Thread: Bu Bu Jing Xin 《步步惊心》 - Nicky Wu, Liu Shi Shi, Kevin Cheng, Yuan Hong

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Eagle_Awards_(China)
    http://baike.baidu.com/view/813897.htm
    This is the most prestigious TV awards in China. It's known as the Chinese Emmys. Liu Shi Shi might have a chance to win since Zhao Wei has won before for Princess Pearl.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/0a/Golden_eagle_Awards_China.jpg/220px-Golden_eagle_Awards_China.jpg')

when will this award be given..
    thx

[QUOTE=swtaznlaydee;1013708]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Eagle_Awards_(China)
    This is the most prestigious TV awards in China. It's known as the Chinese Emmys. Liu Shi Shi might have a chance to win since Zhao Wei has won before for Princess Pearl.

http://ent.qq.com/zt2011/star2011/vote8.htm
    Bu Bu Ju Xin nominated for award. ;]

Poll results so far...

BBJX has 66.55%
    LSS at 76.72%
    Nicky at 70.39%
    Kevn at 14.78
    LGX at 62.45%
    GXT at 8.66%

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i44.tinypic.com/25use1h.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i43.tinypic.com/15g5icg.jpg')

Basically, BBJX cast are ahead of others....
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 11-03-11 at 12:35 AM.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://x.limgs.cn/f1/g/111102/e20113050751571029248.jpg')

Hi, I've been lurking in this thread all this time. Just wanted to share my take on the last scene from the drama, and how I dreamed it would ended. This is my way of weaning myself off this drama, which I fear had taken me, heart and soul.

BBJX forever!

Yes, I did exist. I was there. I existed.

Zhang Xiao looked at the painting and her tears fell unchecked, hot and strangely alive, on her cheeks. Seeing proof that she had indeed lived and breathed in the past, she felt a strange awning at the pit of her stomach, swallowing her whole being, until she almost felt like sobbing. She looked at each of the prince’s faces, remembering each one’s final fate, and her heart contracted even more.

And then she could finally put it off no longer, and her eyes focused on the figure on the left holding a teacup fashioned in the shape of a magnolia. The person she had longed for until Ruoxi’s eventual death, and it seemed, even until 300 years after. She reached out a shaking hand, unable to stop herself from wanting to touch that most beloved face.

The sound of footsteps behind her stopped her. Suddenly it was too quiet. She realized that there was no one in that part of the museum except for her, and that person who just came in. Trembling, she lowered her hand and turned around despite herself. A tall man in a dark coat stood with his back to her, looking at another display case.

Zhang Xiao couldn’t breathe.

Probably feeling that someone was looking at him, the man finally turned. His and Zhang Xiao’s eyes meet across the room.

Zhang Xiao felt the room swim across her eyes. She felt the edges of unconsciousness nearly overcome her, and fought against it. She mustn’t look. She knew that man, knew him! She would recognize that man anywhere.

Yinzhen!

A sob broke from Zhang Xiao’s throat. Memories of love and longing came rushing to the fore, uncontrolled. She had waited everyday until he came, and he never did. But now, he’s here, standing right in front of her!

The man looked at her concernedly, and after a second of deliberation it seemed, began walking towards her with careful, measured steps. When he was finally right in front of her, he searched her face questioningly:

“Do we know each other?”

Hearing that voice, deep and achingly familiar, stirred Zhang Xiao more than anything she saw and remembered that day. She couldn’t stop herself and began crying earnestly as she drank in the face of the man before her: those same fathomless eyes, the straight nose, the thin line of lips, the slight indentation at the curve of his cheek that hinted at a dimple during one of his rare smiles… Zhang Xiao felt a crushing pain in her chest, her heart felt like breaking.

At the sight of her tears, the man began to look discomfited. As if unsure what to do, he began searching his coat pockets for something, and Zhang Xiao belatedly realizes that he might be looking for a hanky to give her to wipe her tears away.

“What are you most afraid of?”
    “A woman’s tears.”

Zhang Xiao remembered every single word, every single moment with Yinzhen. If there had been any doubt in her mind that this person might not be him, then seeing him now ill-at-ease and awkward as he watched her cry, was the final proof that Zhang Xiao needed to be certain that it was really and truly him.

The man, it seemed, could not find what he was looking for. For a moment, he looked at her confusedly and was bout to say something more. But instead he gave Zhang Xiao a tiny, embarrassed smile, and began walking away.

