Page 73 of 250 FirstFirst ... 23636465666768697071727374757677787980818283123173 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 5000

Thread: Random Thoughts II

Westerners are still comparing every wuxia movie to Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon like it's the first ever wuxia movie and Ang Lee created the wuxia genre. It's been how many years already. Sheesh. CTHD is not even that good.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Westerners are still comparing every wuxia movie to Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon like it's the first ever wuxia movie and Ang Lee created the wuxia genre. It's been how many years already. Sheesh. CTHD is not even that good.
    EXACTLY!!!!! When I was watching CTHD 10 years ago in the theatre I wasn't even impressed. They just have so little exposure to the genre.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

AMEN! I was personally not very impressed with it either. I actually liked the spin off series much better haha
    I like me.

I can't stand CTHD either. Not only are there better wuxia films out there, Ang Lee has made better films too. It's like saying Kurosawa invented the samurai genre, but that's simply not true.
    玉木宏

blog

Am especially annoyed with comments like this in IMDB (Reign of Assassins board).

Comparing the merit of the 2 movies in the context of both being from the same genre is still acceptable. But, comments like the following is downright annoying and ignorant.

I must say, this movie was much better when Ang Lee made it.
    I liked it better when it was called "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon".
    What has ROA got to do with Ang Lee and CTHD? The only 2 things in common between ROA and CTHD are they both star Michelle Yeoh and both are in the same genre.

These 2 morons obviously belong to the group that think CTHD is the first wuxia movie and Ang Lee created the genre if they think ROA copied from CTHD.

One retort said it best. 'I liked spiderman better when it was called superman.'

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    EXACTLY!!!!! When I was watching CTHD 10 years ago in the theatre I wasn't even impressed. They just have so little exposure to the genre.
    LOL I thought exactly the same thing, however my gwailo friends thought it was super cool while I thought: I have seen better from TVB series produced in the 80s

CTHD is an excellent movie, unfortunately plagued by horrid Mandarin pronunciations.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Yes, I watched it a few years ago. It is quite a nice movie. From the entertainment perspective, it will be better if a more "wuxia-capable" baddie is used in the movie.
    Similarly for Reign of Assassins, it will be good if there is a fight between Leon (possibly the one with the best kungfu) and the baddie. (hopefully i got the movie right)

Thanks to Huang Yushi and Exodus on living life fully. :-)

This plot sounds like a great setup:

A Swedish gay couple adopt what they think is a 15-month-old orphan, only to meet their new son, a 15-year-old homophobic delinquent.

Fish sauce... Taste bud meltdown...

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    AMEN! I was personally not very impressed with it either. I actually liked the spin off series much better haha
    That's because the series version actually had some plot that made some coherent sense.

CTHD (movie) was good from an artistic perspective (nice scenery, cinematography, etc). The fighting scenes were not impressive, but at least somewhat stylistic. But the plot...wait, there was a plot?

It also didn't help that Li Mubai and Yu Xiulian looked like they can be Yu Jiaolong's parents....

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Similarly for Reign of Assassins, it will be good if there is a fight between Leon (possibly the one with the best kungfu) and the baddie. (hopefully i got the movie right)
    You mean Leon Lai? He's not is the movie.

Update: Sorry my mistake. There's a Leon in this movie. Just not Leon Lai but Leon Dai.
    Last edited by kidd; 05-16-11 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    That's because the series version actually had some plot that made some coherent sense.

CTHD (movie) was good from an artistic perspective (nice scenery, cinematography, etc). The fighting scenes were not impressive, but at least somewhat stylistic. But the plot...wait, there was a plot?

It also didn't help that Li Mubai and Yu Xiulian looked like they can be Yu Jiaolong's parents....
    My friend ask why Li Mubai and Yu Xiulian can't be together since no one is against their union and they love each other. What she said is kinda true. Not only that no one is against them. People around them even encourage them to be together. If looking at this perspective, the only obstacle they have is themselves. So, they created their own pain.

My friend ask why Li Mubai and Yu Xiulian can't be together since no one is against their union and they love each other. What she said is kinda true. Not only that no one is against them. People around them even encourage them to be together. If looking at this perspective, the only obstacle they have is themselves. So, they created their own pain.
    Sounds like WCY and LCY, except I like Li and Yu better as performed by CYF and Michlle Yeoh.

Of course it was themselves standing between themselves--like many stories that make you want to pull your hair out.
    I guess the guilt for the death of YXL's fiancee was too much for them to overcome. Those two silly birds.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Sounds like WCY and LCY, except I like Li and Yu better as performed by CYF and Michlle Yeoh.
    Nah, WCY and LCY is more due to WCY being an idiot and LCY being fed up.
    LMB and YXL was a both sided idiotic affair.
    Last edited by Ren Ying Ying; 05-15-11 at 11:13 PM.

Currently rummaging the wuxia translation thread for completed translation and converting them to MOBI format for my Kindle. Yeay, wuxia in my Kindle, awesome lol

just want to say thanks, mum for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by rosely View Post
    Currently rummaging the wuxia translation thread for completed translation and converting them to MOBI format for my Kindle. Yeay, wuxia in my Kindle, awesome lol
    I also read them like that.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    just want to say thanks, mum for everything.
    I regret never saying thank you to my mom, and I'm afraid I won't ever have the chance.