Page 66 of 250 FirstFirst ... 16565758596061626364656667686970717273747576116166 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 5000

Thread: Random Thoughts II

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    You know, I just figured out that my long hatred of pandas is of the same raison d'etre as Ken Cheng's hatred of YG.

From now on, I'm not going to hate Pandas any more.
    (Read: I'm not going to hate myself any more.)

Psychology is really interesting!!!!!!!!
    Any other hatred? Or all hatred gone?

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Any other hatred? Or all hatred gone?
    more hatred is floating around the world. Let's redirect them all to the desserts.

grep { "hatred" } WORLD 2 > & DESSERTS &
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    In what way are you similar to Pandas?
    both were kinda lazy, fat, stupid, and useless.

however, I am going to help myself, whereas they are not helping themselves.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    both were kinda lazy, fat, stupid, and useless.

however, I am going to help myself, whereas they are not helping themselves.
    Gambate!
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by milKBoi View Post
    Thanks to you I just bought a watch from him.

So now waiting for it to get delivered.
    Which piece caught your eyes? I got the Tissot T-race Automatic Chronograph.... prestigious and gorgeous piece, really.

I dealt with this guy named Luke (rep of that vendor), outside of eBay, so I saved on paying for unnecessary tax. Did you deal with him too? Outside or within eBay? I received my item within two days after which payment was made. The guy was alright, and doesn't display the cockyness as reflected in eBay comments.

Quote Originally Posted by HuangYushi View Post
    Please enlighten me: Why do you choose to buy things, e.g. a watch, from ebay when watches can be bought from stores near your home? I'm not being sarcastic or anything; I really want to know. I have bought stuff online but so far, these are limited to non-object purchases, e.g. software and services. I am still trying to understand the appeal of ebay versus, say, Land's End or Amazon.
    As Exodus mentioned - the prices and for the things that cannot be found locally. I'm a watch person, I can go on and on about watches as they are, to me, a piece of art above an object that tells time. I only favour automatic/winding watches as they have value; no quartz for me unless they are multifunctional (light source, diving meter, or any unique function). The one I've paid (from eBay) would have cost me nearly $2K if they are still on sale in here. That piece I've bought was from an earlier series, which is no longer on sale in here, and the later ones look much less impressive.

I'm both an occasional seller and frequent buyer on eBay. Haven't bought anything from Amazon so far as they may apply additional charges on top of what was paid online. I go for books over here: www.booksdepository.com - rather fast delivery and no delivery costs (you just pay for the book). They may not have the most updated books given the fact that most of their books are cheaper (or slightly) than those in stores, IMO.
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 04-19-11 at 06:37 AM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

"Please log in or register to attempt to access the page that cannot be found."

Very strange message.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

started looking for a new job. wish me success.

Good luck!
    I like me.

All the best! Which field are you in/looking for?
    玉木宏

blog

Any desire to become an operations and reporting associate for an asset management company? Developer or tech lead for same?

It's never dull around here... especially on a day like today with all hell breaking loose...
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    You: I survive somehow
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR

Quote Originally Posted by darkcser View Post
    Any desire to become an operations and reporting associate for an asset management company? Developer or tech lead for same?

It's never dull around here... especially on a day like today with all hell breaking loose...
    Hi darkcser! Your company seems to be hiring pretty often. Mine hires often too, but the law over here says we can only take citizens for our particular industry niche. That does reduce the pool quite significantly.

---

Going to the national museum today. Haven't been there since I was a kid.
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

On Friday, I'm going to go get a haircut to shoulder length. I think it's time to get a new hairstyle. I've had long hair for such a long time. My last haircut was late July 2010. And yet, my hair still doesn't grow as fast as some people. Only goes down to cover half my back. I think this time I'll ask them to take 3 inches off. Note to self: Take a picture of before and after.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    On Friday, I'm going to go get a haircut to shoulder length. I think it's time to get a new hairstyle. I've had long hair for such a long time. My last haircut was late July 2010. And yet, my hair still doesn't grow as fast as some people. Only goes down to cover half my back. I think this time I'll ask them to take 3 inches off. Note to self: Take a picture of before and after.
    Cool. I have short hair now and will probably never go back to long hair. Any particular place you gonna get it cut at?
    I like me.

Should I volunteer at a store (eg Oxfam) or keep looking for a part-time paying job?
    玉木宏

blog

Quote Originally Posted by junny View Post
    Should I volunteer at a store (eg Oxfam) or keep looking for a part-time paying job?
    What about finding a part time job and doing some part-time volunteering? Sometimes volunteering or interning can result in jobs too.

ByTme: I'm just going to go back to the hairstylist that did my hair last time. I thought she did good job and actually gave me good consultation. Some other haircutters they just cut your hair without even offering or really listening to your needs. She actually listened, repeated what she heard and also offered some suggestion. I had a hairstylist before her who I think everything has become like a habit for her that she doesn't really bring anything new to the table. I begin to feel like I'm just another head or customer for her to cut hair...while this girl she made me feel like in individual with different wants for a hairstyle and help me decide on a suitable hairstyle.

i'm going to miss my long hair...but I want a new refreshing look for myself.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I feel like getting a crew cut.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    O.O WTF??!
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    O.O WTF??!
    She might as well. Yang Guo rejected her and lived happily ever after with Xiao Long Nu. It's how she starts the school of E Mei.

Quote Originally Posted by HuangYushi View Post
    Hi darkcser! Your company seems to be hiring pretty often. Mine hires often too, but the law over here says we can only take citizens for our particular industry niche. That does reduce the pool quite significantly.
    Yeah, we currently have 6 open positions and we just had 3 new people start last week. When I started 6 years ago here we had a head count of 33 -now we're around 110.

It's pretty difficult to fill the positions because we only take experienced people with 5+ years with most in the 10+ years range. It's especially rigorous on the development side since we're looking for people skilled in SQL, C# and have financial/investment experience. Two out of three is uncommon and three out of three is rare.

We're not limited to citizens only but we don't sponsor visas, and they have to clear a security background check.
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    You: I survive somehow
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR

FB tells me that a few SPCNeters will be coming to Toronto ... interesting.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.