Page 84 of 250 FirstFirst ... 34747576777879808182838485868788899091929394134184 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 5000

Thread: Random Thoughts II

Currently eating some instant ramen noodles. Every once in a while ramen noodles just hits the spot. Though I wish some of that tom yum flavor. All we have at home is tht Nongshin chicken flavor.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Currently eating some instant ramen noodles. Every once in a while ramen noodles just hits the spot. Though I wish some of that tom yum flavor. All we have at home is tht Nongshin chicken flavor.
    I TOTALLY AGREE!!! I also love love love the tom yum flavor. I've been dieting though and can't get too much those carbs..but yummy I love noodles!

Remember when we went to the Thai rest and all of us loved spicy food! LOL My kind of women!
    I like me.

The mama brand ones?

I didn't know nongshim even made chicken flavor nodles...

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    I TOTALLY AGREE!!! I also love love love the tom yum flavor. I've been dieting though and can't get too much those carbs..but yummy I love noodles!

Remember when we went to the Thai rest and all of us loved spicy food! LOL My kind of women!
    That's why you should share a packet or bowl with someone so you won't have to eat the entire bowl of the ramen.

of course, I remember, its only been like a month ago...we should meet up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    The mama brand ones?

I didn't know nongshim even made chicken flavor nodles...
    Yeah. I haven't had those mama brand ones for a while. There's also a brand where it comes in a plastic bowl and a bowl cover. I tried some on Saturday...was a spicy one too...but don't know what the brand is called.

Nongshim makes chicken flavor ramen...its the one in the bowls, not the cups.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

^^ Well, at least they're making the job easier for us by concentrating on one subforum instead of multiple subforums here. Makes it easier to purge them in one sweep.

Quote Originally Posted by jadebunny9 View Post
    2) I don't think I'll be able to help you with this too much. I did a quick search on ebay and they're quite expensive...like $15 for one, which is a rip off, unfortunately.
    Thanks. We are looking around for local alternatives. We have something here (also made of leaves) that is called "tudung saji" (basically "food cover"), but it is usually colourful instead of plain/white. We are thinking of using that.

3) The ao dai is the traditional outfit of Viet Nam and more specifically, Central Viet Nam. The shorter blouse and black pants outfit is what girls in South Viet Nam wear. I don't see too many dances using the latter outfit...most people consider it not formal enough I guess.
    My colleague came up with this idea today: If we can't get anything long, we'll get the shorter blouse and add a section of matching lace below it to make it long enough. Sounds good to me!

4) I think the beauty of the hat dance is based on the idea of the ideal Vietnamese beauty: simple ao dai with long flowing hair, which is why for most of these dances, the girls usually keep their hair down and simple. I would probably stay away from ponytails and braids. But I certainly don't see anything wrong with some little flowers weaved into their hair, if they'd like.
    Thanks for the idea. I'll need to remember to post/send pics of the final look after the performance in September.
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

I prefer the real ramen, especially the soup. Heard that in Tokyo, the Japanese goes more for the soup than the noodles.

Do you have this brand in the US?
    Kamfen/Lechu website.
    Some of the varieties are shown in the main picture.
    I like their Sichuan noodles (unfortunately not in the picture).

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    I prefer the real ramen, especially the soup. Heard that in Tokyo, the Japanese goes more for the soup than the noodles.
    I don't really like ramen soup. I think it tastes weirdly salty. Maggi mee soup tastes better.
    Soon ... SOON!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    The SPCNET Off-Topic Forum...where SPAM comes to die.
    Every time I see them, I just feel like deleting them. But no power. Anyway, better not or I need to be responsible.

Quote Originally Posted by HuangYushi View Post
    Do you have this brand in the US?
    Kamfen/Lechu website.
    Some of the varieties are shown in the main picture.
    I like their Sichuan noodles (unfortunately not in the picture).

I don't really like ramen soup. I think it tastes weirdly salty. Maggi mee soup tastes better.
    I don't know Yushi, I'd have to look. The H-Mart, korean supermarket has a variety of instant ramen noodles they may or may not have it.

If I am ever in Japan, I would try their katsu-udon and other udon noodles. There's a number of Japanese dishes I'd like to try authentically...only get to taste them at the National Cherry Blossom festival every spring here.

