Thread: Bu Bu Jing Xin 《步步惊心》 - Nicky Wu, Liu Shi Shi, Kevin Cheng, Yuan Hong

The crazed fangirl in me wants BBJX2 so badly. I want to see them happily reuniting in the modern world. Maybe have RuoXi/Zhang Xiao engage in polyandry But the sensible part, says it's a bad idea. BBJX is memorable because of its total heart wrenching sadness. What made the drama so good was that it was based on a good book. Tong Hua had years to think up, write, and revise BBJX. And the production crew took their time to plan out the series.

If there is a BBJX2, I hope they have the same cast and an EXCELLENT scriptwriter. BBJX2 seems like a rush to capitalize on the first. I don't want it to be like Gong where the story is "inspired" by other plots and hastily put together.

Agree with everything you said here, DeNote. And hi there!

There is now a manga version of BBJX! (Not published yet)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/9c73adb0gw1dpsmaeyk9jj.jpg')
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

Ohhh! I do hope they will translate it into English this time!

蔡艺侬证实刘诗诗无大碍】因主演电视剧《步步惊心》而人气急升的演员@刘诗诗 在《伤心童话》片场突然腹痛不止,被紧急送往东莞医院,初步诊断是急性胰腺炎。其所属公司负责 人@蔡艺侬 表示目前诗诗病情稳定,并同时透露《步步惊心2》将启用原班人马,下半年开拍。
    Karen stated LSS is in stable condition and that BBJX will start filming 2nd half of the year with the original cast (I think...LOL).

Video:http://www.letv.com/ptv/vplay/1484521.html

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i40.tinypic.com/npezh0.jpg')And YAY!!! Congratulations to BBJX thread hitting over 1 Million!!!!!$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i44.tinypic.com/2qtls1v.jpg')

Stable?? Has LSS been ill?! (okay, apparently she had acute pancreatitis. Gosh). And how do I know how many thread counts for BBJX? I can only see that we're in page 333, with > 6,600 posts. Good that Karen confirms the original cast (didn't she?).

Yes, BBJX will have the original cast. Karen says that BBJX will have the original cast, but this 'sequel' may not have any link with BBJX1 (i.e. an original story, that doesn't continue on from BBJX).

Here's the video on youtube:
    Last edited by H.Ge-C.Liu; 02-10-12 at 01:15 AM.

Transferred from LSS's thread, posted by H.Ge-C.Liu.

Quote Originally Posted by H.Ge-C.Liu View Post
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/70f38323tw1dpwxbmofdvj.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/70f38323tw1dpwxdftdykj.jpg')

Important tidbits:
    1. Three things Karen promised for BBJX2:
    - No time travelling
    - Not entering the palace
    - The original cast will be kept

2. She will not be like Gong 2, only letting the original leads (FengMi, in this case LongShi) be 'soysauce' in BBJX2.

3. Fourth and Eighth have made sure their schedules are free for BBJX2 filming, and YH has confirmed that he will be participating in BBJX2. Lin Geng Xin and LSS are TR's artists, so they're naturally confirmed.

4. It is definitely a modern drama, and the story is still being drafted. (I hope the scriptwriter is good)

5. There was a reporter who asked, "Who will RuoXi end up with here?" Karen replied, "Maybe neither." (Thus, there is a chance that LSS will end up with 13th or 14th.)

So Nicky, Kevin, YH, & LGX (and of course LSS) are confirmed? I'm excited now!!! VERY!!! Thank you for this great news H.Ge-C.Liu and LXX.

I'm not going to even think about Tong Hua's involvement or not with BBJX2 (b/c that would be asking for too much right?)

BBJX2! Woo whoo! I'm not going to worry about the Tong Hua, or the scriptwriter, or the modern setting until later when there's more news. For now I'm ecstatic that the characters are coming back. However if it's a totally unrelated story than I'm a bit disappointed but yay to a BBJX cast reunion.

2. She will not be like Gong 2, only letting the original leads (FengMi, in this case LongShi) be 'soysauce' in BBJX2.
    PS- what's soysauce?

Quote Originally Posted by DeNote View Post
    BBJX2! Woo whoo! I'm not going to worry about the Tong Hua, or the scriptwriter, or the modern setting until later when there's more news. For now I'm ecstatic that the characters are coming back. However if it's a totally unrelated story than I'm a bit disappointed but yay to a BBJX cast reunion.

PS- what's soysauce?
    I think it means side characters/unimportant?

Quote Originally Posted by fuyuko View Post
    I think it means side characters/unimportant?
    Close enough. Another synonym would be cameo/minor role. Chinese slang for that is ‘打酱油’ which literally translates to 'being soysauce'.

Close enough. Another synonym would be cameo/minor role. Chinese slang for that is ‘打酱油’ which literally translates to 'being soysauce'.
    How in the world did soysauce become cameo? I can get 粉丝 as fans due to the homophone but this... *scratches head*

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerDreamz View Post
    How in the world did soysauce become cameo? I can get 粉丝 as fans due to the homophone but this... *scratches head*
    A little search on google and I got this (it's actually pretty interesting!)
    http://www.fluentflix.com/blog/2012/...ding-business/

Default a very obsessed fan.

when i thought i had depleted every single bts video on youtube (speaking of which, THANKS LIU XIAO XIAO) and spent hours backtracking lss, wql, yh, kc, lgx, lxy's weibos (yes. all the way till december).. the cold turkey was killing me. then i chance upon this. *SWOONS* So yes, i'm back tracking all the posts in this. *faints at the number of pages*

and words cannot describe how incredibly excited i am that they are getting the cast back together.. i love the cast-bond as much as the awesome show itself.. which makes the bts all so more precious.. T.T

someone should create a thread for bbjx 2 itself! ^^

I like Karen's promises for BBJX2. I wonder if they'll actually call it BBJX2 like how Gong2 is. I don't think a "2" at the end of any title looks good.

I personally prefer if it's separate and can be watched separately without BBJX1, yet not lose too much flavor.
    There's just too many examples of sequels that turns out to be soul-less stories for the purpose of being a cashcow for the producer so they can milk whatever left. That's usually happens for continuation type sequels because deliberately trying to continue a beautifully finished story usually appears draggy. That's why I'm glad that Karen said it might not have anything to do with BBJX1. Another wish also is that it not be exact modern version of BBJX1 cause that's really slacking work by a scriptwriter. If I were an author and it was my treasured book, I'd never let anyone do a sequel that I didn't write. What if they ruin it? Hopefully, Karen's just making use of the BBJX story & cast popularity, but making a completely separate story.

Thoughts after reading Karen's "neither" reply to whether RuoXi might end up with 4th or 8th in the sequel made me instantly think that it could be 14th. My heart says "pleaseeeee...." for 13th, but my brain says " it's unlikely."

Hmmm... not sure if I'm happy with no relation between BBJX 1 and 2. Cos the main reason why I want to see them again is because I want a happy ending for 4RX. But at least the original cast is kept intact, so there you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Icha Parvati View Post
    Hmmm... not sure if I'm happy with no relation between BBJX 1 and 2. Cos the main reason why I want to see them again is because I want a happy ending for 4RX. But at least the original cast is kept intact, so there you go.
    I feel EXACTLY THE SAME WAY!!! I'd say you can create a whole new story especially since it is in modern times, but keep the 4RX issue there and RESOLVE IT gahhhhh..... this better be a Zhang Xiao story!!!! I want my official happy ending!!!

Apparently, LGX received his script. Already? I thought Karen said that the script wasn't done yet.$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.t.sinajs.cn/t35/style/images/common/face/ext/normal/e9/sk_thumb.gif')

Bu Bu Jing Xin 2: Owed Happiness/The happiness I owed you
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/6728caedjw1dpyfgittpvj.jpg')

**Although this could be a photoshop (notice the date). Still, the Fourteenth and Tong Shao Tian pictures are extremely likeable. $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.t.sinajs.cn/t35/style/images/common/face/ext/normal/ac/smilea_thumb.gif')

EDIT: Karen said this is a fan made script by one of the KIDS (LGX's fans).
    Last edited by H.Ge-C.Liu; 02-11-12 at 05:10 AM.

I wonder who will write the story. I just hope it'll be just as good as BBJX. I agree they shouldn't just tack on BBJX "2". They should make a play on the title Bu Bu Jing Xin; different title but can still tell it's Bu Bu. Bu Bu something else?