Thread: Random Thoughts II

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    Hahahaha! Certainly, for you, Mr. Cheng. Since you care to correct and better my English.

Hmmm, how about... It feels lovely whenever the thought of going-back-to-Home-Sweet-Home comes to my mind. On the other hand, it feels dreadful and uneasy whenever I thought of going to my aunty's house due to her dodgy habits and, I feel restricted.

There, Mr. Cheng
    Ugh...I'd better personally do this.

I feel lovely whenever the thought of going back to Home Sweet Home comes into my mind. On the other hand, I feel dreadful and uneasy whenever I think about going to my aunty's house. Due to her dodgy habits, I feel restricted.

That's as much as I could fix it without completely re-engineering the sentence.

To kidd/Huang Yushi/others who know West Malaysia KL

In terms of location to train station, which is more convenient, Hotel Equatorial or Hotel Concorde? Thanks much.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Ugh...I'd better personally do this.

I feel lovely whenever the thought of going back to Home Sweet Home comes into my mind. On the other hand, I feel dreadful and uneasy whenever I think about going to my aunty's house. Due to her dodgy habits, I feel restricted.

That's as much as I could fix it without completely re-engineering the sentence.
    My idea was to exclude myself at the beginning and more emphasis that kind of feeling due to such event.

How would you do re-engineer it? Please feel free to do so, if you would to let me see the differences.

Thanks, Mr Cheng
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

My idea was to exclude myself at the beginning and more emphasis that kind of feeling due to such event.

How would you do re-engineer it? Please feel free to do so, if you would to let me see the differences.

Thanks, Mr Cheng
    Well, first, we need to do this one:
    This one should read, "At the beginning, my idea was to direct the focus away from me and place greater emphasis on the feelings that I experience during such visits."

Logically, of course, "you" and "your feelings" are not of great difference. It might be a case of splitting hairs.

Every thought of returning back to Home Sweet Home feels lovely. Every thought of going over to my aunty's house feels dreadful and uneasy. Due to her dodgy habits and feels restricted.
    Here's a complete re-engineering that preserves the essential message, but not the wording:

"The idea of returning home is intensely appealing. Conversely, the idea of visiting my aunt's house fills me with dread and anxiety because her dodgy habits cause me to feel restricted."

I suppose that's why we Americans think of the French as snobby and aloof.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    To kidd/Huang Yushi/others who know West Malaysia KL

In terms of location to train station, which is more convenient, Hotel Equatorial or Hotel Concorde? Thanks much.
    Both hotels are located near the same train stations, but you would need the help of someone who is familiar with the ground to confirm which more convenient. I don't use the train much and I seldom go to the KL city centre, but you can try asking Ian Liew. He might be more familiar.
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

Quote Originally Posted by HuangYushi View Post
    Both hotels are located near the same train stations, but you would need the help of someone who is familiar with the ground to confirm which more convenient. I don't use the train much and I seldom go to the KL city centre, but you can try asking Ian Liew. He might be more familiar.
    Thanks, Huang Yushi. Trip to KL possibly cancelled. Thanks once again.

Metropolis, a 1927 German Expressionism film and it was torturous to watch. That's two hours of my life I'll never get back. : /
    Less Than Perfect

Did Nik Tesla really said this or it's made up by New Ager

"My brain is just a receiver. In outer space there is some kernel, from which we get knowledge, strength and inspiration. I have not penetrated into the mysteries of this kernel, but I know that it exists" ~ Nikola Tesla
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

HK graffiti

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.snb.hk/Resourse/blog/b2309d6b-7ed5-da75-e040-10ac0d0c3733/image/General/111122_01Big.jpg')
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

OT on OT is no OT.

Just another Black Friday chaos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip11CEddIcg
    Less Than Perfect

Down with flu.

Do you guys know of an English language music site that plays Asian music online? I know of last.fm but that's more like a Pandora. I want something more like playlist.com where I can make my own playlist rather than having the site play similar style of song or artist. This may not make sense so sorry in advance for any confusion.
    Less Than Perfect

Quote Originally Posted by mi do ri View Post
    Metropolis, a 1927 German Expressionism film and it was torturous to watch. That's two hours of my life I'll never get back. : /
    That's how I felt about M (another film by Fritz Lang). Zzzzzz

On the other hand, I thought Metropolis was impressively made for its time.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Family expense going up. Mum needs a maid.

Cam someone help me find the pictures thread? I think there were two? One for random and one for member pics. I want to post a happy photo of myself.
    I like me.

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    Cam someone help me find the pictures thread? I think there were two? One for random and one for member pics. I want to post a happy photo of myself.
    Never mind. The moment has passed. Hehe I quoted myself
    I like me.

Quote Originally Posted by mi do ri View Post
    Do you guys know of an English language music site that plays Asian music online? I know of last.fm but that's more like a Pandora. I want something more like playlist.com where I can make my own playlist rather than having the site play similar style of song or artist. This may not make sense so sorry in advance for any confusion.
    Try grooveshark.com
    --=={Grundle}==--

Trying to work out a flowchart to approach current problem pertaining to job.... to decide whether is it worth to stay on. In a nutshell, Boss is a major ***** and very difficult to approach her to talk things out. And a badmouther.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?