Zhang Xiao, as if on instinct, whirled around and opened her mouth to call out to him. But at the sight of his retreating back, Zhang Xiao realized she didn’t know what to say. What can she say, when he obviously didn’t know her, didn’t have the terrible and beautiful memories of their past together like she did?

And then Zhang Xiao remembered how Ruoxi had waited, waited for him until her last breath, and yet he didn’t come. Those last words spoken between them rang in her ears like a curse.

“I won’t see you anymore.”

Did he hate her, until the end? Or did he not care at all; that the news of her dying did not concern him at all?

As the man walked away, his figure became blurry, and Zhang Xiao realized that her eyeglasses had become foggy. Weakly she removed them, and the sight of him became nothing but a haze of colors, slowly disappearing. She saw him pause at the corner, but her vision didn’t allow her to see what went on in that face- was he bewildered? Unconcerned? But he continued on, and then it didn’t matter because he was gone.

Zhang Xiao felt as if all her energy had been sapped away, and her knees buckled. Her hand caught the edge of the glass display, steadying her, but her eyes caught something. The painting.

And very clearly she saw in her mind her own figure in that painting, the magnolia hairpin carefully tucked in her braid. In quick progression she remembered the second time he gave the pin to her, how he had gently put it in her hair, how his eyes, filled with love, admired her and told her she looked beautiful. And finally she understood that nobody but the two of them knew about that pin, how it had meant to both of them. And thus, no one could have commissioned this painting to be done exactly this way, but him!

He had never forgotten. He didn’t hate her. He had forgiven her!

As if woken from a trance, Zhang Xiao righted herself. Forgetting even to put on her glasses, she stumbled through the corridor, following the direction he took. She was panicking. What if he already left and she couldn’t catch him in time? What if she never finds him again? Zhang Xiao half-sobbed as she raced around the corner, hating herself for that moment’s indecision, wondering if this could possibly cause another lifetime of regrets.

But as she reached the other side, she crashed into another person going the same direction from which she came from. Strong arms steadied her, which she nearly threw aside, before seeing who they belonged to. Her spectacles fell from her useless hands, the sound of breaking glass echoing dully in that deserted hallway.

“Are you alright?”

He, Yinzhen, stared at her, his brows furrowed in concern. Zhang Xiao must’ve looked a fright, wild-eyed, with copious tears streaming down her cheeks, but she didn’t care. He came back. He didn’t go away! She lowered her head and clutched tightly at the hands that held her up, weeping silently. Of joy, of longing, of thankfulness. Never again, she swore. She decided that whatever happened in the future, these hands, she would never let them go.

I got my cousin into BBJX this past week. She was so hooked that she marathoned the whole thing during the weekend, and went back to rewatch some episodes. She called me today to discuss her take of the series. Let me just say that it was a very opinionated almost 3 hour discussion. Her take?

She LOVED LOVED LOVED RX and 4th. She felt they were the perfect couple. They were always frank, honest, respectful, and understood each other well. (I couldn't agree more) She felt that RX's love for 8th was more of a puppy love type thing that's why it didn't stand a chance to last. (I also agree) Then, she went on to say that she loved RX up until the point where RX started hating 4th, hurt his feelings, and just left him. My cousin felt that RX was too busy thinking of others and forgot to think about 4th. The first one was when 4th punished 8th by making him kneel. 13th had told RX to just let it go, don't do anything and stop trying to save everyone and just let herself live a little more freely. Instead she went and knelt all day then stood all night just to prove a point. Then had the galls(my cousin's words not mine) to get mad at 4th for getting after her about mistreating her legs. The second was when RX blatantly told for she hated him for steaming YuTan alive, but yet, RX didn't even get mad at YuTan for using her and trying to sabatoge her relationship with 4th. She felt that even though 4th's actions were extreme. When it came down to it, it was all to protect RX. My cousin was beyong mad at RX when she miscarried the baby. The physician had told RX to take extra good care of herself and not stress if she wanted to keep the baby. Instead of listening, Rx kept doing things that she KNEW would cause her stress and harm the baby. The final straw for my cousin was when RX decided to leave 4th by marrying 14th. That was the ultimate stab in the heart. There were so many ways RX could of handled the situation, but the way she left 4th was cruel. 4th was beyond heart broken to find out RX was going to marry 14th, then he had to find out about her's and 8th's relationship. To my cousin, the way RX left 4th was too unyielding. Just like the way Lu Wu left 13th was too unyielding. Now, what got us into a "fight" was that my cousin felt RX deserved to die without seeing 4th for the last time.

