+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 175 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 15 55 105 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 3481

Thread: Random Thoughts II

  1. #81
    Senior Member kidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    13,076

    Default

    This woman disgust me. I guess hurting others for her own happiness is totally ok in her personal moral framework.

    http://www.loveshack.org/forums/t254659/

    Sigh, the excuses some 3rd parties give to absolve themselves of their selfishness.
    Last edited by kidd; 11-28-10 at 04:30 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

    和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

  2. #82
    Senior Member Candide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    ( @ )( @ )
    Posts
    4,672

    Default

    I won the raw division, 83kg class of my local state powerlifting competition!
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

    "I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

  3. #83
    Senior Member kidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    13,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    I won the raw division, 83kg class of my local state powerlifting competition!
    Congratulations!
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

    和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

  4. #84
    Senior Member ByTmE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    District of Columbia
    Posts
    960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    I won the raw division, 83kg class of my local state powerlifting competition!
    I don't know what that means but congratulations!
    I like me.

  5. #85
    Senior Member ByTmE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    District of Columbia
    Posts
    960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    This woman disgust me. I guess hurting others for her own happiness is totally ok in her personal moral framework.

    http://www.loveshack.org/forums/t254659/

    Sigh, the excuses some 3rd parties give to absolves themselves of their selfishness.
    The "other woman's" post was a little difficult to understand. I read it in the same way you did, I think. She was questioning her responsibility in partaking in a relationship with a knowingly married partner. In addition, she was genuinely [or not haha] questioning the right of others to lay the blame on the third party just because they were choosing to live their life in a way that made them happy...even though their happiness was at the expense of others happiness. Dare I also say, that the "other woman" doesn't believe that she's wrong in participating an extramarital affair because that behavior was consistent in her own moral beliefs. Hmm.

    In fact, in my opinion, yeah...she's wrong. Others may argue that a person has the right to pursue their own happiness as this woman did. And the couple should have made their marriage work/stronger to protect themselves from such a person anyway.

    Being the judgmental human being that I am, I'd say that the "other person" is still wrong and a "no good home wrecker" along with the partner participating in the affair.
    I like me.

  6. #86
    Senior Member kidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    13,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    The "other woman's" post was a little difficult to understand. I read it in the same way you did, I think. She was questioning her responsibility in partaking in a relationship with a knowingly married partner. In addition, she was genuinely [or not haha] questioning the right of others to lay the blame on the third party just because they were choosing to live their life in a way that made them happy...even though their happiness was at the expense of others happiness. Dare I also say, that the "other woman" doesn't believe that she's wrong in participating an extramarital affair because that behavior was consistent in her own moral beliefs. Hmm.

    In fact, in my opinion, yeah...she's wrong. Others may argue that a person has the right to pursue their own happiness as this woman did. And the couple should have made their marriage work/stronger to protect themselves from such a person anyway.

    Being the judgmental human being that I am, I'd say that the "other person" is still wrong and a "no good home wrecker" along with the partner participating in the affair.
    Yeah, some 3rd party party try to absolve their wrong doing by saying
    'It's not wrong within my moral compass.'
    'The marriage is between my lover and his wife. He's doing the betraying, not me.'
    'Their marriage is loveless. They are unhappy anyway.'

    I guess I would never understand their thought process. How anyone can think they are not wrong at all in participating in a betrayal for the fulfillment of their own desire.
    Last edited by kidd; 11-28-10 at 04:55 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

    和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

  7. #87
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    4 seasons in 1 day
    Posts
    1,142

    Default

    Good job bro.

  8. #88
    Junior Member avocado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    in your heart i hope
    Posts
    7

    Default

    i scream at the top of my lungs but you don't hear me.... are you just trying to forget about me? everything is a constant reminder of you.
    89 days without you. are you keeping my soul safe?

