Page 18 of 250 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868118 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Thoughts II

Year 2010 coming to an end. What have I achieved??

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    thanks :: i was mad at my brother...obviously, i've over stayed my welcome in this home. i stay away from moody and temperamental men as a rule...it's just not worth it. too bad for me, i happen to be closely related to one and we're living under the same roof.
    Be it man or woman, some human tend to drama alot. I'm sorry to hear about that, but I don't think you're less than welcome at home. When people are angry, they can say the worst things under the influence of an irrational mind.

P/s: You sounded pretty cool I must admit giving this once-a-blue-moon cussing lol
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

I went to the dentist today.

My dentist is an older dude. All of his sons are also dentists.

His wife and sons are presently in Taiwan for the holidays. He's going to join them there in a few days, but had to stay behind to finish up a few things (including maintaining a molar for me; thanks, doc!).

I was his last patient today, and there's a bar just a few blocks from his dental clinic, so after he closed for the night, we went over for a drink.

We talked...about teeth, of course. With a dentist, there's not much else to talk about. The guy is scary-knowledgeable about teeth, which makes sense, I suppose, considering his profession (which he's been doing for forty years now).

After a while, a young dude walked in. He had a *really* long beard...like the one Fan 1 Yung had in ROCH. We were so impressed by the beard that we had to buy the guy a drink (just for having a beard that long).

Funny thought about indentured servitude.

Slave to your mortgage or slave to your student loans.

We spend 20-30 years of our life slaving away at these ideals and in the end what can we take with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzaku View Post
    Funny thought about indentured servitude.

Slave to your mortgage or slave to your student loans.

We spend 20-30 years of our life slaving away at these ideals and in the end what can we take with us.
    That's the life for many.

Merry (belated) Christmas and Happy (early) New Year, everyone!
    Overworking ... as usual. Now, where can I find people who can do the simplest things right the first time around? They would be a great help indeed!

And I want to eat a big Bento meal at a Japanese restaurant.

---

I find that the definition of "friends" change as one grows from child to adolescent to adult. For kids in preK/K, "friends" are all the other kids in the classroom. They play/learn with "friends", and they should always try to be well-mannered towards their "friends".

As the kids grow up, "friends" get filtered out, so only those with similar interests (including the ability to communicate and connect) tend to remain. For adults, "friends" can include all those whom one has collected up to that point in life, plus co-workers, acquaintances, etc. Different "friends" have different "functions", so different "approaches" are needed when dealing with them.

Much as many of us would like to be good/kind/generous/worthy/(insert desired adjective here) "friends" to others, there are times that we would just have to be practical, both for the benefit of ourselves as well as those "friends". When such "friends" have recurring problems that cannot be solved with talking/discussing/sharing, then something (such as professional help) must be done. Denying/delaying help may end up straining the friendship and/or hurting one or both parties.
    Last edited by HuangYushi; 12-28-10 at 11:37 AM.
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Year 2010 coming to an end. What have I achieved??
    I have achieved ... a lot more white hair than 2009.
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

Friends can be disappointing at the best of times.
    玉木宏

blog

Aiyah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, why did I wait for a big mountain pile of clothes to start doing laundry? First it was because I was busy, then it was because the weather is too cold to go out and down to the laundry room. Now I've got so much and these machines are not that big so I try not to overstuff them and thus, more machines need to be used. Next time, I need to watch my hamper or drive out to the laundry mat.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I'd never do this:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.salemthesoldier.us/cho.jpg')

But God help me, there are days when I understand why someone *would*.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    I'd never do this:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.salemthesoldier.us/cho.jpg')

But God help me, there are days when I understand why someone *would*.
    Picture isn't showing up.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Aiyah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, why did I wait for a big mountain pile of clothes to start doing laundry? First it was because I was busy, then it was because the weather is too cold to go out and down to the laundry room. Now I've got so much and these machines are not that big so I try not to overstuff them and thus, more machines need to be used. Next time, I need to watch my hamper or drive out to the laundry mat.
    I have alot of clothes in bags that need to be folded

But I don't have any room in my closet to put them in...

Is anyone making any New Year's Resolutions this year?
    I like me.

This reminds me, laundry needs to be done.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

somehow, laundry only applies to human beings. Animals do not have this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    somehow, laundry only applies to human beings. Animals do not have this issue.
    because they don't wear clothes? or they can't take it off so they bath with their clothes on.

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    I have alot of clothes in bags that need to be folded

But I don't have any room in my closet to put them in...

Is anyone making any New Year's Resolutions this year?
    Sounds like you just need to sort out the clothes you do wear and want to keep and giveaway the clothes you don't wear anymore or cannot fit no longer. That should give you more space in the closet.

I need the last novel in the Millenium trilogy. Finished the second one in three days and will now go back to non-fiction.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Sounds like you just need to sort out the clothes you do wear and want to keep and giveaway the clothes you don't wear anymore or cannot fit no longer. That should give you more space in the closet.
    OH! That's a great idea and I think I'll go do that now. You're brilliant, Suet Seung.
    I like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    I went to the dentist today.

My dentist is an older dude. All of his sons are also dentists.

His wife and sons are presently in Taiwan for the holidays. He's going to join them there in a few days, but had to stay behind to finish up a few things (including maintaining a molar for me; thanks, doc!).

I was his last patient today, and there's a bar just a few blocks from his dental clinic, so after he closed for the night, we went over for a drink.

We talked...about teeth, of course. With a dentist, there's not much else to talk about. The guy is scary-knowledgeable about teeth, which makes sense, I suppose, considering his profession (which he's been doing for forty years now).

After a while, a young dude walked in. He had a *really* long beard...like the one Fan 1 Yung had in ROCH. We were so impressed by the beard that we had to buy the guy a drink (just for having a beard that long).
    LOL i like that !
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Anyone thinking of going to Somalia?