Hm...that makes me think that I should of tried udon when I was in Tokyo.
    I like me.

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    Hm...that makes me think that I should of tried udon when I was in Tokyo.
    I went to Honey Pig, the Korean BBQ restaraunt in Annandale,VA some time ago, they serve udon noodle soup...it was decently good. I generally like anything soupy. Minus those liver, congealed blood, intestine congee soups. Could never bring myself to eat it. Though I do like pate. Liver on its own w/ no flavor is yucky.

I don't know Yushi, I'd have to look. The H-Mart, korean supermarket has a variety of instant ramen noodles they may or may not have it.
    Kamfen/Lechu is from China, not Korea. The main reason I like them is this: They are quite fast to cook, but not as fast as instant noodles, and they actually taste like they are not "instant" at all. (No Hong Kong "gong-zai-meen" look/taste).

If I am ever in Japan, I would try their katsu-udon and other udon noodles. There's a number of Japanese dishes I'd like to try authentically...only get to taste them at the National Cherry Blossom festival every spring here.
    Reminds me of country-linked festivals and promotions that took place regularly in the malls in Singapore while I was living there years ago. I enjoyed these festivals because I got to meet real foreigners from different countries (usually expats and their families, so communication wasn't too difficult) and I got to eat authentic foods and buy authentic goods from these places without having to fly all the way there!

I went to Honey Pig, the Korean BBQ restaraunt in Annandale,VA some time ago, they serve udon noodle soup...it was decently good. I generally like anything soupy. Minus those liver, congealed blood, intestine congee soups. Could never bring myself to eat it. Though I do like pate. Liver on its own w/ no flavor is yucky.
    "Honey Pig" ... haha! That's cute, but never would I have associated with a Korean BBQ restaurant! I visited a Korean restaurant several weeks ago with my family. It was staffed by real Koreans who couldn't really speak English, but they appreciated that we enjoyed their food and that we wanted to know more about the contents of the dessert that they served us at the end of the meal. The experience was nice ... but turned out to be pricey!

I used to like pig liver as a kid; enjoyed it most stir-fried with sliced onions, soya sauce and ground pepper. But pig liver tastes and smells weird nowadays, so I don't eat it anymore. In fact, offal tastes and smells weirder these days compared to the past; perhaps it's something in the feed that the animals get.
    Soon ... SOON!

I used to like pig liver as a kid; enjoyed it most stir-fried with sliced onions, soya sauce and ground pepper. But pig liver tastes and smells weird nowadays, so I don't eat it anymore. In fact, offal tastes and smells weirder these days compared to the past; perhaps it's something in the feed that the animals get.
    I prefer pig liver soup. Have it once in a while.

Kamfen/Lechu is from China, not Korea. The main reason I like them is this: They are quite fast to cook, but not as fast as instant noodles, and they actually taste like they are not "instant" at all. (No Hong Kong "gong-zai-meen" look/taste).
    Reminds me of country-linked festivals and promotions that took place regularly in the malls in Singapore while I was living there years ago. I enjoyed these festivals because I got to meet real foreigners from different countries (usually expats and their families, so communication wasn't too difficult) and I got to eat authentic foods and buy authentic goods from these places without having to fly all the way there!
    "Honey Pig" ... haha! That's cute, but never would I have associated with a Korean BBQ restaurant! I visited a Korean restaurant several weeks ago with my family. It was staffed by real Koreans who couldn't really speak English, but they appreciated that we enjoyed their food and that we wanted to know more about the contents of the dessert that they served us at the end of the meal. The experience was nice ... but turned out to be pricey!
    No. H-Mart offers Korean, Chinese, Vietnamese and other pan-Asian food, it's not solely Korean. They have a variety of ramen noodles, prepackaged udon, prepacked miso soup, and many more stuff from different Asian cultures.

Eating at Korean restaraunts are pricey as Japanese.

For this year, I have misplaced my home key three times (found them after some search) and lost one (during trekking).

Going to see David Choi concert. Should be fun.

The one that is famous on Youtube? Have an awesome time!
    Less Than Perfect

You're dating my brother! Stop makin' insulting comments about your ex's dates on FB! oh my gawd. You made my brother swear not to use FB...is this why? You still use it!!!
    I like me.