Page 92 of 250 FirstFirst ... 42828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102142192 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 5000

Thread: Random Thoughts II

My brother said that someone told him he was being racist because he prefers to date white girls. My brother laughed.

That's all.
    I like me.

what? you're brother's crazy. asian girls are the best.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Are you one of them, aspire to be one of them and have one of them?
    http://sg.yahoo.matchmove.com/news/a...yond-the-grave

I totally wasted what I studied in uni. Feel so ashamed.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    ...you got a degree, right? I know lots of people who just went to college for the sake of getting a degree. While I would never think or hope of you or anyone to be like that. But...it happens. Perhaps you will find your education will help you in other parts of your life or further in your years.
    I like me.

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    ...you got a degree, right? I know lots of people who just went to college for the sake of getting a degree. While I would never think or hope of you or anyone to be like that. But...it happens. Perhaps you will find your education will help you in other parts of your life or further in your years.
    Well, it's better to be a college/uni graduate than just a high school graduate.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Okay. So what did I miss here? Been internet-free for the past 2-3 days.

Oh man, dinner was yummy.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Rather we should treat what we study as learning. The purpose of education is to make a better person. So, ask yourself whether you are a better person as a result of your uni study.

I used to have never been attracted to South East Asian women and never wanted to date them. My friends called me the Chinese Nazi. Now I'm married to the most wonderful, most beautiful South East Asian woman in the world. Things change, people change. Why limit yourself?

I was away for the weekend and I come back to a very funny topic about "evil Manchurian princes" and the "poor Han girls". I really don't know what to say, but skimming through the thread I find myself giggling and snickering. I wonder if I should comment?

Tiger Balm! Tiger Balm! Ah, pain reliever.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 08-02-11 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    I was away for the weekend and I come back to a very funny topic about "evil Manchurian princes" and the "poor Han girls". I really don't know what to say.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://professorstacy.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/don-quixote-windmill.gif?w=401&h=341')

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://professorstacy.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/don-quixote-windmill.gif?w=401&h=341')
    Another Don Quixote added to the SPCNET mix, what else is new?

Learn a new word.

怙恃 (hushi) - parents.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Work was horrible today! Wish things were more organized in the front office.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Was scrolling through the thread about evil Manchurian Princes and it got me thinking about the Nanjing Massacre. I think a lot of points brought up in that discussion relates to the events at Nanjing during WWII. There are plenty of publications and accounts of what happened during that period; and I don't want to insist which historical account is more "true." History is written by the victors. And I really have no first hand account of what happened. But I'm sure we all have our own idea of what we believed to have happened.

As to the sentiment that we should let bygone be bygones. Should we leave the past behind us and look towards the future. Is it enough that the information is available and people can come to their own conclusions? Or should a formal acknowledgment of the events be demanded to bring closure to the families affected. I think this travesty being unacknowledged is a greater injustice than poor han girls.

Not to make light of the events during WWII, just my random thought of the day.

Forgive but not forget?

Work is getting stressful.

Going for a walk. Bathe and sleep. Tonight.
    Tomorrow will be a busy day. Possibly will miss spcnet.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzaku View Post
    Was scrolling through the thread about evil Manchurian Princes and it got me thinking about the Nanjing Massacre. I think a lot of points brought up in that discussion relates to the events at Nanjing during WWII. There are plenty of publications and accounts of what happened during that period; and I don't want to insist which historical account is more "true." History is written by the victors. And I really have no first hand account of what happened. But I'm sure we all have our own idea of what we believed to have happened.

As to the sentiment that we should let bygone be bygones. Should we leave the past behind us and look towards the future. Is it enough that the information is available and people can come to their own conclusions? Or should a formal acknowledgment of the events be demanded to bring closure to the families affected. I think this travesty being unacknowledged is a greater injustice than poor han girls.

Not to make light of the events during WWII, just my random thought of the day.
    I was going to write something about history written by the victors, but I think whoever's talking about Evil Manchurian princes is not looking for an real discussion.

Any history book will be filled with truths and half-truths. The complete truth is only known by the person who were eye-witnesses. And yet, when they take part in the recording of history books, are they really relating everything as it happens or altering some parts in their favor? We may never know the whole truth, but I think people should learn from history and learn to let go of the past and not allow grudges to be held in their hearts. I certainly don't wish any of the tragedies of history to repeat itself, because their predecessors were enemies with the neighboring family or other countries. Desendants shouldn't pay for what their ancestors did, but if an apology is necessary, it can be said. People should acknowledge it as the past history, but take it as a lesson, they shouldn't do or repeat, and try to be part of a more peaceful world.

What to do today?

I can't believe ppl are actually taking that "evil manchurian prince" thread seriously....