Page 98 of 250 FirstFirst ... 48888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108148198 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,960 of 5000

Thread: Random Thoughts II

I hate the rule here that gay Asians can only be friends with one another, but not date. I happen to be the only Gaysian who likes Asians. All my Gaysian friends go for white guys. What a pity.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Going to bed. Sweet dreams everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    LOL. I don't have such high ambitions. I'm just happy with a work reference. I must start on my interviewing skills. You know, now that I think of it... I don't have very many professional skills. Every place I've been to in my life, professionally and academically, has been sort of...paved by God.

Shout out to Yushi and Cedrey: I <3 you guys!
    Accumulating work references/experiences is essential, imo. Well done, Buddy! I'm glad for you. Sorry, I wanted to keep up with you on update of your Resume but I was getting busy and keep forgetting to email you to ask you how it is going. I'm glad you are invited to their interview.

Have some faith in yourself; you could aim higher as you progress on. You are intelligent and witty, I believe you will do well.

Quote Originally Posted by HuangYushi View Post
    Er ... aren't you (and I) Chinese?
    I might ask, where do these Chinese come from. Sounds like they flew over their US to work on some sort of project. People who are geographically different, adapt to different system for work.

From my past experiences: my ex-ex-boss (local Indian - Tamil) handles things very differently from my ex-bosses (expats - North Indians). The former is very rigid while the latter is way too liberal and complained our local rules are too rigid for their taste.
    __________________________________________________ _______

I hope rejecting the offer from Drew & Napier would not be a grave mistake. The offer is so attractive, but on an integrity basis, I had to let it go. The HR guy is so kind too I feel very bad rejecting that offer.

Should I drop him an email telling him I'm thankful and hope to join them in future when I have more polished skills?
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    I hate the rule here that gay Asians can only be friends with one another, but not date. I happen to be the only Gaysian who likes Asians. All my Gaysian friends go for white guys. What a pity.
    There's such a rule? Not in california as far as i can tell.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    I hope rejecting the offer from Drew & Napier would not be a grave mistake. The offer is so attractive, but on an integrity basis, I had to let it go. The HR guy is so kind too I feel very bad rejecting that offer.

Should I drop him an email telling him I'm thankful and hope to join them in future when I have more polished skills?
    Since you've already rejected the offer, I won't ask you further about it. But having fewer "polished skills" right now as opposed to "more" in the future, should not be the basis of rejecting jobs, since jobs would have been offered to you by employers in accordance with your current skills and experience.
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

Just say you appreciate the offer and hope you will have the opportunity to work with them in the future. Don't go emo on them.
    玉木宏

blog

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n View Post
    There's such a rule? Not in california as far as i can tell.
    Another reason to move there!

Since you've already rejected the offer, I won't ask you further about it. But having fewer "polished skills" right now as opposed to "more" in the future, should not be the basis of rejecting jobs, since jobs would have been offered to you by employers in accordance with your current skills and experience.
    Ok, 'polished skills' was probably a lousy excuse to turn down the offer because I had already accepted (impulsively jumped into, actually) another offer. I already did before I went for the interview at D & N. I went for that interview because I wanted to brush up my interview skills (given that I'm quite bad at it) and it actually went very well. D & N approached me too late or I would definitely take on, knowing that they are one of the top 5 law firms in SG - it would be such a great opportunity to work in there. I admit, I'm guilty for fishing on that guy from D & N. This current firm that I'm in, is a massive firm as well but in size only currently. The many lawyers were from one big law firm (one of the top 5 firms in SG too), and they just went separate ways because they had different vision for the growth of the organisation.

Quote Originally Posted by junny View Post
    Just say you appreciate the offer and hope you will have the opportunity to work with them in the future. Don't go emo on them.
    Yeah, I was kinda emo given the guilt in me as the D & N guy was really helpful and sincere to bring me on board, and even share insights with me on the highly possible economy downturn. I had already rejected D & N's offer on the phone on Thursday but pretty abruptly, the purpose of the email is sort of a follow-up to conclude it all nicely as I trully look forward to apply for work in there after a few years with the current firm. And who knows, I may not last long in here for one reason or another, let alone a few years. So, I also don't wish to break the bridge.

I would admit that I am ambitious - I'd like to aim for huge setups.
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 08-20-11 at 11:16 AM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

let me see. ok, i know what to do.

Yeah, I was kinda emo given the guilt in me as the D & N guy was really helpful and sincere to bring me on board, and even share insights with me on the highly possible economy downturn. I had already rejected D & N's offer on the phone on Thursday but pretty abruptly, the purpose of the email is sort of a follow-up to conclude it all nicely as I trully look forward to apply for work in there after a few years with the current firm. And who knows, I may not last long in here for one reason or another, let alone a few years. So, I also don't wish to break the bridge.

I would admit that I am ambitious - I'd like to aim for huge setups.
    Of course he'd be nice and helpful, he was trying to recruit you. He wouldn't have given a damn if you didn't fit his hiring criteria. Like I said, just reply nicely and thank him for offering you a position (that you were unable to accept) and for making the interview process a pleasant one for you. Then add that you hope there will be a chance to work WITH the firm (not FOR the firm) in the future. Maybe leave your email for future contact. Basically, keep it short, sweet and professional. You want to leave a good impression, not a blubbering one. It's nice that you want to work there in the future, but there's no point airing your guilt to the recruiter. He likely doesn't care. He may not even be there by the time you're ready to move, and who knows, maybe a better offer from a better firm might come for you then.

If you're aiming really high, target A&G.
    Last edited by junny; 08-21-11 at 05:24 AM.
    玉木宏

blog

Who are the stupid idiots that come up with ridiculous password requirements for various computer systems? Yeah, we are really gonna remember 20 random passwords (because each system has a different, often conflicting, requirement). We end up having to write them down b/c that's the only way we'll remember them. So, the password requirement creators have made everything LESS secure.

Selfish bastards, they don't care about the user experience.
    Last edited by PJ; 08-21-11 at 10:03 PM.

Why is the Mona Lisa painting so famous? What special quality i has over other great paintings?
    Last edited by kidd; 08-21-11 at 11:55 PM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Someone emailed me today asking where to buy the book called "Mystical Skill of Northern Darkness", the title of which was my translation of 北冥神功 from DGSD.
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

Someone emailed me today asking where to buy the book called "Mystical Skill of Northern Darkness", the title of which was my translation of 北冥神功 from DGSD.
    I have one. But, inside is just blank pages. It's a notebook.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    I have one. But, inside is just blank pages. It's a notebook.
    kidd, are you excited with regard to the outcome of our game?

Just found out that one of my favorite snacks, sunflower seeds, may be a cause of my pervasive allergy. It causes a terrible itch on the tip of my nose whenever I eat it, which makes me think they may be the cause of my other, more serious, allergies too. Only one way to find out: stop eating them and see if it gets better.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    kidd, are you excited with regard to the outcome of our game?
    Don't even know what the outcome is! Except that kidd is probably dead and I am still alive.
    I like me.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Just found out that one of my favorite snacks, sunflower seeds, may be a cause of my pervasive allergy. It causes a terrible itch on the tip of my nose whenever I eat it, which makes me think they may be the cause of my other, more serious, allergies too. Only one way to find out: stop eating them and see if it gets better.
    Oh no! I also <3 sunflower seeds! Had to stop eating them because of my adult braces and propensity towards holding onto water weight.
    I like me.

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    Oh no! I also <3 sunflower seeds! Had to stop eating them because of my adult braces and propensity towards holding onto water weight.
    they grow sunflowers in your tummy

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    they grow sunflowers in your tummy
    what? you so crazy..haha...
    I like me.