Thread: Bu Bu Jing Xin 《步步惊心》 - Nicky Wu, Liu Shi Shi, Kevin Cheng, Yuan Hong

Quote Originally Posted by H.Ge-C.Liu View Post
    Fourth, Fourteenth and Eighth in 时尚 magazine:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/681ab3edjw1dq4crwaecjj.jpg')
    oh my no. 4.. why are u such a dork even though u are twice my age? <3

Theatre production of BBJX:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/7020cce5gw1dq4aagq4pij.jpg')

On the theatre stage, I'd say much more skill is required in vocal projection and expression. And theatre acting needs more outward expression than nuanced acting.
    I ship Shi-Harem

Here's the ending credits of the theatre adaption of BBJX (fan recorded): http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/U4sDliV4FH4
    Last edited by H.Ge-C.Liu; 02-17-12 at 01:04 AM.
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

Quote Originally Posted by lmjl18 View Post
    Just read this off JayneStar, had to share this with you all

“Bu Bu Jing Xin” Induces Time Travel Scam in China
    By Jayne on February 15, 2012

Mainland China series, Bu Bu Jing Xin <步步惊心> was extremely popular and left more than an emotional impact upon viewers. The drama’s time travel twist, which featured Liu Shi Shi (刘诗诗) traveling back in time to the Qing Dynasty and embroiled in romances with Nicky Wu (吴奇隆) and Kevin Cheng (鄭嘉穎 ), may have impassioned naive teenage boys and girls to pursue the same time travel fantasy!

Recently, a teenage girl in China, known as Xiao Dan, was cheated of her money by a time travel scam artist. Psychologists maintain that such time travel urges, a form of extreme escapism, was quite rare. Such fantasies may stem from dissatisfaction with real life and a curiosity in living a fantasy in an ancient era.

The victim of a recent scam, Xiao Dan was particularly fascinated with novels and TV series centered around time travel themes. She wished to travel back to the Qing Dynasty or Tang Dynasty. One month ago, Xiao Dan met an online friend known as “Immortal Sister.” The pair got along very well and in one of their conversations, Xiao Dan indicated that she was interested in traveling back in time. “Immortal Sister” claimed that she possessed the knowledge and power to travel across different time periods, after which the pair met in person. When “Immortal Sister” asked for money to help her fulfill her fantasy, Xiao Dan agreed to pay $18,00 Yuan (all the money she had in her possession). After counting the money, “Immortal Sister” thought that it was too little money, but promise to give Xiao Dan one time travel trip.

A few days later, Xiao Dan met with “Immortal Sister” and her “time travel expert” friend. A remote, isolated areas was selected as the destination for Xiao Dan’s time travel trip. Xiao Dan was asked to drink a bottle of wine, upon which she will wake up and travel to the Qing Dynasty. Xiao Dan followed instructions, drinking the entire bottle of wine and woke up cold. She found herself still in the same remote location as before, with “Immortal Sister” and her $1,800 Yuan gone. Realizing her foolishness, Xiao Dan reported the scam to the police.

Excerpt from ifeng.com
    I heard about this too. I feel bad for the girl but at the same time, how foolish was she to actually fall for something like this? I hope that this will prevent others from falling for the same con.

The Officiel pictures look great! I of course root for Nicky, but 14 and 8 were awesome too. Kevin's laying in bed was very flirtious!

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Theatre production of BBJX:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/7020cce5gw1dq4aagq4pij.jpg')

On the theatre stage, I'd say much more skill is required in vocal projection and expression. And theatre acting needs more outward expression than nuanced acting.
    I agree it would be MUCH more difficult to act Si Ye in a theatrical setting. How would you express his inner turmoils? I wonder if Nicky would ever want to play Si Ye in the theater?

Bu Bu Jing Xin in Vietnamese:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/4aeb085agw1dq7fjsx9j9j.jpg')
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/4aeb085agw1dq7fjsx9j9j.jpg')
    is this book or DVD? cant see the cover clearly.
    http://msdustrain00.wordpress.com/
    My blog about Asian drama.

Quote Originally Posted by msdustrain View Post
    is this book or DVD? cant see the cover clearly.
    Book, translated in Vietnamese XD I can't wait to get a copy myself

Quote Originally Posted by thesolangestory View Post
    oh my no. 4.. why are u such a dork even though u are twice my age? <3
    LOL I was just about to ask why 8th had be to so bloody hot and seductive on the bed even when twice my age too! I should be crushing on Zac Efron instead *shakes head*

Rather silly of girl falling for time travel scam. Hard to believe she fell for it in the first place. When you consider how long time travel has been a part of Western culture fiction (Dr Who being most dominant example), it's sad to think that such flights of fantasy are still governed rigidly by the PRC gov.

