Page 25 of 250 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343575125 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Thoughts II

Quote Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
    GRE--the exam?
    yes sir, the exammmm !!!
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    chinese students studying abroad are spoiled and lazy
    Really? Thought that they are hardworking when overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Only the labourers. Chinese international students are some of the laziest dipsh1ts on Earth.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

other forums are really serious business and i'm just laughing
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post

My mentor says she can hear my boredom over the phone...
    I think you wear your heart on your sleeves, so your emotions revealed even when over the phone.

At my end, I had to struggle very hard with the emotions because I need to work, and I need to deal with people (over the phone and facing my colleagues) so I can't afford that. As much as I'd love my own space to weep over this or a breather so I can go into daze over this, I can't afford. As far as it's at work, I have to put everything behind my mind and pretend nothing happened. This is really unlike what I have been through before and even at telling this, I can feel the sore. It's very annoying. There are too many things that I get contact with in life makes me see the shadows, the things that we've been through together (all the little things). This person, who is nearly a family to me, has health conditions which gets me worried too.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Yang Guo?
    Now you've reminded me that my current problem do draw some resemblance to this fictional character's to some extent. But he reunited with XLN after 16 years, and the words were left behind for him before the 16 years. And, I don't know if we'll ever get our reunion... the promises of travelling to HK & Taiwan together with our mothers (or just us) seem to be just talk. Someone who never break promises has broke promises entirely!
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 01-12-11 at 01:25 AM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

That what I thought initially as well guess because they can afford studying think they don't need to do much work to succeed in life.

Chinese international students are some of the laziest dipsh1ts on Earth.
    you are totally right on this one as least it applies to most of them

and yeah i know it's never too late to study harder just that i have lost precious time.

Thanks Candide and Exodus for giving an alternative view of Chinese international students. Since HYS is in academic line, hopefully he can provide some inputs on this.

What is your resolution for 2011 other than not having any resolutions and/or breaking all resolutions. My resolution is quite simple and hope that I can achieve it - Do not show anger/frustration despite being angry or frustrated.

Thanks Candide and Exodus for giving an alternative view of Chinese international students. Since HYS is in academic line, hopefully he can provide some inputs on this.

What is your resolution for 2011 other than not having any resolutions and/or breaking all resolutions. My resolution is quite simple and hope that I can achieve it - Do not show anger/frustration despite being angry or frustrated.
    you mean show it in the face or just simple saying out loud? Because even though im not satisfied with their work i don't say it out loud however i just avoid speaking to the person. I will just find some others to work with next time that i know will do their work properly.

Day 5 of my miserable flu/cold...or what have you.....took another two days off to recover....yesterday my nose was totally congested and had to use some herbs for steam therapy to help. My stomach has been disagreeable with me. Stomach, you're suppose to digest the food not bring it back up!!! Yuck. Good news is that my throat is no longer sore as it was yesterday, but it's a pain to cough and feel each cough in my stomach. It's like this tightening in the stomach.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    I've heard my housemate talking about exercising & hiring a personal trainer to help her lose weight for the last 3 nights.

Here are her last 3 dinners:

Night #1: Pizzas
    Night #2: Maccas
    Night #3: Takeaway Kebabs

I'll miss such amusement when I move out.
    What are maccas?

Ooo Kabobs! I want some when I'm all better.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Will the rain ever stop?

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    What are maccas?

Ooo Kabobs! I want some when I'm all better.
    Maccas as in Mac Donalds.
    You're probably thinking Shish kebabs. Americans don't seem to know Doner Kebabs. Meat from a vertical spit, with vegetables in pita bread or turkish bread.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.erinknowssandiego.com/.a/6a01053585ab6e970c0133ec619448970b-800wi')

Doners are great - loved those when I was in Germany.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

I don't know how some people live to this day without knowing or being oblivious about things surrounding them....totally lacking common sense and wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by kay &!* View Post
    yes sir, the exammmm !!!
    Here's the good news: it's not as hard as you think it is.

Then again, I think most of those tests aren't as hard as people are led to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    I don't know how some people live to this day without knowing or being oblivious about things surrounding them....totally lacking common sense and wisdom.
    Like Doner Kebabs?

忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Here's the good news: it's not as hard as you think it is.

Then again, I think most of those tests aren't as hard as people are led to believe.
    oh pfttt, okay smart ***

haha but nah. i bought the GRE study guides.. going through them as i type this and i'm like that's it?? hahah, don't get me wrong, i still think some parts r a bit intimidating but really? it's not THAT bad! i think the SATs was worse than this hahaa or maybe i just grew a tad smarter over the years. either way, i'm not stressing too much after this book has given me some DL about the test! will still study my *** off though, esp. the verbal section since i seriously don't know half of these words and its the most important section for my major i would think (PR). thank god i didn't fork out $1k for those gre prep class.. i woulda been pissed.

I took it some time ago also kay and I did okay on it. My math skills suck a$$ but thank goodness I didn't really need a good quant score lol. I used the Princeton Review one the most because of it's strategies. Take it before August though because supposedly that's when ETS will implement the new exam format.
    I like me.

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    I took it some time ago also kay and I did okay on it. My math skills suck a$$ but thank goodness I didn't really need a good quant score lol. I used the Princeton Review one the most because of it's strategies. Take it before August though because supposedly that's when ETS will implement the new exam format.
    yeah but i heard if i take the test before and after august, i get to choose which scores get submitted to the colleges which i don't mind, i don't plan to go grad school until spring 2012 anyways but who knows, i might score high the first time around which would be next month or march and don't have to go through this sneaky plan for a second try *schemes* pretty sure i'll do well though ha ha

and yes, that i have the PR book as well, is it weird that i'm enjoying this book? HAHA

Why there are still Chinese (ABC some more) who thinks Han is superior and hate of the Manchurian?
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kay &!* View Post
    oh pfttt, okay smart ***

haha but nah. i bought the GRE study guides.. going through them as i type this and i'm like that's it?? hahah, don't get me wrong, i still think some parts r a bit intimidating but really? it's not THAT bad! i think the SATs was worse than this hahaa or maybe i just grew a tad smarter over the years. either way, i'm not stressing too much after this book has given me some DL about the test! will still study my *** off though, esp. the verbal section since i seriously don't know half of these words and its the most important section for my major i would think (PR). thank god i didn't fork out $1k for those gre prep class.. i woulda been pissed.
    These standardized tests are more psyche games than tests of academic ability. I often tell my students that not letting the tests psyche them out is half the battle. They want you to feel anxious to stunt your performance; if you take the test without anxiety, you can beat it.