Thread: Random Thoughts II

Quote Originally Posted by skoo78 View Post
    Pray that your friend will wake up from it. If you don't mind me asking, what happen?
    I do not know the details. Do not want to ask his family members the details too. Basically heard that he has some blood haemorrhage.

Random thought: Did not sleep well yesterday night. A lot of things flowing in the head. It's a sign of getting older and older?

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    I do not know the details. Do not want to ask his family members the details too. Basically heard that he has some blood haemorrhage.
    Hope he recovers soon.

Random thought: Did not sleep well yesterday night. A lot of things flowing in the head. It's a sign of getting older and older?
    I think you're just thinking too much and that is why you can't sleep. It happens.
    Sim neej aws...

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Yeah, it's so sad. If Canada welcomes 25,000 refugees as the new elected PM promised during the election, I can see this kind of incident will happen here.
    I hope that our immigration will do their due diligence in the screening process, but I agree with helping refugees. I think it's our duty as Canadians to help these people in need that are escaping their country because of war. There is a lot of fear mongering out there by the media making people think that we should stop immigration and close off our borders. Terrorist activities happen all over the world, but nobody over here every talks about. All of a sudden Paris gets attacked and people want to close off the borders.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by almo89 View Post
    I hope that our immigration will do their due diligence in the screening process, but I agree with helping refugees. I think it's our duty as Canadians to help these people in need that are escaping their country because of war. There is a lot of fear mongering out there by the media making people think that we should stop immigration and close off our borders. Terrorist activities happen all over the world, but nobody over here every talks about. All of a sudden Paris gets attacked and people want to close off the borders.
    I remember last year, there was some kind of shooting in Ottawa, which is the LAST place in the world you'd expect something like that to happen.

The French did all the screening work as well, you just can't screen whatever in people mind. I miss the good old days prior to 9/11.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    I remember last year, there was some kind of shooting in Ottawa, which is the LAST place in the world you'd expect something like that to happen.
    You will get a lot of surprises in the upcoming years. After the 25,000 refugees from Syria come to Canada, terrorism will be all over Canada. Regarding security, I have to admit the US is much much better than us. Their politicians act quick and look after their fellow citizens more. Here in Canada, our politicians are mostly do what is popular rather than what is right.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/20/us...iraq.html?_r=0
    Last edited by Trien Chieu; 11-20-15 at 03:24 AM.

Hope he recovers soon.

I think you're just thinking too much and that is why you can't sleep. It happens.
    Do older people think more?

Oh crap! Now we have gunmen killing people in a Mali hotel!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

I agree. Terrorists aim to cause fear and terror and make us stop living our lives. I am not underplaying the fact that there are active cells out there along with sleeper cells laying dormant in our communities. We definitely need to increase security screening and immediate response strategies. Closing off the borders is a good temporarily plan but not a good long term one. There are people out there who need help and have nowhere else to go. If we turn them away with no food or shelter, who knows if they would be pushed to become extremists as well?
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    I agree. Terrorists aim to cause fear and terror and make us stop living our lives. I am not underplaying the fact that there are active cells out there along with sleeper cells laying dormant in our communities. We definitely need to increase security screening and immediate response strategies. Closing off the borders is a good temporarily plan but not a good long term one. There are people out there who need help and have nowhere else to go. If we turn them away with no food or shelter, who knows if they would be pushed to become extremists as well?
    I agree. There's tons of hate going on right now on social media for refugees all due to fear mongering. Canada has let in over 260,000 refugees since 2005 and since then we've had 2 terrorist attacks. Both from last year. Both attackers were born and raised in Canada. I think we all need to look at the facts and not let these terrorist groups instill all this fear into us.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

I thnk a lot even when I'm in my younger years. I know some that don't think much at all. I guess it really depends on the person and what the current situation is.
    Sim neej aws...

I thnk a lot even when I'm in my younger years. I know some that don't think much at all. I guess it really depends on the person and what the current situation is.
    Totally opposite from me. I do not think so much when I was younger (20-40 yrs old). Now I think much more. Possibly you are right - dependent on person and situation.

Totally opposite from me. I do not think so much when I was younger (20-40 yrs old). Now I think much more. Possibly you are right - dependent on person and situation.
    I think a lot, despite being only in my 30's.
    You plant a garden and the flowers do not bloom, you poke a stick in the mud and it grows into a tree

Quote Originally Posted by Ace High View Post
    I think a lot, despite being only in my 30's.
    What are some things you are constantly thinking?

What are some things you are constantly thinking?
    life.... and just trying to treasure everyone while I still can...

I think when we are younger, we are more energetic and use up more physical energy. As we get older, we get more tired easily and thus finds more time to sit down and ponder about stuff. Also, older people have more responsibilities and maybe more to worry about.
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    I think when we are younger, we are more energetic and use up more physical energy. As we get older, we get more tired easily and thus finds more time to sit down and ponder about stuff. Also, older people have more responsibilities and maybe more to worry about.
    Very good response indeed. Thanks.

Food coma..... ate too much =P

Quote Originally Posted by Nan Ling View Post
    Food coma..... ate too much =P
    Buffet?

Random thought: How does the Turkish fighter pilot communicate with the Russian warplane pilot if the air frequency is secret? Even if they did communicate, what language is used?

met up with friends and family and had two lunches =)