Page 39 of 250 FirstFirst ... 29303132333435363738394041424344454647484989139 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Thoughts II

Challenge Card I drew yesterday

Crystal: Have faith and hope, because there is something positive and new on the horizon that you can't yet see.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Looks like I'm going to Washington in the spring.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    So I was talking to Cedric and she thinks HuangYushi is not a Zhang CuiShan nor Song Yuan Qiao, but old enough to be like Zhang San Feng.
    Cedric: Do I sound soooo old???
    Suet Seung: Your application of Zhang Cuishan and Song Yuanqiao was only partially correct. What I had meant was this: that people who thought that I was in the younger age bracket had to think again and move me into the older age bracket. It wasn't about Zhang Cuishan before or after Ice-Fire Island.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Just curious. Why did he fail the interview? You can read his response as arrogant or confident. Or do you think his attitude is not a good role model for the kids?
    Cedric stated that he gave a "cocky and arrogant" response, so I replied accordingly. I didn't read his response as anything else since Cedric already stated the obvious. In real life, students don't really see their teachers behaving arrogantly towards their colleagues/supervisors. So role-modelling isn't the problem here. Instead, the issue here is about the person's teachability and willingness to learn/do things in certain ways. Arrogant people tend to be more unteachable, thus more likely to make unnecessary (and sometimes even serious) errors that could have been avoided in the first place. And I, speaking for myself as a supervisor, do not have the luxury of time to fix such errors. As I always say, if I have to pick up after you when you make a mess (after you've been told how to avoid the mess), I might as well do your job and take your salary.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Can I deduce that HuangYushi is more a task-oriented person instead of a relationship-based one?
    I can't help it. I'll turn from a task-oriented person into a relationship-based one (and vice-versa) when the situation calls for it.
    Last edited by HuangYushi; 02-16-11 at 09:43 AM.
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

The Japanese claims they are hunting whales for scientific researches. Have they actually published any of said researches, and are the Japanese great contributors to whale researches?

She most probably is referring to your state of mind maturity.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    The Japanese claims they are hunting whales for scientific researches. Have they actually published any of said researches, and are the Japanese great contributors to whale researches?
    Maybe they are researching how to make the whales taste better.

Update: Oops. It turns out that this isn't what they research. Their research is to prove beyond reasonable doubt that whales eat fish, precisely eels and sardines.
    Last edited by kidd; 02-16-11 at 09:26 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

I thought whales ate everything except really big fishing boats.
    I like me.

Every day, I want to tell this friend, "I love you." But that won't be good for our friendship. So I keep this love inside and smile whenever I think of him.
    Last edited by PJ; 02-16-11 at 08:52 PM.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

props to law students. taking a pre-law class and i'm fkin stressed and drained. LOL *yawn. will NEVER go to law school. not even if you pay me to. fk
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by kay &!* View Post
    props to law students. taking a pre-law class and i'm fkin stressed and drained. LOL *yawn. will NEVER go to law school. not even if you pay me to. fk
    but psychic lunar say u will be an attorney in the future
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    but psychic lunar say u will be an attorney in the future
    lol psychic my says im going to kick your ***
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by HuangYushi View Post
    I can't help it. I'll turn from a task-oriented person into a relationship-based one (and vice-versa) when the situation calls for it.
    That's great. That means that you are flexible person. Will you consider yourself more task or more relationship?

Suet Seung: Your application of Zhang Cuishan and Song Yuanqiao was only partially correct. What I had meant was this: that people who thought that I was in the younger age bracket had to think again and move me into the older age bracket. It wasn't about Zhang Cuishan before or after Ice-Fire Island.
    HYS, you're an enigma, I'm trying to figure out. For someone so well-knowledge and experienced, Xiang meimei is correct as is Cedric...maturity level high...unless you are a genius who excelled in life at an early age, I would have to put you in an older age bracket. Forgive my inquistive need to seek and to know what I do not know.

I never mistakened you for being young ( early 20s), you always seem older to me.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 02-17-11 at 02:09 AM.

SS, don't forget the most important quescion >>> Are you married?!?! \/

No, it's not the way you sound, neither did I gage from your maturity level in a forum. I'm not surprised for someone who is aged 25~ early 30s to display maturity the way you did.

It was your years of working/teaching experience mentioned (in compare with Ken's) in the earlier posts and I did a very brief calculation that result in -- my jaws-dropping conclusion.
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 02-17-11 at 02:43 AM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Hoju really has a beautiful singing voice. I have her songs on my ipod! Hahaha
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 02-17-11 at 12:05 PM.

"Big car, small brain!" - That was what I audibly called the driver of the large MPV that was parked at a slanted angle so close to my car that I had to squeeze into the driver's seat and close the wing mirror in order to drive out (with barely inches to spare), without realising that he was actually in the car! I only realised after he drove out immediately after I was out.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    That's great. That means that you are flexible person. Will you consider yourself more task or more relationship?
    50-50, I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Forgive my inquistive need to seek and to know what I do not know.
    Nothing to seek forgiveness for. Curiosity is part and parcel of life.
    But it did kill the cat.
    Sounding old is probably the result of life experiences, but since I teach pre-K/K, I do hope that I am having a decently balanced mix of the old (life outside work) and the new (new tech/research, young parents, even younger kids, etc).
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

fml with this research paper. give me 10 exams, please. just dont give me a research paper, especially about court cases and the law. i hate papers. I CAN'T DO THEM!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Maybe they are researching how to make the whales taste better.

Update: Oops. It turns out that this isn't what they research. Their research is to prove beyond reasonable doubt that whales eat fish, precisely eels and sardines.
    Oh... how helpful those information are!

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    I thought whales ate everything except really big fishing boats.
    They don't eat people, do they?

Its those two faced people that you have to be cautious about. They step on you rather than being stepped on. Hello? Am I suddenly transported into the world of inner palace schemes? It's just one of those days where work seems like that. I think everyone needs this upcoming 3-day weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post

They don't eat people, do they?
    Hm. In Pinocchio, Geppetto was swallowed by a whale. I don't see why such things [or accidents lol] couldn't happen in real life.
    I like me.

This year's payout is three times the usual amount. I guess they do realise how unpopular they've become and are going all out to "win" public support before the elections... But oh well, I stand to gain extra monies anyway.