Page 247 of 250 FirstFirst ... 147197237238239240241242243244245246247248249250 LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,940 of 5000

Thread: Random Thoughts II

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Is there a Mathematical symbol for inverse?

I know that directly proportional symbol looks like the infinity sign. How's about inverse relationship? Is it A = B power (-1) the only way of writing?
    I think that is the only way I know X^-1, I'm not sure if it's correct. Sorry... wish I could be more helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    There are lot of tourists in Vancouver but I would not say it rely on tourists. It relies money laundering from oversea. The local people don't make much money. The reason that real estate is so high is because lot of billionaires and multimillionaires all over the world want to come here. The incomes of local people are pretty low while everything is very expensive. It's tough if you need to work to earn a living.

Good for you. If I didn't break my iPhone 5, I would still using it. iPhone SE is very similar to iPhone 5. I don't find much different other than the TouchID which doesn't make a difference. If your iPhone 5 works fine and satisfies your need, then no need to change it. I don't understand why some people keep getting new phone every year while their old phone is working perfectly and at the same time complaining about debt.
    How is Richmond? Lots of good food? Is it snowing in Vancouver right now?

Having a bad cough now.

Having a bad cough now.
    oh no, get well soon.. Tea and honey?

Quote Originally Posted by Nan Ling View Post
    oh no, get well soon.. Tea and honey?
    Thanks. Better now. Does tea help? Honey does soothe the throat.

Haven't been here for a long while... DECEMBER... 2017 is going to end soon...
    Sim neej aws...

Quote Originally Posted by skoo78 View Post
    Haven't been here for a long while... DECEMBER... 2017 is going to end soon...
    Hi skoo78. Yes, time flies.

Assume you are between 20 and 25 years old. Which pill would you take? If you take the BLUE PILL, you won't go back in time. You just become a 10 years old of yourself living in present time.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-b7baf58e73a1ed20428c3aec0891d7bf-c')
    Last edited by Trien Chieu; 12-04-17 at 02:22 AM.

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

Assume you are between 20 and 25 years old. Which pill would you take? If you take the BLUE PILL, you won't go back in time. You just become a 10 years old of yourself living in present time.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-b7baf58e73a1ed20428c3aec0891d7bf-c')
    No choice if you can't go back in time, it has to be the red pill.

Take red pill. Money in pocket is always the best.
    Unless you are the only child in a billionaire family. Then eat blue pill. So that you have more time to spend your parents' money.

What will you do if you were a neutral state?
    I came across an island (can't remember the name) which both stronger Athens and Spartans want for its strategic location. Athens wanted the island to surrender and join them in the fight against Spartans. The island king refused citing neutrality and hence it was conquered by Athens and all the males executed.
    Is this a right move by a neutral state?

Quote Originally Posted by Mandred Skavenslayer View Post
    No choice if you can't go back in time, it has to be the red pill.
    If you take the red pill then you lose 20-25 best years of your life. You still can take the blue pill and become a 10 years old kid again.

Take red pill. Money in pocket is always the best.
    Unless you are the only child in a billionaire family. Then eat blue pill. So that you have more time to spend your parents' money.
    While money is important and but by taking a red pill, you lose 20-25 best years of your life. Is it worth it?

I came across an island (can't remember the name) which both stronger Athens and Spartans want for its strategic location. Athens wanted the island to surrender and join them in the fight against Spartans. The island king refused citing neutrality and hence it was conquered by Athens and all the males executed.
    Well. You can choose to take neither. You neither gain nor lose anything.

I would choose to become the lame dog amongst fighting tigers.

If you take the red pill then you lose 20-25 best years of your life. You still can take the blue pill and become a 10 years old kid again.

While money is important and but by taking a red pill, you lose 20-25 best years of your life. Is it worth it?

Well. You can choose to take neither. You neither gain nor lose anything.
    Today, many continue to be active until age 70. So from 45, there is a good 25 years to spend the $50 mil. Each year = $2 mil.

