Page 50 of 250 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960100150 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 5000

Thread: Random Thoughts II

Quote Originally Posted by HuangYushi View Post
    Ced, use the log and kick her out. Then, you don't have to keep the log and don't have to "take care" of your lovely assistant anymore. Two birds with one stone.
    ---
    Yushi, I know I'm being wussy about this but do you think I should hang in abit more before I do handover of that log?

Given that:-

She did the radio show for a good cause - helping to raise money for the poor Africans.

I was very upset this morning because she wasn't there again when our office experienced another power trip. My boss contacted me (maybe due to she's uncontactable) and I have to, yet again, jet down as soon as I could in a cab. My boss usually reach office early -- and he is quite easily jumpy, especially today since he needs to fly to KL.

She upset me again, in the late morning. She used our board room to do her private calls during a time when we will be having clients coming in in very short time, and I have told her about it an hour before.

Today, my boss gave me the green light to kick another misbehaving staff member out. Now, we have 4 vacancies and a steadily growing customer base to serve. What luck!
    Good for you, my friend!
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

my prayers to people in japan
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    Yushi, I know I'm being wussy about this but do you think I should hang in abit more before I do handover of that log?
    It's all up to you, actually. I made that suggestion so that you could stop keeping the log (thereby ending extra unnecessary work) and get rid of your annoyance at the same time. It's not about being or not being wussy.

But before you use the log, just test the waters, and make sure it's going to get the result you desire, especially if you see that there is no point keeping your annoyance anymore.

To illustrate: I kept a log for 3 staff members last year with the intention of using the details as reasons for termination, as stated in in their terms of employment. Although the boss agreed in principle that all 3 should be terminated, the final decision turned out a bit different. Staff #1 lost her job immediately; all of us senior staff agreed on it unanimously. Staff #2 did not get a unanimous termination; she was offered a different position on the condition that if she declined, she would be redundant at once. She declined, and was surprised/shocked that the company actually made her redundant. She did not think it would happen and insisted that it was unfair. Too bad; that was her own decision/choice. Staff #3 was demoted to a non-permanent position and turned into a "slot filler", which meant she had to do whatever that was assigned to her whether she liked it or not. If she didn't do the assigned work properly, it would be logged down against her.

So the point here is this: You probably have the only one chance to use the (contents of the) log, so you have to use it wisely. Also be prepared if results turn out different. Just make sure it doesn't backfire on you.

---

By the way, all three staff described above had their good points and saving graces, just like your annoyance and her contribution to the poor Africans. But when a person's pain/annoyance/inconvenience to colleagues and customers far outweighs the benefits he/she brings, it is time to consider moving the person out.
    Last edited by HuangYushi; 03-11-11 at 09:56 AM.
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

We are all used to SPAM messages. But this one sounded like a human more than most (until it started asking for $$).

The danger is that a virus first infects your computer, then it sends out this msg to your contact list, so your loved ones might think you're really in trouble (if they're not sensitive to SPAM).

I'm writing this with tears in
    >> my eyes,i came down here to London United Kingdom for a short
    >> vacation and got mugged at gun point last night at the park of the
    >> hotel where i lodged...All cash,credit cards and cell were stolen
    >> off me...I've been to the embassy and the Police here but they're
    >> not helping issues at all....But the good thing is that i still have
    >> my passport,my flight leaves today and I'm having problems settling
    >> the hotel bills...The hotel manager won't let me leave until i
    >> settle the hotel bills , all we need is ($1,750)but anything you
    >> could assist with now be helpful now... Am freaked out right now
    >> Please reply and let me if can you have the money wire to me through
    >> western union I'll surely get the money back to you in couple of
    >> days.
    Last edited by PJ; 03-11-11 at 11:01 AM.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

some girls are ****in PSYCHOS. i'm like... at lost for words. speechless.
    no wonder why some guys r so scared of girls.
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    I just heard about it this morning and just saw the pictures not too long ago. It's a sad sad situation.
    Less Than Perfect

Good wishes for people of Japan.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    Mine as well. Terribly devastating, and now with the fear of a nuclear meltdown hanging over their heads...
    玉木宏

blog

Tomorrow, I will go to my maternal niece's birthday party. My paternal uncle will also be there and I just know that he will ask me why I didn't go to his daughter's birthday party a couple of months ago AAAAHHHHHHH....maybe because Sweet Sixteen Birthday party is more important than a toddler's 3rd birthday? Of course, I won't tell him that.

Now that mom's not here, we're free to visit each side without her keeping tally marks to make sure our visits our evenly distributed. Oh no....I've gotten so used to not going anywhere...
    I like me.

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    Tomorrow, I will go to my maternal niece's birthday party. My paternal uncle will also be there and I just know that he will ask me why I didn't go to his daughter's birthday party a couple of months ago AAAAHHHHHHH....maybe because Sweet Sixteen Birthday party is more important than a toddler's 3rd birthday? Of course, I won't tell him that.

Now that mom's not here, we're free to visit each side without her keeping tally marks to make sure our visits our evenly distributed. Oh no....I've gotten so used to not going anywhere...
    Where has your mom gone to? So, you have a friend celebrating her 16th birthday?

The MoM will be in Cambodia for the entire month of March. She's not really on vacation, just checking up on her property. My niece [cousin's daughter] is celebrating her 16th birthday tomorrow. Wow, my niece is a young lady. I keep forgetting I also have a 21 year old nephew also.
    I like me.

New study. So, Lack of sleep make you more optimistic. I really need optimism now. Should I sleep less now? Is not enough sleep a cure for depression then?

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/lifestyle...timistic-study
    Last edited by kidd; 03-12-11 at 12:18 AM.

In terms of gambling, people don't get enough sleep because they play long sessions. They usually only play long sessions because they are losing (winners usually quit early because people are generally risk-averse.) And if they go a long session without winning they will think that they are destined to win eventually, so they will be more optimistic in risk-taking. Typical gambler's fallacy.

In the real world though, I always feel like shit when I don't get enough sleep and it makes me depressed.

Quote Originally Posted by devilz91 View Post
    In terms of gambling, people don't get enough sleep because they play long sessions. They usually only play long sessions because they are losing (winners usually quit early because people are generally risk-averse.) And if they go a long session without winning they will think that they are destined to win eventually, so they will be more optimistic in risk-taking. Typical gambler's fallacy.

In the real world though, I always feel like shit when I don't get enough sleep and it makes me depressed.
    i've gambled 2nights and 3days straight without any sleep. it was fun, because it wasn't my money that i was losing.

Whenever I start to suffer from sleep deprivation...I get really silly and seemingly inane and normally not funny things become hilarious. Or I get really cranky.
    I like me.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://gretachristina.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341bf68b53ef010536965844970b-800wi')

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    New study. So, Lack of sleep make you more optimistic. I really need optimism now. Should I sleep less now? Is not enough sleep a cure for depression then?

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/lifestyle...timistic-study
    nope, you need prozac....Lol (j/k)

oh wait, prozac doesn't always work i was told.
    o wilku mowa...♪

The only thing I need to know is that I don't know anything.

Speaking of sleep, I had one of my better sleeps last night. Yay.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Speaking of sleep, I had one of my better sleeps last night. Yay.
    Me too. :-)

My sympathy to Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucre View Post
    nope, you need prozac....Lol (j/k)

oh wait, prozac doesn't always work i was told.
    Never took prozac before. But, I know it doesn't work for everyone. That's why they have so many different type. If one doesn't work, try another.

But, some side effects are pretty scary.
    Last edited by kidd; 03-13-11 at 09:01 PM.