Thread: Random Thoughts II

  1. #4641
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    6,630

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    I just found this on youtube. I remember watching it live on TV when I was younger. Even now it cracks me up!

    lol is that francis and tony leung?
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

    Entries due July 31st, 2016!

  2. #4642
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    33

    Default


  3. #4643
    Senior Member skoo78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jadebunny9 View Post
    Pokemon Go is a rather addicting game. Go Team Mystic!
    Team Valor!
    Sim neej aws...

  4. #4644
    Senior Member skoo78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    faith send ur recording in haha, and get more ppl to enter the spcnet idol
    Yes. I will.. Lol. I still have until the 31st. How many entries so far?
    Sim neej aws...

  5. #4645
    Senior Member charbydis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    White Camel Mountain
    Posts
    6,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    lol is that francis and tony leung?
    Yes. First group is: Anita Mui, Francis Ng and Tong Leung Chiu Wai. Second group is Teresa Mo, Liu Wai Hung and Jacqueline Law. It is quite a gem.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

  6. #4646
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    6,630

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skoo78 View Post
    Yes. I will.. Lol. I still have until the 31st. How many entries so far?
    not too much, submit submit submit!
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

    Entries due July 31st, 2016!

  7. #4647
    Senior Member charbydis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    White Camel Mountain
    Posts
    6,138

    Default

    Small inexpensive stone fell out of new pendant. Too lazy to fly to the UK to get it fixed. Would a jeweller help me replace it or would they refuse because it is not a diamond?

  8. #4648
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    6,630

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Small inexpensive stone fell out of new pendant. Too lazy to fly to the UK to get it fixed. Would a jeweller help me replace it or would they refuse because it is not a diamond?
    look for 1 on ebay, prob cheaper than fixing
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

    Entries due July 31st, 2016!

  9. #4649
    Senior Member charbydis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    White Camel Mountain
    Posts
    6,138

    Default

    Need advice. Dad said bank can lower my home loan's interest rate by a little but have to use his relation in the bank. Good thing is that overall, i will have to pay less over the years. Bad news that i will never hear the end of it for the rest of my life and people around me will say that i need to depend on my family for everything and it will be added to the list of what i owe dad when an argument ensues. In a dilemma now, finance vs pride.

  10. #4650
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    3,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Need advice. Dad said bank can lower my home loan's interest rate by a little but have to use his relation in the bank. Good thing is that overall, i will have to pay less over the years. Bad news that i will never hear the end of it for the rest of my life and people around me will say that i need to depend on my family for everything and it will be added to the list of what i owe dad when an argument ensues. In a dilemma now, finance vs pride.
    Get rid of your pride. In Asian culture, a child is always a child.

  11. #4651
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    6,630

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Need advice. Dad said bank can lower my home loan's interest rate by a little but have to use his relation in the bank. Good thing is that overall, i will have to pay less over the years. Bad news that i will never hear the end of it for the rest of my life and people around me will say that i need to depend on my family for everything and it will be added to the list of what i owe dad when an argument ensues. In a dilemma now, finance vs pride.
    Since ur pride is already ruined by other things then mine as well add 1 more to it. If u had a clean list then I'd take the financial hit lol

  12. #4652
    Senior Member ByTmE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    District of Columbia
    Posts
    1,014

    Default

    Did anybody miss me?

    This week I started and ended 2 Facebook "discussions." I think that I really like to "debate."

    Today, I attended an event and behaved rudely. I basically cat called, "ooooooooooh"--ed and "ahhhhhhhhhh"--ed, gasped, and exclaimed loudly at fellow students' performances. It helped to pass the time during an event I was forced to attend. People shot me ugly looks, but I oddly do not feel bad.
    I like me.

  13. #4653
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    3,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    Did anybody miss me?

    This week I started and ended 2 Facebook "discussions." I think that I really like to "debate."

    Today, I attended an event and behaved rudely. I basically cat called, "ooooooooooh"--ed and "ahhhhhhhhhh"--ed, gasped, and exclaimed loudly at fellow students' performances. It helped to pass the time during an event I was forced to attend. People shot me ugly looks, but I oddly do not feel bad.
    Hi ByTmE. A number has not visiting forum too. off-hand, I can think of Candide, Han Solo.

  14. #4654
    Senior Member skoo78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    256

    Default

    I am not going to buy meat from the store now. I'll just butcher my meat and bake. SMH...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxCT...&feature=share
    Last edited by skoo78; 07-31-16 at 10:08 PM.
    Sim neej aws...

  15. #4655
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    3,116

    Default

    Have been volunteering in this temple for six months. It is a good experience - peaceful (especially the afternoons), patience (sweeping the leaves) and healthy food.

  16. #4656
    Senior Member charbydis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    White Camel Mountain
    Posts
    6,138

    Default

    Thanks for your advice earlier, guy! I sent off the paperwork and see if it gets approved.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

  17. #4657
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    3,116

    Default

    Dad has left us for seven years. Possibly the biggest virtue which I hear from him is tolerance.

  18. #4658
    Senior Member skoo78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    256

    Default

    Friday is suppose to be my rest day, but I cannot even rest because of all these appointments with my clients. Running zombie mode with 1 hour of sleep only.
    Sim neej aws...

  19. #4659
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    3,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skoo78 View Post
    Friday is suppose to be my rest day, but I cannot even rest because of all these appointments with my clients. Running zombie mode with 1 hour of sleep only.
    Very dangerous sleeping time.
    Sleep 6-7 hours. This week my sleeping time is quite erratic too. Yesterday, I slept about fours hours. Hope to catch up today on my sleep.

  20. #4660
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    3,116

    Default

    Good-nite. Plan to sleep soon.

Similar Threads

  1. Random Thoughts of Wuxia
    By PJ in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 363
    Last Post: 03-04-16, 04:35 AM
  2. Random Thoughts -- about Love
    By PJ in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 08-04-15, 01:52 PM
  3. Random Thoughts
    By kay &!* in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 5269
    Last Post: 11-25-10, 02:07 AM
  4. Replies: 46
    Last Post: 03-17-10, 12:05 AM
  5. what are your thoughts on accented singing?
    By jiang bao in forum Music
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-05-08, 07:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •