Page 83 of 250 FirstFirst ... 33737475767778798081828384858687888990919293133183 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 5000

Thread: Random Thoughts II

Just saw Shawshank Redemption and it was awesome! I haven't seen a movie where I so enjoyed the dialogue, characters and everything before--well in a long time. One of my fave parts of the movie is when he gets back at the warren and guards at the prison. That was brilliant.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    I'm not talking about any greatness that's a facade. Perhaps, I should reword it and say "excellence". I'm talking about working hard to live your life fully as possible and not letting it to waste away because someone I know is living everyday working in a job they don't like and neither feel appreciated. What do they do to change it? They don't. All they do is complain and complain. When I give them suggestions on trying to find a different job where they'd be happier, they just make excuses because they're probably not confident enough to get out there explore. They're not even willing to work at a different branch because they don't want readjust to a different store and go through the trouble of remembering the different store location's floor layout. So they rather be stuck working in a store location where they're under-appreciated and be miserable. Rather than work in a different location (same company) and may even have better supervisors that appreciate him. And I don't think he is truly making an effort to pursue things that make him happy...he doesn't stand up for himself by looking for a new job that fits him better, but instead just complains. And on top of it all, he lives in such a spoiled and sheltered lifestyle that he doesn't really strive and make efforts to achieve anything whether big or small.

I am born in to the world without the "silver spoon" so everything I have, I work hard and strive everyday to get what I want. It's just a pity for others who can't just get out of their comfort zone and work harder and endure more hardship to see the sweet rewards of their labor too. For those types of people, it will be harder for them to achieve anything because they can't accept failure and mostly expect to get everything right the first try. The types of people who have a really low level of endurance and procrastinates on anything that is good for them will seldom succeed in life or achieve the true happiness they seek.
    I agree that there is nothing more annoying than someone complaining about their life but not willing to change what makes them unhappy. But probably you shouldn't be so harsh on your friend, maybe he's just not voicing concerns like he really need the money now, or he's worried if he transfer he will be vulnerable if there is a lay-off because you're suddenly at the bottom of the totem pole.

But in general I feel there are many different metrics to measure a full life, success, or happiness. To each its own. I think that society pushes us too much in the race mode, e.g if we don't accomplish x, y, and z, by TIME then we're failing or falling behind.

Sometimes it's alright to stop or just go with the flow and enjoy life and enjoy our family and friends . I think Maggie Cheung once said that stopping is good, because only by stopping can we identify our future path. (This was due to her 2 year hiatus because of health reasons - and this statement really resonates with me.)

So angry right not it's not even funny. I cannot recall an incident where I was so upset and disappointed with another human being. [End Rant.]

I have 5 cavities gonna cost me 1,165USD...(((
    I like me.

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    How did you get 5 cavities?

Ah...up since 6am...so sleepy now.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

To settle or not to settle?

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    5 cavities is really a lot. Possibly have not visited the dentist for a long time.

I lost my home key at Berkalah waterfall. Anyone going there? If you find one key, that should be my home key.

^ I haven't been since like 2004! LOL ^

Damn it! I wanna be skinny!!
    I like me.

7 days without a random thought from anybody. That must be a record.

It's amazing how some people fail to understand that Facebook is a public space, and that so long you post something on it, it's PUBLIC INFORMATION to anyone with access to your account.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Forum users of Vietnamese descent, please help:

My colleague wants to her class to perform a Vietnamese Hat Dance during the school graduation ceremony in September. She has watched some videos on youtube and provided me with some information (I am coordinating the performances at the ceremony), so I would really appreciate it if forum users can help with some clarifications and queries:

(1) My colleague says that the song she has chosen for the dance is "Thương Quá Việt Nam". What does the title and the song mean? Can I buy it in mp3 format from an online music store? Or can anyone share it (via email) from their personal collection?

(2) We are in Malaysia and it's not really easy to get the hats themselves. We have tried asking another colleague who has many friends in the airline industry to help us, but she says the stopover in Vietnam is too short, so flight crews fly back to Malaysia as soon as the refueling/cleaning/loading is done. They don't leave the airport at all. Do you think that it is possible to have friends in Vietnam buy the hats and ship them over here? How much might that cost? Or should we just make the hats with stiff cardboard? I'm trying not to go with the "DIY" option as I think it would be really tacky.

(3) Then there's the question of the costume. Modified aodai (with buttons down the front instead of on one side) used to be quite popular in Malaysia a few years ago, but I don't see much of it in stores now. But I also saw a Vietnamese hat dance video in which the dancers were not wearing the long aodai with white pants but shorter normal-length blouses with black pants. Should we go the latter route?

(4) Is there anything that the dancers can wear on their heads? Or at least, any ideas for the girls to style their hair (i.e. what is a suitable hairstyle? Braids? Ponytail? Flowers? etc?)

Many thanks in advance for your help and suggestions. It is much appreciated.

