Page 183 of 183 FirstFirst ... 83 133 173174175176177178179180181182183
Results 3,641 to 3,650 of 3650

Thread: Random Thoughts II

  1. #3641
    Senior Member skoo78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Physically and emotionally drained. I'm seeing gray hair already........Stress.......
    Sim neej aws...

  2. #3642
    Senior Member charbydis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    White Camel Mountain
    Posts
    4,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skoo78 View Post
    Physically and emotionally drained. I'm seeing gray hair already........Stress.......
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

  3. #3643
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2,801

    Default

    One ex-boss once asked me, "A donkey works without thinking. A monkey gets work done for him. Which animal would you want to be?"

  4. #3644
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    One ex-boss once asked me, "A donkey works without thinking. A monkey gets work done for him. Which animal would you want to be?"
    Problem is when everyone wants to be a monkey.

    Reminds me of a organizational behavior class where very few people had a clue of what needed to be done but everyone wanted to be in charge.
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    You: I survive somehow
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

    -KotOR

  5. #3645
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2,801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darkcser View Post
    Problem is when everyone wants to be a monkey.

    Reminds me of a organizational behavior class where very few people had a clue of what needed to be done but everyone wanted to be in charge.
    Well said.

  6. #3646
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2,801

    Default

    How to respond to A if A said, "B looked down upon you" which you do not mind.

  7. #3647
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    How to respond to A if A said, "B looked down upon you" which you do not mind.
    You don't mind B looking down upon you due to apathy or due to recognition of B's superiority?
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    You: I survive somehow
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

    -KotOR

  8. #3648
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2,801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darkcser View Post
    You don't mind B looking down upon you due to apathy or due to recognition of B's superiority?
    More on the latter.

  9. #3649
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Giang Ho, Canada
    Posts
    4,163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skoo78 View Post
    Physically and emotionally drained. I'm seeing gray hair already........Stress.......
    I thought being a Free Lance Photographer is very a relaxing job.

  10. #3650
    Senior Member skoo78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    I thought being a Free Lance Photographer is very a relaxing job.
    It's relaxing if you have fun clients. I'm stressed from my other job and life. I need a vacation...
    Sim neej aws...

Similar Threads

  1. Random Thoughts of Wuxia
    By PJ in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 339
    Last Post: 08-05-14, 11:55 PM
  2. Random Thoughts -- about Love
    By PJ in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 04-17-13, 11:09 AM
  3. Random Thoughts
    By kay &!* in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 5269
    Last Post: 11-25-10, 02:07 AM
  4. Replies: 46
    Last Post: 03-17-10, 12:05 AM
  5. what are your thoughts on accented singing?
    By jiang bao in forum Music
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-05-08, 07:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •