Thread: Bu Bu Jing Xin 《步步惊心》 - Nicky Wu, Liu Shi Shi, Kevin Cheng, Yuan Hong

Fansubbing isn't exactly legal, like how scanlating manga/manhwa isn't legal.
    So...isn't it illegal to be selling (asking for donation) fansubs?

Sorry peeps, I don't really rely on subs for anything I watch, so I don't really understand what is going on....

What is this hard sub/soft sub thing? What's going on? Does someone care to explain this to a clueless person like myself?

Quote Originally Posted by 118mjl View Post
    What is this hard sub/soft sub thing? What's going on? Does someone care to explain this to a clueless person like myself?
    Hard subs is where the subtitles are hardcoded into the video; they're always there. Soft subs is when you can turn them on or off like on a DVD.

Soft sub is sub that have it own files, and you merge with the video, hard sub is en-beded in the video.. one thing great about soft sub is that you can change the wording of the sub if you think is not right.. and that you can merge with any video.. if you have HD quality video you can merge with that.. so sometime many like soft sub then hard sub, cause you can make changes...

Sorry peeps, I don't really rely on subs for anything I watch, so I don't really understand what is going on....

Viki is a place where a community of fans collectively translate dramas into English for other fans. Some channels on Viki now are releasing soft sub files for fans to keep, instead of having to watch on Viki all the time. BBJX team on Viki is now considering releasing those soft subs for donations. Which will not work out in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by dark_oracle View Post
    Umm... yeah, to me it's actually illegal...

Making it nonprofit is still within the 'morally correct' scope for me (as I said many times, I'd rather BUY the original version with English sub, but we dont have the original BBJX Eng subbed). But when it's sold, that becomes illegal...

yay finally i am able to register n discuss in the forum!!! (had some error issues before this -.-)
    i chanced upon this forum thread one mth ago aft i finished watchin bbjx, had so much grief n sadness in me that i had to discuss bout the show with someone, anyone!!! (no one ard me watched the show yet)

im feeling much better now though.. but i still find myself chasing aft bbjx news, discussions etc etc online, cant help it! the show really left a deep impression on me. am currently readin the novel now! halfway thru it, cnt really bare to continue though...i think ill cry a bucket load of tears again!!!

anyways for all the bbjx fans out there! not sure if this is mentioned in the thread yet.. lss mentioned in an interview recently that a sequel (bbjx2) might come out. she says that they r still in the midst of discussion with tong hua (bbjx novel author) about doin the sequel etc n she said tt she is keen to act if there shld be a sequel

Quote Originally Posted by dark_oracle View Post
    Actually, there are fansub group out there who ask for donations to access certain softsubs.

I'm actually one of the major contributors on the BBJX viki's channel and I understand how some people would like to have softsubs to this drama. This is just a suggestion I proposed in hope to motivate, help out the people who help bring the drama in English subs for you.

The more people vote, the more I'll get a clearer view about what people want. Then, I'll be able to extinguish my guilt and become the selfish advocate of no softsub sharing or the lenient one.

Again, BBJX English version will always be on viki for free, having softsubs is just considered a privilege for donators.

Quote Originally Posted by qtee123 View Post
    Actually, there are fansub group out there who ask for donations to access certain softsubs.

I'm actually one of the major contributors on the BBJX viki's channel and I understand how some people would like to have softsubs to this drama. This is just a suggestion I proposed in hope to motivate, help out the people who help bring the drama in English subs for you.

The more people vote, the more I'll get a clearer view about what people want. Then, I'll be able to extinguish my guilt and become the selfish advocate of no softsub sharing or the lenient one.

Again, BBJX English version will always be on viki for free, having softsubs is just considered a privilege for donators.
    As a fan who relies on fan-subbers, I greatly appreciate the hardwork and time that it takes to translate shows like BBJX. I don't mind donating to show my appreciation and I voted YES on the survey. I like the streaming option for shows that I might not want to DL and keep, but for shows like BBJX which is a keeper, I would gladly pay a little. Besides, I know that if we're lucky enough to get an offering of the DVD box set in the US, a)the subs won't be that great b)the cost will be higher than what it would cost me to donate.

Again - thanks to the Viki subbers and I really really hope that they'll release softsubs!!!!

It's 14RX's turn.... LGX and LSS at the Folli Follie store opening event today.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/6a1dbae1jw1dmzylh3fqyj.jpg')

:P ooo there so cute together he so handsome delicious

hi, a bit confused here, I want to ask.....
    why after the RX scene kneed at the rain, because she get punished by the emperor from defend 13th, after a few days when 4th visit to her room, he suddenly tell her the he could't ask ah-ma to marry RX, and then leave her cry alone..........why ??? he love her so much, right ??