Today, many continue to be active until age 70. So from 45, there is a good 25 years to spend the $50 mil. Each year = $2 mil.
    But you lose 20-25 best years of your life. From 45 to 70 is not nearly as good as from 20 to 45.

But you lose 20-25 best years of your life. From 45 to 70 is not nearly as good as from 20 to 45.
    Talking from experience, 25-30 may be the peak. From 30 to 45, family, work, and housing commitments come in exponentially. And you may not even have $1 mil from 25-45.

Reflect on 2017 and look forward to 2018.

I will take the Red Pill. I could be young with all my knowledge, but not have the resources to change anything and the world is getting worse and worse. House prices are on the rise as well as water levels. I would have to wait 8 years to be able to do anything as a legal adult and the world could have already ended by then. May as well lose 20 years where I would have had to work hard to survive anyway, and just take the money as a middle aged person. At least I can enjoy, donate it away and help people who need it now. Age 45 onwards is not so bad if you are healthy. If you are nothing, at least you have $50 mil to do something about it.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Talking from experience, 25-30 may be the peak. From 30 to 45, family, work, and housing commitments come in exponentially. And you may not even have $1 mil from 25-45.
    For the vast vast majority, they don't have $1 million from 25-45 but those are the best years of your life. They are priceless. No amount of money can compare to those years of your life.

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    I will take the Red Pill. I could be young with all my knowledge, but not have the resources to change anything and the world is getting worse and worse. House prices are on the rise as well as water levels. I would have to wait 8 years to be able to do anything as a legal adult and the world could have already ended by then. May as well lose 20 years where I would have had to work hard to survive anyway, and just take the money as a middle aged person. At least I can enjoy, donate it away and help people who need it now. Age 45 onwards is not so bad if you are healthy. If you are nothing, at least you have $50 mil to do something about it.
    If you are 25 years old and take the blue pill, you would gain 15 best years of your life. If you take the red pill, you lost 20-25 best years of your life. Those years are priceless. No amount of money can compare to those 20-25 best years of life. If the world is going to end, the $50 million would become useless. Are you American? If so, real estate is not that expensive. Here in Victoria, BC, Canada, the cost of housing is very high. Even so, I would rather just rent a room than lose the 20-25 best years of my life for $50 million. By the way, I am 39. Even at 39, I would still refuse to take the red pill if I could. 6 best years of my life is more important to me than $50 million. Did you watch the movie "Ninja Assassin"? There is a phrase in movie that said "Every moment you live is a gift". I think it's true because no matter how rich you are, you could be done at any moment including someone like Steve Jobs.

For the vast vast majority, they don't have $1 million from 25-45 but those are the best years of your life. They are priceless. No amount of money can compare to those years of your life.

If you are 25 years old and take the blue pill, you would gain 15 best years of your life. If you take the red pill, you lost 20-25 best years of your life. Those years are priceless. No amount of money can compare to those 20-25 best years of life. If the world is going to end, the $50 million would become useless. Are you American? If so, real estate is not that expensive. Here in Victoria, BC, Canada, the cost of housing is very high. Even so, I would rather just rent a room than lose the 20-25 best years of my life for $50 million. By the way, I am 39. Even at 39, I would still refuse to take the red pill if I could. 6 best years of my life is more important to me than $50 million. Did you watch the movie "Ninja Assassin"? There is a phrase in movie that said "Every moment you live is a gift". I think it's true because no matter how rich you are, you could be done at any moment including someone like Steve Jobs.
    You are not so much asking for people's opinion, rather trying to force your view upon us. If you believe 25 years of life is beyond any amount of money then so be it, but please do not impose your thoughts on others. I am 37 myself and although I enjoy my life losing 8 years for enough money to ensure that I and my loved ones are financially secure forever is definitely worth it.

Why do you think all those rich people work 12 hours a day, never seeing their family, missing out on the childhood of their children are doing it for.