Quote Originally Posted by chancy426 View Post
    I love the bro-mistry between 8th & 14th. So cute. I've been stuck in kdramaland for too long, so this weibo stuff is so amusing to me.

No doubt Karen is worrying about TR's piggy bank. I remember a newspaper article some months ago that said Nicky & Kevin's pay skyrocketed after BBJX. I think BBJX2 will be even more of an eye candy than BBJX because of the modern setting. These guys were great looking even though they were stuck in Qing setting. I wonder if their characters would still carry their special aura/presence from BBJX.
    I think with the aid of tailored suits and tuxes, they can definitely get there. Oh, and leather jackets wouldn't go amiss either. *sizzling*

Ohhh... I envy you! How come we have the Vietnamese version and not the English version? We also have some English speakers here... jealous!

Was watching this, and suddenly filled with longing for 4RX and BBJX in general... sigh...

Ok I am slow, I just watched the last epi finally lol.. Just a bit confused here, so ruoxi was the one who asked 13th to bring poisons to 8th and 9th?? But if she doesn't exist in history at all how can this be possible ??

Quote Originally Posted by Luanee View Post
    Ok I am slow, I just watched the last epi finally lol.. Just a bit confused here, so ruoxi was the one who asked 13th to bring poisons to 8th and 9th?? But if she doesn't exist in history at all how can this be possible ??
    From what I've read online about chinese history, 8th and 9th princes died of illness. so in the case of this TV series, I assumed that they were indeed poisoned but the people were told that they died of illness to avoid investigation and at least preserve Ruoxi's memory.

But that's just my guess
    喜欢一个人不就是应该让她感到幸福,让她快乐。别给他带来困扰 - 孟天楚/刑名师爷

Quote Originally Posted by Luanee View Post
    Hey, no worries. I haven't finished the second round of watching BBJX. Almost going into Ruolan's death, and too scared to watch the rest (tho I do have a treat of 4RX afterwards... and several more...).

And Snowflake's explanation of your question makes sense.

Slightly OT:

I saw this video about Michael Fassbender and James McAvoy (I love them both, gosh, they're so talented and sexy!) for their roles in X-Men First Class, and I immediately thought of the bromance between 4/13 and 8/14...

Quote Originally Posted by snowflakesdance View Post
    From what I've read online about chinese history, 8th and 9th princes died of illness. so in the case of this TV series, I assumed that they were indeed poisoned but the people were told that they died of illness to avoid investigation and at least preserve Ruoxi's memory.

But that's just my guess
    Oh thanks this makes sense, I didn't know they supposed to die from illness in history hee..

Quote Originally Posted by Icha Parvati View Post
    Hey, no worries. I haven't finished the second round of watching BBJX. Almost going into Ruolan's death, and too scared to watch the rest (tho I do have a treat of 4RX afterwards... and several more...).

And Snowflake's explanation of your question makes sense.
    At least u are doing ur second round, mine is still the first round lol.. I had to skip some mushy stuffs between rx and 4ye in between due to time constraint hee.. Not a 4ye fan lol

Some BBJX goodies from the BBJX tumblr page.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzo9cvYNsG1qe9cl2o1_400.gif')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzo9cvYNsG1qe9cl2o2_400.gif')

Commentaries from linggluu:

let’s look at the many things wrong in this picture from a modern point of view:

-he’s married to her sister
    -they’re rolling around on fake grass/flowers
    -in the middle of winter
    -the person she’s rolling around with, is not 4. :P

From ruanchunxian:

The funny thing is, when this episode aired for the first time, the cast apparently was watching it live and they provided running commentary on weibo:

Nicky (in very defeated tone): They’re rolling around now.

Geng Xin (to Nicky): Ge, it pains me to watch this, are you in pain too? T_T

Yuan Hong: So Ruo Xi’s brother in law finally shows his true colors.

Some person running the official BBJX weibo: Hey Si Ye, is the vinegar shop open today? :P

I’m probably paraphrasing.

LOLOLOL! The commentaries are HILARIOUS!

Quote Originally Posted by annbug View Post
    The funny thing is, when this episode aired for the first time, the cast apparently was watching it live and they provided running commentary on weibo:

Nicky (in very defeated tone): They’re rolling around now.

Geng Xin (to Nicky): Ge, it pains me to watch this, are you in pain too? T_T

Yuan Hong: So Ruo Xi’s brother in law finally shows his true colors.

Some person running the official BBJX weibo: Hey Si Ye, is the vinegar shop open today? :P

I’m probably paraphrasing.

LOLOLOL! The commentaries are HILARIOUS!
    OH MANNNNNNNNNNNNNNN This is why i love the cast... <3