So, here I am trying to explain to my cousin that RX and 4th started having problems because 4th was killing/hurting the people she loved. She cuts me off and tells me that once again, RX was only thinking of those people and not 4th. Everything 4th did was to protect RX, and if that meant he had to kill to protect her then that's what he did. Then, when I tried to explain that RX couldn't let go of these people was because they were family or childhood friends. her conscious wouldn't let her just let them be. her answer? RX knew how things ended in history, and you can't change history. So what was the point in creating all these problems with 4th just so she could "maybe" save these people. Finally, when I explained that RX left 4th to save her love for him and their love for each other. If she had continued to stay in the palace, sooner or later they were going to resent and hate each other. RX left so she wouldn't have to personally witness the people she loved being destroyed. What I got was, RX could have left in a different way. RX didn't have to go and marry 14th and hurt 4th the way she did. The way RX treated 4th toward the end just shows that she is very narrow minded and she couldn't see the big picture.

After all that, I didn't even want to discuss anything anymore. I had this huge headache, and yet, I wanted to go bang my head on the wall from frustration. Maybe my cousin is the narrow minded one. LOL Ugh, moral of the story? don't get into discussion with family/friends if you have different views. It will make you want to shoot yourself.

I am soo tired and my brains aren't functioning right, if I had typos or don't make sense in some part. Please pardon me. Thank you. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Drgirleam View Post
    After all that, I didn't even want to discuss anything anymore. I had this huge headache, and yet, I wanted to go bang my head on the wall from frustration. Maybe my cousin is the narrow minded one. LOL Ugh, moral of the story? don't get into discussion with family/friends if you have different views. It will make you want to shoot yourself.
    LOL poor you. I learn to skim through (reading) the ones that have different views from me to save me the headache. I don't discuss this with my family or friends b/c they don't like tragic story. I persuaded my friend to watch it, but she only got to the part where 10th was forced to marry Mingyu then she quit b/c she knew the ending was tragic. My sister couldn't understand my obsession with BBJX and I couldn't understand her like/love for Lives of Omission (aside from Bosco, nothing in LoO was interesting. I even thought it made the triad members stupid beyond help). As for my parents, I got my mom to watch it with me and she likes it too but she doesn't like it when I express my like/dislike for a drama. I think sometimes she and the rest of my family feel like wanting to shoot or gag me instead when I start talking (usually of why I dislike certain drama) b/c it takes away their enjoyment (which I can understand). LOL
    Last edited by fuyuko; 11-03-11 at 03:31 AM.

Ah, Drgirleam and Fuyuko... I guess that's why we have this forum. So we can express our agreements and disagreements without feeling rejected for our opinions... Sorry for the trouble you got, Drgirleam, but the bright side is, you've got yourself another BBJX (and 4RX) fan!

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post
    Poll results so far...

BBJX has 66.55%
    LSS at 76.72%
    Nicky at 70.39%
    Kevn at 14.78
    LGX at 62.45%
    GXT at 8.66%

Basically, BBJX cast are ahead of others....
    Thanks a lot for the info, Xiao Xiao!

Quote Originally Posted by ubeliesel View Post
    Did he hate her, until the end? Or did he not care at all; that the news of her dying did not concern him at all?

As the man walked away, his figure became blurry, and Zhang Xiao realized that her eyeglasses had become foggy. Weakly she removed them, and the sight of him became nothing but a haze of colors, slowly disappearing. She saw him pause at the corner, but her vision didn’t allow her to see what went on in that face- was he bewildered? Unconcerned? But he continued on, and then it didn’t matter because he was gone.

Zhang Xiao felt as if all her energy had been sapped away, and her knees buckled. Her hand caught the edge of the glass display, steadying her, but her eyes caught something. The painting.

And very clearly she saw in her mind her own figure in that painting, the magnolia hairpin carefully tucked in her braid. In quick progression she remembered the second time he gave the pin to her, how he had gently put it in her hair, how his eyes, filled with love, admired her and told her she looked beautiful. And finally she understood that nobody but the two of them knew about that pin, how it had meant to both of them. And thus, no one could have commissioned this painting to be done exactly this way, but him!

He had never forgotten. He didn’t hate her. He had forgiven her!