HYS
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

I lost the gold chain I always wear on my right wrist!! (((((((
    I like me.

anyone here that have access to a M&A database?

My tinnitus come back and I cannot tune it out this time. I'm so upset. I don't want to go through this again. It's awful.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    My tinnitus come back and I cannot tune it out this time. I'm so upset. I don't want to go through this again. It's awful.
    Kidd, is this drumming of your ears? If so, my niece has this regularly too. What she does is very simple - go to some high places (e.g. 30-40 storey building). Open your mouth big a few times and it works for her.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Kidd, is this drumming of your ears? If so, my niece has this regularly too. What she does is very simple - go to some high places (e.g. 30-40 storey building). Open your mouth big a few times and it works for her.
    Not drumming, but other noise. Like mosquito sound + white noise. When I'm in enclosed places it becomes louder.
    When I first have it, I suffered for quite a long time until I slowly able to tune it out. It came back once in a while, but will go away very quickly. Don't know why this time, it's back to square one, stuck since yesterday morning. I wonder if it's physiological. Something change in my body?
    Last edited by kidd; 06-26-11 at 10:14 PM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Oh no that sounds so awful! Feel better soon.
    I like me.

Not drumming, but other noise. Like mosquito sound + white noise. When I'm in enclosed places it becomes louder.
    When I first have it, I suffered for quite a long time until I slowly able to tune it out. It came back once in a while, but will go away very quickly. Don't know why this time, it's back to square one, stuck since yesterday morning. I wonder if it's physiological. Something change in my body?
    Sound serious. May be good to consult the real doctors. Hopefully dr yittz/han solo see this. Or you can pm yittz for some advice - since he is quite active in the othe thread. Or you can revise our "ask doctor" thread.

Damn, Samsung Galaxy S II is an awesome phone. Even Sung Yuri in Romance Town using it :P. Bought it 4 weeks ago, online order (Clove) direct from UK to Malaysia. Haha, cannot wait coz it'll only release in Malaysia this week.

I got it for 3 weeks already. Already rooted it, overclock it to 1.6GHz from the original 1.2GHz dualcore - damn hot phone, literally lol. This phone is actually a mini linux after rooted which has it's own packet sniffer - awesome, wifi tether (open it and then sniff people's data lol), SSH login to other comp using Bluetooth keyboard. Except for pouring milk and cooking rice, this phone can do virtually anything haha.

Quote Originally Posted by HuangYushi View Post
    Forum users of Vietnamese descent, please help:

My colleague wants to her class to perform a Vietnamese Hat Dance during the school graduation ceremony in September. She has watched some videos on youtube and provided me with some information (I am coordinating the performances at the ceremony), so I would really appreciate it if forum users can help with some clarifications and queries:

(1) My colleague says that the song she has chosen for the dance is "Thương Quá Việt Nam". What does the title and the song mean? Can I buy it in mp3 format from an online music store? Or can anyone share it (via email) from their personal collection?

(2) We are in Malaysia and it's not really easy to get the hats themselves. We have tried asking another colleague who has many friends in the airline industry to help us, but she says the stopover in Vietnam is too short, so flight crews fly back to Malaysia as soon as the refueling/cleaning/loading is done. They don't leave the airport at all. Do you think that it is possible to have friends in Vietnam buy the hats and ship them over here? How much might that cost? Or should we just make the hats with stiff cardboard? I'm trying not to go with the "DIY" option as I think it would be really tacky.

(3) Then there's the question of the costume. Modified aodai (with buttons down the front instead of on one side) used to be quite popular in Malaysia a few years ago, but I don't see much of it in stores now. But I also saw a Vietnamese hat dance video in which the dancers were not wearing the long aodai with white pants but shorter normal-length blouses with black pants. Should we go the latter route?

(4) Is there anything that the dancers can wear on their heads? Or at least, any ideas for the girls to style their hair (i.e. what is a suitable hairstyle? Braids? Ponytail? Flowers? etc?)

Many thanks in advance for your help and suggestions. It is much appreciated.

HYS

Hi Yushi!

1) I've sent you a PM.

2) I don't think I'll be able to help you with this too much. I did a quick search on ebay and they're quite expensive...like $15 for one, which is a rip off, unfortunately.

3) The ao dai is the traditional outfit of Viet Nam and more specifically, Central Viet Nam. The shorter blouse and black pants outfit is what girls in South Viet Nam wear. I don't see too many dances using the latter outfit...most people consider it not formal enough I guess.

4) I think the beauty of the hat dance is based on the idea of the ideal Vietnamese beauty: simple ao dai with long flowing hair, which is why for most of these dances, the girls usually keep their hair down and simple. I would probably stay away from ponytails and braids. But I certainly don't see anything wrong with some little flowers weaved into their hair, if they'd like.

Perhaps Candide can help you out a bit more. =)