vancouver. While food is more expensive, cost of car insurance is lower than Vancouver. I pay about 1/3 less compare Vancouver. It's also very beautiful here. I go crabbing on my free time.
    Thank you, not sure if I will be going this year anymore, maybe next year since I may go to China again sometime later this year.

Playing an online game now. I am always surprised to see how the childsish side of people seema to come out more when online.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Victoria is on Vancouver Island, the capital city of BC. It's a lot smaller than Vancouver, Asian food is more expensive and not as good and no Night Markets. However, tutoring opportunity is much much better here than in Vancouver. While food is more expensive, cost of car insurance is lower than Vancouver. I pay about 1/3 less compare Vancouver. It's also very beautiful here. I go crabbing on my free time.
    Vancouver is turning into a joke these days. Nobody here can afford to buy a place. My buddy is thinking about moving to the island if the work there.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by almo89 View Post
    Vancouver is turning into a joke these days. Nobody here can afford to buy a place. My buddy is thinking about moving to the island if the work there.
    While housing in Victoria is cheaper than Vancouver, it's also very expensive, not affordable at all. There are not that many well paying jobs here either.

The good news is price of housing in Canada is on the way down. Vancouver will not be an exception. Salary in Vancouver is pretty low, not that many good jobs are available. I would not be surprise if we have a big crash like the US did during 2008.
    Last edited by Trien Chieu; 09-13-17 at 09:18 PM.

Does anyone here going to get iPhone 8, iPhone 8 plus or iPhone X?

Does anyone here going to get iPhone 8, iPhone 8 plus or iPhone X?
    Nope. Not me.
    Sim neej aws...

Does anyone know what will happen to Barbara Yung's tombstone in UK?

Nope. Not me.
    Not me either. I like Apple products, but I am not an Apple Fanboy. I broke my iPhone 5 couple months ago and got iPhone SE as a replacement. I will keep using it as long as it's working.

While housing in Victoria is cheaper than Vancouver, it's also very expensive, not affordable at all. There are not that many well paying jobs here either.

The good news is price of housing in Canada is on the way down. Vancouver will not be an exception. Salary in Vancouver is pretty low, not that many good jobs are available. I would not be surprise if we have a big crash like the US did during 2008.
    Does Vancouver rely mostly only tourist visiting?

Not me either. I like Apple products, but I am not an Apple Fanboy. I broke my iPhone 5 couple months ago and got iPhone SE as a replacement. I will keep using it as long as it's working.
    I'm still on Iphone 5, had it for 5 years now =) Still works fine, just the battery doesn't last as long anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Nan Ling View Post
    Does Vancouver rely mostly only tourist visiting?
    There are lot of tourists in Vancouver but I would not say it rely on tourists. It relies money laundering from oversea. The local people don't make much money. The reason that real estate is so high is because lot of billionaires and multimillionaires all over the world want to come here. The incomes of local people are pretty low while everything is very expensive. It's tough if you need to work to earn a living.

Quote Originally Posted by Nan Ling View Post
    I'm still on Iphone 5, had it for 5 years now =) Still works fine, just the battery doesn't last as long anymore.
    Good for you. If I didn't break my iPhone 5, I would still using it. iPhone SE is very similar to iPhone 5. I don't find much different other than the TouchID which doesn't make a difference. If your iPhone 5 works fine and satisfies your need, then no need to change it. I don't understand why some people keep getting new phone every year while their old phone is working perfectly and at the same time complaining about debt.

Star Wars 8 sure look interesting. There are so many theories and counter-theories. The one which I find accepted is
    General Leia will be killed. Whether by his son or not is another issue. The one which I find most unacceptable is Snoke is Anakin's father.

Just dropping by to say hi to all of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Streempy View Post
    Hi, Streempy.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Star Wars 8 sure look interesting. There are so many theories and counter-theories. The one which I find accepted is
    General Leia will be killed. Whether by his son or not is another issue. The one which I find most unacceptable is Snoke is Anakin's father.
    I can't wait for it to come out too.
    Sim neej aws...

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    I can't wait for it to come out too.
    Leia's death was probably not the original plan, but given Carrie Fisher's unexpected passing, it's probably the only way they can go.

Will Luke die in episode 8 too?
    I suspect Kylo/Ben is not bad afterall. He possibly has to do all these to gain the trust of Snoke.
    I think the scary part is that Rey is related to Snoke if that happens.
    Last edited by wkeej; 11-03-17 at 12:04 AM.

Is there a Mathematical symbol for inverse?

I know that directly proportional symbol looks like the infinity sign. How's about inverse relationship? Is it A = B power (-1) the only way of writing?

Quote Originally Posted by Streempy View Post
    Hello Streempy =)