Page 45 of 250 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647484950515253545595145 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Thoughts II

remember_Cedric, maybe you tag, "Do not touch. Your name".

Quote Originally Posted by kay &!* View Post
    hahaha. this is quite funny...
    but u should really set her straight. you have too much patience, i think i would have killed her a long time ago
    LOL Yes, it is, I must agree. I was speechless and somehow giving a priceless helpless grin while shaking my head as I looked at her gluttony.

Maybe I should kill her... lol she's so thickskinned and rude. I have been patient with her because I think, she hasn't been taught 'discipline and manners' at home. I've noticed that from the way she liaised with our colleagues at work. She doesn't know the formality and all. She doesn't observe the rules and regulations.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    She's not greedy, just rude and inconsiderate.

She reminds me of a student of my housemate. I was reading a manga and the kid just said 'Can I read it?' and took away the manga from my hands before I even have time to answer. Maybe in her home, everyone is obliging. So, whenever she ask for something she will get. So, in her mind, it's ok to take after asking.
    Yes, I think it's an upbringing problem. This person I'm dealing with is a westernised Tamil-Indian who seems to be very much exposed to stray life and lack of proper parenting and basic manners. From the conversation we had before, I know the people whom she called friends are Africans, Nigerians and mostly the black folks. I've met one of her friends, an Nigerian guy about her age. I'm not at all implying she's rude because she mixed with those people, but rather, I think she adopted the kind of "do everything freely without discipline" attitude. And, I had openly asked her if she is in need of money or something - she said No, not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    remember_Cedric, maybe you tag, "Do not touch. Your name".
    I would take that into consideration. But I'll be doing alot of labelling, for my other colleagues as well.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Default :-)

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    Yes, the same girl who finishes our supply in the pantry, consuming the food in pantry as lunch. Yes again, *poof* my dinner gone in 90 seconds.

Tell me about it. I didn't know I have to teach her so many things, including manners. She's 22. So, on the account of being young, I try not to be too harsh on her.
    Well she's not young enough to behave in this manner, but young enough to receive sound advice from a senior person. You should do her a favor by scolding her about her inconsiderate and gluttonish ways.

Try launching into a long lecture about why it's not right to steal somebody else lunch, of course in the nicest tone you can't, after all she's just a 'kid' that needs your 'coaching' about basic etiquette yeah? If she still isn't embarrassed after all that tell her,

"You know what, because of your selfishness I shall go hungry tonight. But I can forgive you if you're willing to admit your mistake and buy me dinner."

Even if she's not embarrassed she would be forced to deal with your 'attacks' but on your part just smile and leave it there. It's not important whether she treats you.

At least if she dislike your lecture she might think twice before taking ur food in case she gets trapped by another long winded granny lecture.
    o wilku mowa...♪

The only thing I need to know is that I don't know anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucre View Post
    Well she's not young enough to behave in this manner, but young enough to receive sound advice from a senior person. You should do her a favor by scolding her about her inconsiderate and gluttonish ways.

Try launching into a long lecture about why it's not right to steal somebody else lunch, of course in the nicest tone you can't, after all she's just a 'kid' that needs your 'coaching' about basic etiquette yeah? If she still isn't embarrassed after all that tell her,

"You know what, because of your selfishness I shall go hungry tonight. But I can forgive you if you're willing to admit your mistake and buy me dinner."

Even if she's not embarrassed she would be forced to deal with your 'attacks' but on your part just smile and leave it there. It's not important whether she treats you.

At least if she dislike your lecture she might think twice before taking ur food in case she gets trapped by another long winded granny lecture.
    Thanks, and yeah.

I have been giving her talks on other matters, but less in lecture manner, and it's afterwork or when my other colleagues are cleared out of office to avoid any possible embarrassment which may caused her. She tells me some things and hid some. I think she needs a very long time to digest my teachings for her, and I need to spend lots of patience with her. She told me she's keen to learn, so I'll often remind her that.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

I heard there is a saying that you never touch a black man's radio or his food.

Somehow MR. Ced you need to get that messege across to her except the problem is your not black.

YEs this is another of my useless post.

Enjoy!!
    ~ I'm so awesome.. the greatest ever after Kobe!! ~
    ~ aka Mini T-mac here ~

I'm sorry that your dinner was eaten by your ill-mannered colleague. From this point on, you should not be so nice anymore. Just give her what she deserves *bluntly*.

Greedy colleague (Yes, that newbie....again): I'm so hungry~~ (during after working hour) [walks to pantry]
    Me:[Ignored her and continue doing work at my cubicle but I heard the plastic bag sound.... and immediately, I recalled my 2nd MacSpicy double is on the loose....]

Greedy colleague: Did you bought this for us?
    Me: [pretend I never hear while thinking of something polite for a rebuttal]

G C: (my name) [tried her luck again] Did you bought this for us....?
    Me: [frowning then raised one of my eyebrows] Who is this *us*? Actually, no. That's my dinner.

G C: Can I have it? I'm so hungry.... (opens the box and touches the burger before I could say anything)
    Me: -_-!!!
    At this point, you should have jumped out of your seat and shouted "NO, DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH MY BURGER!!!" And since she acted like a spoiled 2-year-old, you should have just stalked over, snatched the burger from her and unleash your frustrations about her attitude, etc, there and then.
    E.g. "What's wrong with you? Didn't you hear me? I said NO! How can you be so rude?! Didn't your parents teach you any manners?!"

She might be a bit taken aback, but don't give her a chance to answer. Walk away at once, go to your desk and immediately write an email to all your colleagues about the incident, warning them to keep an eye on their food, snacks, stationery, money, purse/wallet, work documents and any other thing that this person might take, tamper with or sabotage.

---

Two years ago, I lost my temper with a colleague who could not be bothered to report and follow up on a case of head lice in her class. There were only 8 kids in her class and by the time I discovered the lice, it had spread to 4 other kids and multiplied thickly (and these kids had spread it to their siblings at home without their parents' knowledge). The other colleagues know that I am strict with the kids/students, but they never thought that I would reprimand an adult and fellow teacher so sternly in front of everyone else.

---

It's very hard to be nice, kind and generous to people who give crap to their colleagues and customers on a daily basis. Customers get upset and everyone has to find ways to appease the crappy colleagues' customers and win back their confidence on top of doing their own work. I have plenty of stories to tell, but I won't annoy my fellow forum-ers further.
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

Thanks, and yeah.

I have been giving her talks on other matters, but less in lecture manner, and it's afterwork or when my other colleagues are cleared out of office to avoid any possible embarrassment which may caused her. She tells me some things and hid some. I think she needs a very long time to digest my teachings for her, and I need to spend lots of patience with her. She told me she's keen to learn, so I'll often remind her that.
    you know her in person, so you decide how to deal with her. for me, if there's a need to speak up, jolly well do so. of course the intention for doing so must not be malicious in nature.
    o wilku mowa...♪

Back from Cuba - it was such a lovely week there.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

Cedrey, does your annoying colleague do the same kind of thing to other colleagues, or she just pick on you?
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

too many ****ing hoes out there
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by milKBoi View Post
    I heard there is a saying that you never touch a black man's radio or his food.

Somehow MR. Ced you need to get that messege across to her except the problem is your not black.

YEs this is another of my useless post.

Enjoy!!
    I've only been here for a short while, but I thought Remember_Cedric is a girl?

Anyway, 22 is young but not that young. I think her problem is that she is ignorant, not because she's young and naive. She could have had the decency to wait for your answer instead of just eating it before you could say anything.
    Less Than Perfect

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Cedrey, does your annoying colleague do the same kind of thing to other colleagues, or she just pick on you?
    Speaking of which, there was this incident:

She used my colleague's mug while my colleague was waiting for the hot water to boil. There were 3 of us in the pantry, and we have more than enough mugs for all staff to use. But she thought my colleague's mug is pretty and big so she simply pick it up and used it. Then when my colleague noticed that she literally said, "That is my mug, and that's not very nice of you to use it just like that".

I think even if she doesn't know that mug belongs to someone, she should at least have the courtesy to ask since the mug look outstanding. She just doesn't. The guys and the lady colleague usually leave their food on their working desk (which I find gross).

About the burger.... I did asked if she'd like to share the 1 for 1 McDonald deal with me. She told me she doesn't like McDonald, so I openly and jovially said, then I shall have two - one for lunch and the other for dinner. I can understand if she's hungry but I think our pantry have enough to fill up her stomach. We even have canned tuna and oats.
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 03-03-11 at 12:31 AM.

Or that she seriously thought her terms with Cedric is so close she could do that and would be forgiven. Sometimes it's like when you're really close you don't feel embarrassed being 'rude'. But in her case her perception must be warped since she did not realize that Cedric hasn't exactly seen her like 'soul buddy' whereby she wouldn't take offense at such over familiar mannerism.
    o wilku mowa...♪

Quote Originally Posted by mi do ri View Post
    I've only been here for a short while, but I thought Remember_Cedric is a girl?
    Yeah, I don't know why he use MR. either. I'm sure my birth cert said otherwise.

Anyway, 22 is young but not that young. I think her problem is that she is ignorant, not because she's young and naive. She could have had the decency to wait for your answer instead of just eating it before you could say anything.
    She's a lost child, IMO.

Sorry for the quickly reply as I have another more vital problem to resolve at hand.

Lucre: She's been here for barely 2 months. Still, yes, it might be that I have been friendly with her, like I do with most people, so that they would feel comfortable with this working environment.

Another thing, I have browse through her CV, and her job history of short-term working period seems to suggest that she has problems with her colleagues in her past jobs.
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 03-03-11 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    too many ****ing hoes out there
    are you plowing or sowing?

she had no concept of social etiquette obviously and it's not really an age issue. An average 10 year old can behave better. Lol.
    o wilku mowa...♪

The white guy colleague of mine whom she is required to assist him closely appears not to like her so much, especially the way she fakes the Africa-American accent. lol so funny. She's an Indian-Tamil for sure.

I would have lose my cool on her back then. Now as I look at her behaviour, especially the scenario when she ate my dinner just like that, I was amused by it more than feeling angry. lol
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 03-03-11 at 01:19 AM.

The white guy colleague of mine whom she is required to assist him closely appears not to like her so much, especially the way she fakes the Africa-American accent. lol so funny. She's an Indian-Tamil for sure.

I would have lose my cool on her back then. Now as I look at her behaviour, especially the scenario when she ate my dinner just like that, I was amused by it more than feeling angry. lol
    Have to give you some credit for not losing your temper. I am likely to have at her if that was my dinner she ate!
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    Have to give you some credit for not losing your temper. I am likely to have at her if that was my dinner she ate!
    When she brought my dinner out of the pantry and suggested that she could have it, for a moment, I did want to flip on her. Then it quickly hits me that 'it's just a burger - nevermind'. I shouldn't have left it in the pantry table - my mistake lol. It's her continual rudeness that I can't get over tho. And that I have to effectively put across to her, and get that problematic attitude of hers unrooted.
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 03-03-11 at 01:47 AM.

I probably won't lose my temper but I would make it a point to 'educate' her.

Nobody wants to be near me when I lost my temper.....
    o wilku mowa...♪