Page 71 of 250 FirstFirst ... 21616263646566676869707172737475767778798081121171 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 5000

Thread: Random Thoughts II

OMG, I just missed an important meeting. I am dead.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    OMG, I just missed an important meeting. I am dead.
    Apologize sincerely and tell them your reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Some things, you need to do the hard way because it's a matter of principle.
    Clap clap.

I am looking for another job. Have emailed my contact. Hope to get some good news.

Quote Originally Posted by HuangYushi View Post
    A few years ago, I had a student whose name had the characters 荧 and 锨, which basically meant "shiny" and "shovel" respectively. When we had our annual session on "What does your name mean and why did your parents name you so?", this student was understandably perplexed!

In the past 6 years, I have also had at least 4 students (whom I can recall off-hand) who had the same two-character (not 荧 and 锨, but something else) combination as their given name. All of them did poorly at school. Now, I cringe whenever I think of that particular two-character combination.

Most popular character for boys' names in my school: 俊.
    Most popular characters for girls' names in my school: 欣, 芷 and 萱 / 渲 / 暄.
    Three to four years ago, the character 轩 was popular for both boys and girls.
    LOL "shiny shovel". Poor student. Sometimes it's hard to understand what goes through parents' minds when they name their children. Shiny shovels, pilot inspektors, tiger lilies etc.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    I am looking for another job. Have emailed my contact. Hope to get some good news.
    All the best in your job search!
    玉木宏

blog

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    you should trade her with someone else. Unless she is hot LOL
    She's not hot.... but I can't say she's ugly either.... I can't describe. She's definitely big built but not fat. She looks ok if she *don't* put on make-up - that's all I can say.

Quote Originally Posted by HuangYushi View Post
    Is it within your authority to fire her, or at least cause/influence her dismissal? If it is, consider using it.

Leave the company only for yourself and your own reasons, not because of a crappy colleague.
    No, I have no authority but I can definitely influence to cause her dismissal.

This team isn't as cooperative as the previous team I've worked with - that's another thing in my mind. Since, she's interested in this finance line, and I'm not, and I never take related finance courses for that like she did, maybe she should stay on - some people may work better under that kind of situation, if u know what I mean. She should begin doing what the trading team did. I don't know why they put her in my Admin & accounts team.

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    Why do you have to be the one leaving? If she's really that bad, then you need to do what's necessary to maintain your sanity...
    In the end, some time, I still would tender anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by junny View Post
    Well, 銨 is just the traditional script for 铵, while 旂 is a variant of 旗 (both mean the same and are pronounced the same). But it is very strange to use 銨 in a name.
    I see. I don't recognise that Qi written that way at all.

Soon, I will be too. Maybe. Wish you all the best!

When change come, don't resist. Sit on it like a magic carpet ride!
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    People who have these kind of names with unusual meanings most probably were named by an expert name giver according to their birthdate.
    True, but ...

Quote Originally Posted by junny View Post
    LOL "shiny shovel". Poor student. Sometimes it's hard to understand what goes through parents' minds when they name their children. Shiny shovels, pilot inspektors, tiger lilies etc.
    ... parents also have the right to consider how the name might affect their kid and the right to request for another name from the expert, if any. These parents need to be more thoughtful.

To this day, I am still baffled as to why the 4 kids of different ages/batches with the same name all did poorly in school.
    Last edited by HuangYushi; 05-05-11 at 10:57 AM.
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

Heard Ronald Cheng sang an english oldies. What a great singer.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Academic conference...so boring. Montreal boys...so handsome.
    I like me.

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    Academic conference...so boring. Montreal boys...so handsome.
    Well, at least you got some eye-candy!
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

want to scream out loud! Need to exercise therapy tomorrow for sure

I learnt that Queen Park Rangers will be promoted to Premier League. QPR, Nottingham Forest, Wolves, Spurs used to be some of my favorite teams many years ago (possibly 30).

Why some people rather risk losing tens of thousand ringgit (sometimes even hundreds of thousand) than making a simple phone call and wait around 15 minutes before starting doing works?

Quote Originally Posted by Ace High View Post
    Why some people rather risk losing tens of thousand ringgit (sometimes even hundreds of thousand) than making a simple phone call and wait around 15 minutes before starting doing works?
    Can't understand what you are saying. Care to elaborate?

everyone has a role in this world?

I'm found my 2nd or 3rd single strand of white hair well hidden underneath and in the back of my head. Gotta be premature white hair and stress. Don't people start having white hair in their late thirties? I'm still in my late twenties. Youth is still at my side.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    I'm found my 2nd or 3rd single strand of white hair well hidden underneath and in the back of my head. Gotta be premature white hair and stress. Don't people start having white hair in their late thirties? I'm still in my late twenties. Youth is still at my side.
    It depends on genes also. My former coursemate has white hair when he's in his early 20s.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Today, I was almost tempted into debating a schizophrenic about his schizoprehnia until I realized it was probably worse than arguing with a troll on spcnet...

When is it a good time to undertake volunteer work full-time? when a person is around 60 years old?

When is it a good time to undertake volunteer work full-time? when a person is around 60 years old?
    Depends on what you want to do as a volunteer. Older people need to be aware of their physical limitations (especially when it comes to health) and endurance when volunteering.

An indirectly-related case in point: A lot of people talk about getting retirees (aged at least 55 and above) to be teachers, especially in "easy" centres of learning like preschools. Unfortunately, as a preschool teacher/supervisor, I do not agree. As a person aged 55 and above, how much of stair-climbing can do you in a day, even if it's just one floor up and one floor down? How many times a day can you carry a crying child or a number of them, especially up/down a flight of stairs, before your legs and back give way? How many times can you sit down (either on a low child-sized chair or the floor, which tends to be worse) and get up in quick succession while doing classroom activities? How fast can you run/move when responding to real and perceived emergencies? What will you do during gym class and dance practice? Will you exercise and dance with them, or just stand around, give instructions and expect the kids to know how to do it? I have many reasonably healthy relatives who are aged 55 and above, and some of them were once school teachers, but I will greatly discourage them if they ever want to start teaching in preschool.

---
    btw, I stopped working when I was 28 and undertook volunteer work full-time for 2 years before returning to work. There were a lot of early mornings, late nights, running around from home to hospital to another home to morgue to home to crematorium, drug users, depressed peoples ... that sort of thing, so being "younger" and more "energetic" was an advantage.

---
    What do you want to volunteer in / as / for ?
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!