As if woken from a trance, Zhang Xiao righted herself. Forgetting even to put on her glasses, she stumbled through the corridor, following the direction he took. She was panicking. What if he already left and she couldn’t catch him in time? What if she never finds him again? Zhang Xiao half-sobbed as she raced around the corner, hating herself for that moment’s indecision, wondering if this could possibly cause another lifetime of regrets.

But as she reached the other side, she crashed into another person going the same direction from which she came from. Strong arms steadied her, which she nearly threw aside, before seeing who they belonged to. Her spectacles fell from her useless hands, the sound of breaking glass echoing dully in that deserted hallway.

“Are you alright?”

He, Yinzhen, stared at her, his brows furrowed in concern. Zhang Xiao must’ve looked a fright, wild-eyed, with copious tears streaming down her cheeks, but she didn’t care. He came back. He didn’t go away! She lowered her head and clutched tightly at the hands that held her up, weeping silently. Of joy, of longing, of thankfulness. Never again, she swore. She decided that whatever happened in the future, these hands, she would never let them go.
    Hi Ubeliesel, welcome to the club! And I like the way you interpreted the last scene. Not too sugar coated sweet, but sweet nonetheless. Just a bit nitpicky, because if ZY dropped her glasses, she would not be able to see Yinzheng's reactions to her... but that's a minor thing really. I still like it that you just extended the fiction a bit to a rather sweet end and leave it there. It's touchy.
    Last edited by Icha Parvati; 11-03-11 at 05:56 AM.

Drgirleam: I agree with your cousin in that RX is very frustrating to watch in the end, when she can’t seem to make up her mind about anything. RX’s tragedy isn’t that she knows history, it’s that she doesn’t have the heart to leave history be. She probably knows that nothing she does can change how things will be for 8th but being a modern person, with the mindset that you don’t have to leave things to fate, that you can decide your own future, means she tries to change things but ends up putting those very things she’s trying to prevent in motion.

I think that watching all this it’s very easy for us to say, well she was unfair to blame 4th for Yu Tan’s death, or that she should just try and understand what 4th was doing. But what I like about BBJX is that 4th’s actions aren’t toned down to something you can easily just “understand”. They are horrific, even for people of that era, let alone RX who is from the future. I don’t think we can be sure that if it was us in that situation that we would be able to “understand” so easily. While I think Yu Tan “deserves” (for lack of better word) that death – i.e. I understand why 4th has to exert his power there – I can’t blame RX for freaking out over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Icha Parvati View Post
    Thanks a lot for the info, Xiao Xiao!

Hi Ubeliesel, welcome to the club! And I like the way you interpreted the last scene. Not too sugar coated sweet, but sweet nonetheless. Just a bit nitpicky, because if ZY dropped her glasses, she would not be able to see Yinzheng's reactions to her... but that's a minor thing really. I still like it that you just extended the fiction a bit to a rather sweet end and leave it there. It's touchy.
    LOL sorry 'bout that. I'm pretty nearsighted myself (550/600) but I can still make out features if they're near my face. But thanks for the comment

Quote Originally Posted by myenson1 View Post
    when will this award be given..
    thx

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Eagle_Awards_(China)
    It should be in 2012. The Golden Eagle awards given out at this year's ceremony were for 2010 TV productions. So for 2011 TV productions, they will give it out only in 2012. I think Three Kingdoms won the 2010 best TV series Golden Eagle award.

Quote Originally Posted by aqueous View Post
    I feel bad for YH too. He hasn't receive any award. The awards either go to the 3 main leads or the fresh newbies.
    I think YH's super serious CCTV drama, Tian Di Min Xin, bagged 3 awards at the recent CCTV Awards, one of which he could have received. But he didn't attend the ceremony and chose to do BBJX promos for his...ahem...Brother LSS.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 11-03-11 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drgirleam View Post
    Now, what got us into a "fight" was that my cousin felt RX deserved to die without seeing 4th for the last time.

So, here I am trying to explain to my cousin that RX and 4th started having problems because 4th was killing/hurting the people she loved. She cuts me off and tells me that once again, RX was only thinking of those people and not 4th. Everything 4th did was to protect RX, and if that meant he had to kill to protect her then that's what he did. Then, when I tried to explain that RX couldn't let go of these people was because they were family or childhood friends. her conscious wouldn't let her just let them be. her answer? RX knew how things ended in history, and you can't change history. So what was the point in creating all these problems with 4th just so she could "maybe" save these people. Finally, when I explained that RX left 4th to save her love for him and their love for each other. If she had continued to stay in the palace, sooner or later they were going to resent and hate each other. RX left so she wouldn't have to personally witness the people she loved being destroyed. What I got was, RX could have left in a different way. RX didn't have to go and marry 14th and hurt 4th the way she did. The way RX treated 4th toward the end just shows that she is very narrow minded and she couldn't see the big picture.