  9. #89
    Moderator Suet Seung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    13,948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by avocado View Post
    i scream at the top of my lungs but you don't hear me.... are you just trying to forget about me? everything is a constant reminder of you.
    How come that sounds like an Evanescence song?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

    Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

  10. #90
    Senior Member HuangYushi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Under a pile of work ....
    Posts
    1,637

    Default

    The boss is finally getting rid of the crappy staff. They go on Monday, and new ones will come on Wednesday. Then, everyone who is still around (including the new ones) will get a much-needed (but long-overdue IMO) reminder on how not to be crappy ... at least for the next year.
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

  11. #91
    Senior Member HuangYushi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Under a pile of work ....
    Posts
    1,637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    I won the raw division, 83kg class of my local state powerlifting competition!
    Congratulations, mate! Well done!
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

  12. #92
    Junior Member avocado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    in your heart i hope
    Posts
    7

    Default

    you are the most importance piece of my puzzle; the piece that held everything together. in your laughter i found happiness. in your words i found reason. in your love i found hope, in your designer bag i found a quesadilla.
    89 days without you. are you keeping my soul safe?

  13. #93
    Senior Member xJadedx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,866

    Default

    I just finished watching both parts of Red Cliff yesterday. I personally really liked the movie, though parts of the graphics were really overdone.

    But, as much as I know a lot of the scenes are supposed to be serious and brotherly and stuff, I can't help noting the homoerotic contexts, like the scene where ZhuGe Liang met Sun Quan and the way they looked at each other. All I could think of was, "Please make out now."
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

  14. #94
    Senior Member LuNaR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    a place full of raymond fan, HELP!
    Posts
    6,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xJadedx View Post
    I just finished watching both parts of Red Cliff yesterday. I personally really liked the movie, though parts of the graphics were really overdone.

    But, as much as I know a lot of the scenes are supposed to be serious and brotherly and stuff, I can't help noting the homoerotic contexts, like the scene where ZhuGe Liang met Sun Quan and the way they looked at each other. All I could think of was, "Please make out now."
    lol john woo is famous for brotherly love
    SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS 2010 and 2012 CHAMPS

  15. #95
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    I won the raw division, 83kg class of my local state powerlifting competition!
    weight-lifting? Anyway, congrats.

  16. #96
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xJadedx View Post
    I just finished watching both parts of Red Cliff yesterday. I personally really liked the movie, though parts of the graphics were really overdone.

    But, as much as I know a lot of the scenes are supposed to be serious and brotherly and stuff, I can't help noting the homoerotic contexts, like the scene where ZhuGe Liang met Sun Quan and the way they looked at each other. All I could think of was, "Please make out now."
    Are they such nature historically?

  17. #97
    Senior Member LuNaR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    a place full of raymond fan, HELP!
    Posts
    6,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    I won the raw division, 83kg class of my local state powerlifting competition!
    gratssss .
    SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS 2010 and 2012 CHAMPS

  18. #98
    Senior Member Candide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    ( @ )( @ )
    Posts
    4,672

    Default

    Thanks guys.

    I do powerlifting which has 3 lifts: squat, bench press and deadlift.

    Weightlifting has 2 lifts: snatch and clean & jerk.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

    "I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

  19. #99
    Senior Member Dirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,239

    Default

    De-Moderator individuals who have not been to the message board in a very long time.

  20. #100
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    21,565

    Default

    Given my experience, I might have very little credibility in telling you what works, but also given my experience, I'm pretty certain that what you're trying *won't* work.

Similar Threads

  1. Random Thoughts of Wuxia
    By PJ in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 339
    Last Post: 08-05-14, 11:55 PM
  2. Random Thoughts -- about Love
    By PJ in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 04-17-13, 11:09 AM
  3. Random Thoughts
    By kay &!* in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 5269
    Last Post: 11-25-10, 02:07 AM
  4. Replies: 46
    Last Post: 03-17-10, 12:05 AM
  5. what are your thoughts on accented singing?
    By jiang bao in forum Music
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-05-08, 07:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts