Thread: Tech Gadgets

Banned

Default Tech Gadgets

Starting this thread to share cheap gadget deals.

The best thing I ever bought online from China was a 8" Bay Trail dual Android/Windows 10 tablet from eBay for USD $80. This was in 2016 n I have been using it as my main computing device ever since. Replaces the $300-750 laptop I would have bought in its place.

My lovely main computing device since 2016:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.cube-tablet.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/c/u/cube_iwork_8_super_version_10_.jpg')

Battery works like new charges fast n I haven't noticed a decrease in battery run time...

Banned

Anyone looking for a good Android tablet with:

1. Lots of memory (2GB)
    2. Lots of space (16GB)
    3. Cheap ($60)

Here's one I highly recommend (shipping can b slow though):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Quad-Core-M...-/372382548522

I bought one to serve as my web browser while my tab in the first post is charging.

Expecting it to arrive anytime...

Banned

IMO the most important criterium to look for when buying a tab is how fast it charges. The one in my first post can charge 1 hr then use for 2 hrs.

I think the one in 2nd post same (1 hr charge for 2hrs of use).

I also received a v much more expensive tab as a gift... It has as screen with resolution of 2560x1600 but my god I charge it overnight for 8 hrs can only use it for 2.5 hrs!!!! What a terrible trade off...

Banned

The biggest woe I have had with tablets is sometimes I plug it in to charge, the charge light comes on, but I come back a few hrs later to find... It had not charge at all!

That's when I bought a USB charge hub with indicator light. It turns red when there is actually electricity going into the tablet. Most charge lights in the tab will turn on when u plug it in regardless of whether electricity is actually going into the tab to charge it. With the USB charger with indicator light this problem is solved!