I am soo tired and my brains aren't functioning right, if I had typos or don't make sense in some part. Please pardon me. Thank you. LOL
    Yup! BBJX can certainly start some fiery debates! In fact I've debates with myself over 4th/Rouxi many many times.

But I find it ironic that the aspects of their personality that they love about each other is what ultimately drove them apart. She admires how he looks cold but is so fiercely loving and loyal to the ones that he loves. And as a modern girl she likes how he is anti-corruption and really wants to reform the country. Yet later on, when he really puts his ideas into practice, RouXi gets upset that he's hurting 8th and his posse. Wasn't she the one who proposed beating 9th and then sending him to beg for 3 months as punishment for his corrupt ways? What happened to that RouXi?

4th was probably attracted to RouXi from the start but he really fell for her when he saw how selfless she is and puts others above herself, like when she helped 13th, 14th and Minmin. Knowing that, is he really that surprised that she would go nuts if he steamed Yutan? If you're going to make an example of someone, choose someone other than her for goodness sakes! But as Emperor, he can't make every decision based on his feelings for RouXi. <sigh>

In the end, I can't really hate on RouXi for her soft-heartness and inability to face reality. She knew the history and witnessed first hand how the princes have battled each other for over 20 years, nothing she can say or do at this point will change them. But given her personality and the fact that she's human, she'll do everything in her power to save her friends, no matter who is trying to hurt them. Nor can I blame 4th for being so heavy-handed. The anger and bitterness he has towards his brothers have been brewing in his heart for so many years. That plus their continued plotting and scheming to give him trouble was just too much.

If I were in RouXi's position, I don't know if I could just pretend everything was fine and live happily ever after either. So in conclusion, I blame Tong Hua. She made their personalities too strong, made their love too passionate and ultimately made us fans shed too many tears. Damn you Tong Hua!

LMAO, I had fun reading your comment. It's so funny. It is true that if you have different views from your families then you shouldn't discuss it with them. I didn't really like ruoxi's character when she started hating 4th, which is true because I felt that she got weaker, nagged alot, and couldn't understand 4th's intentions. However, I did understood why she did what she did, but I just disliked it and couldn't stand it, lmao however, my niece thought she was stupid and hated ruoxi's character. I couldn't help it because that's what my niece felt and she is obligated to her opinion about ruoxi's character, but I still loved ruoxi and 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by Stace Vang View Post
    LMAO, I had fun reading your comment. It's so funny. It is true that if you have different views from your families then you shouldn't discuss it with them. I didn't really like ruoxi's character when she started hating 4th, which is true because I felt that she got weaker, nagged alot, and couldn't understand 4th's intentions. However, I did understood why she did what she did, but I just disliked it and couldn't stand it, lmao however, my niece thought she was stupid and hated ruoxi's character. I couldn't help it because that's what my cousin felt and she is obligated to her opinion about ruoxi's character, but I still loved ruoxi and 4th.
    Ruoxi actually knows exactly what will happen and what 4th is capable of. The thing is, reading about a person on paper is different from actually encountering the real person...and loving him. It's a paradox...she knows what he would be like from the history books and how events will unfold, but yet gets "bu bu jing xin"/"startled every step" when she experiences it in actuality.

Hello everyone. I'd like to know if 4th prince's favorite color is magnolia or white magnolia. Do you guys/girls have any idea what his favorite color is? It's for my fanfiction of the sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by bakaPX View Post
    Hello everyone. I'd like to know if 4th prince's favorite color is magnolia or white magnolia. Do you guys/girls have any idea what his favorite color is? It's for my fanfiction of the sequel.
    If I remember correctly, 4th prince's favorite color is purple. His favorite flower is magnolia. Magnolia generally is white, but I have seen pics of different color. I'm thinking his fav is the white magnolia.
    Last edited by tweety365; 11-03-11 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bakaPX View Post
    His favourite colour is the blue of the sky after the rain. (Ep. 6 in the drama.) I'm sure because I just translated this part from the novel.
    一杯酒,一個朋友!
    --离歌笑

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/536e7093jw1dmqpm1s084j.jpg')