Quote Originally Posted by cl4ssy View Post
    hi, a bit confused here, I want to ask.....
    why after the RX scene kneed at the rain, because she get punished by the emperor from defend 13th, after a few days when 4th visit to her room, he suddenly tell her the he could't ask ah-ma to marry RX, and then leave her cry alone..........why ??? he love her so much, right ??
    He couldn't marry her because he wasn't in the position to ask anymore. With the entire 13th issue, the Emperor was waried about 4th being part of the conspiracy to vie for the throne. Therefore, 4th knew that he can't ask the Emperor for RX's hand in marriage, especially since RX has such powerful connections (with the Mongolians, for example). That's why they couldn't get married then. 4th has to kick start his plan to become Emperor, only until he becomes the Emperor will he have the ability to free 13th and marry RX. So, until then, he has to keep a distance from everything (including RX) so that the Emperor will renew his faith in him.

8RX press conference at MONTBLANC

Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 11-11-11 at 04:09 PM.

14RX at Folli Follie Store Opening

Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 11-11-11 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post
    Wow, I don't think LSS has been asked such a big portion of the questions before. They asked her about idols she wants to collaborate with and she said that she really admires Damian Lau and learned a lot from him in BBJX.

Husband-wife moment at 20:06! What was that about, lol.
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

AH!!! When are the high quality pics of 8RX at the MONTBLANC event gonna be released?! Please share, people!

He couldn't marry her because he wasn't in the position to ask anymore. With the entire 13th issue, the Emperor was waried about 4th being part of the conspiracy to vie for the throne. Therefore, 4th knew that he can't ask the Emperor for RX's hand in marriage, especially since RX has such powerful connections (with the Mongolians, for example). That's why they couldn't get married then. 4th has to kick start his plan to become Emperor, only until he becomes the Emperor will he have the ability to free 13th and marry RX. So, until then, he has to keep a distance from everything (including RX) so that the Emperor will renew his faith in him.

ohhh, ic.....very nice explanation, thank you......

This is an interview with Huayi founder, 王中磊 Wang Zhong Lei. He was impressed by 13th and 14th in BBJX, so he's keenly watching YH and LGX's careers now.
    http://www.qiyi.com/zongyi/20111031/...113f42665.html
    http://www.hunantv.com/c/20111028/0831057328_3.html

And for Honglong shippers
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/6265fe9dtw1dn2a0wq7pwj.jpg')
    Last edited by xiaolong; 11-13-11 at 02:51 AM.
    I ship Shi-Harem

Just like to share this fanfic I came across while looking for random BBJX stuff. It's so beautiful I feel I had to share it, apologies to anyone who'd find it too long (it's not, really). It's from 4th's perspective, and like him, the writing is elegant and incredibly poetic that it actually broke my heart a little bit.

Only

He remembers the very first time he knew. She is absurdly gleeful after her equally absurd prank; laughing so hard her hair slides loose. There is salt in his very astonished mouth and his mind is blank. The thought, when it comes, comes so naturally it blinds him. No one will ever mean this much to me.

They are lying in bed, an ocean and a decade of suffering after, and she's curled up at his side. Her sharp little chin digs painfully into his arm, but he continues silently stroking her hair.

"What are you thinking?" Ruo Xi asks softly, infinitely tender.

He is thinking about the hard, resentful eyes of his brothers in court. He is thinking about the vicious rumours he must stem; and how much more vicious he must learn to be. He is thinking about the last time anyone has spoken to him in the tone she just did.

He raises his hand and studies the fall of black silk that is his lover's hair. Now he imagines silver threading through the black and replies simply, "I want to grow old with you."

And her kisses are sweet, as sweet as the truth after a lifetime of lies.

"She was my sister." She claws and rips his sleeves. His own reaching hands are flung away once again. Dimly, he feels the fear-mingled shock of the servants and a corner of him is still rational enough to deduce what they must be thinking. How dare she treat the emperor this way?

He knows it, but nothing registers, because the rest of him is hurting. And despite their terrified audience, he wants to tell her what he's known for years. What he promised himself that night out in the rain, when they were the only two people in the world.

I will clear the path between us.

Withstanding the flailing fists, he presses his wet face into the curve of her neck and wills her to understand. You are my only.

He will not veer down his father's path. He owes his wives and all the years they've devoted to him that much. His children will not hate as he has hated; scheme as he has schemed. And still, as he fits his hand to Ruo Xi's gently rounded belly, he embraces his hypocrisy.

Even if the throne passes elsewhere, this child, alone of all his children, will never learn fear.

On the rare nights he collapses into fitful sleep, it's the memories that come. How cold her hand was when he knocked it aside. How she had reached for him as he turned his back, the very last time.

The darkness listens as he recites the old poems on fortitude and the nature of transience. As his fingers dig into his burning palms, he steadily repeats all the mantras that have carried him through the early years – the mother whose last regret was not hurting him more; the brother who hurts him without needing to try. The deeper the wound, the greater the control. I will not break. You will not break me.

And night after night, he quietly loses his mind. I should have turned a little slower, the taste of hot iron and ashes fills his mouth, I should have looked a little longer.

Loss is like this. It is white flakes drifting; red petals falling. It is a single woman, the promise of forever, dancing in the snow.